Wilco touring in 2025

Two South East USA dates on the calendar already!

Any predictions on what we'll see the rest of the year?

More festivals (which ones would we want - I'd love to see them play Newport Folk?)?

What are the best venues that they've never played but realistically could this year?

So many more questions: What songs from Cruel Country/Cousin will never see the light of day again and which classics will be dusted off?

• Like 2

I was watching football from Hawaii yesterday & had a thought. U of H has a new very nice small stadium. Maybe instead of Mexico the band should consider playing in Hawaii. Lots of flights & hotels of all prices available. + I think Hawaii is herb friendly. Nudge nudge wink wink say no more!

• Like 1
On 8/29/2024 at 7:39 AM, !goose! said:

They played way too few off of cousin at the nyc shows in June.  They could have done a star wars type tour with that record. 

We in the West were really lucky ("we were lucky...") that they played a lot of shows here when Cousin came out, and the shows heavily featured the new songs. I saw "Evicted" nine times, and I even got to see them play the "rarities" multiple times (although I missed the lone performance of "Ten Dead" and they still haven't played "A Bowl and a Pudding"). It was really great. The only problem was that only about five percent of the audience was familiar with the new songs, so people would sit down en masse any time they started playing a new song at a seated venue.

Anyway, we've been spoiled out here so I'm not expecting a ton of Wilco shows in California in 2025, although I do expect we'll get another Largo run from Jeff.

• Like 2

I recall that the band used the "Evening With" designation for those marathon shows they did 10 ish years ago. Have they used it since? I wonder if that's what we're in for, or if it's to signify that there won't be an opener. Or perhaps none of the above!

4 minutes ago, summerdai said:

Multiple nights, 2 hr ish shows. I see no reason to expect anything else.

Except the data point that they’ve billed shows “An Evening With” and have, indeed, done something else. 

They've already said there won't be an opener. "An evening with" usually (always?) indicates that the band is the only music performance. I don't think it necessarily means the set will therefor be longer. But I suppose it's a possibility.

Anyways, I got tickets for all 3 nights in St Paul, see you folks there. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, tblair said:

got my Royal Albert Hall tickets... yay! Not cheap though. But then, nothing is 

Yes indeed. I decided I could but did not want to go that high. I don't feel the spark of excitement about the thought of going to see them live that I used to (though still listen a lot etc. and liked Cousin very much) - shows just seem too sedate for me now and if I see someone live I don't just want it to be like listening to the records but standing up the whole time. The only acts off the top of my head that I want to see are CMAT / Yard Act / Mary Wallopers (or Macca in a small venue of course but that's not going to happen and at his age he probably wouldn't match my expectations anyway so I would not want that disappointment to sour my love of him/Beatles). It is nice that they got to the Albert Hall though. I've only been there once - to see Emmylou in the 90's. Suppose I'd always want to see Emmylou live too a few more times to get up to double digits.

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Yes indeed. I decided I could but did not want to go that high. I don't feel the spark of excitement about the thought of going to see them live that I used to (though still listen a lot etc. and liked Cousin very much) - shows just seem too sedate for me now and if I see someone live I don't just want it to be like listening to the records but standing up the whole time. The only acts off the top of my head that I want to see are CMAT / Yard Act / Mary Wallopers (or Macca in a small venue of course but that's not going to happen and at his age he probably wouldn't match my expectations anyway so I would not want that disappointment to sour my love of him/Beatles). It is nice that they got to the Albert Hall though. I've only been there once - to see Emmylou in the 90's. Suppose I'd always want to see Emmylou live too a few more times to get up to double digits.

it's mostly (if not all) seating at the Albert Hall

16 hours ago, Analogman said:

Aren't you going to go see Oasis, Old Chap?

Ha! Funny. I actually find Noel quite entertaining for his honesty when interviewed etc. and sort of like him (not Liam though), but as far as the music is concerned I found Oasis really painfully derivative (the obvious influence) and apart from a handful of tracks can't listen to their banal cut and paste lyrics.

Plus, their tickets are even more expensive and I never go to stadium shows - there is a certain thrill to being in a big crowd but I have got that from Wales sports events over the years. Music in big arenas is a non-starter for me - you're just watching the screens not the ants on stage in the far distance.