I didn't used to think a ticket forum would be necessary, but now I do -- all the hysterical screeching about tickets is distracting me and my dog from On Fillmore's chirps and horns.

What will we do when the scalpers arrive, though? They will.

I didn't used to think a ticket forum would be necessary, but now I do -- all the hysterical screeching about tickets is distracting me and my dog from On Fillmore's chirps and horns. 

What will we do when the scalpers arrive, though?  They will.

:rotfl

If you suspect someone is a scalper, check their previous posts to see if they've ever been sucked in to some inane argument about Pitchfork, MP3's, or AGIB as a measure of their Forum cred. :pirate

if someone's first post is a ticket request and/or sale, trust me, they will be watched :)

i could also set a password on that section and mass PM all current users with the password i suppose?

would that be worth it or should we just self police and see how it goes?

if someone's first post is a ticket request and/or sale, trust me, they will be watched :)

i could also set a password on that section and mass PM all current users with the password i suppose?

would that be worth it or should we just self police and see how it goes?

The password and Mass PM current users idea sounds good to me, but it's probably not real fair/democratic.

The password and Mass PM current users idea sounds good to me, but it's probably not real fair/democratic.

true. maybe we could implement if you've got 10 posts, you can just PM one of the admins for the current password?

just throwing out ideas

Guest gsteinb
Awwwwwww, can't we have a Jeff Tweedy sad hat forum??? :no

(I'm for a ticket forum as well. :dancing)

Just to clarify....

the hat isn't sad, but prone to tears due to manic episodes. it is sad in an oh there there way, but controlable if it just remembers to take its meds.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?showforum=26

open for bidness :)

no password currently, we'll see how it goes. i wish i could require people have at least a few posts before they are allowed to post in there, but i've not found a way as of yet, so i'll ask that you guys help us police it, but don't be overzealous/too strict about it either ;)