101 replies to this topic

#41 Beltmann

Beltmann

On & On & On

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

Thanks Rob! Like everybody else here, I find wilcobase invaluable, and essential.

#42 mpolak21

mpolak21

never leaves us boa'd!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Rob! Like everybody else here, I find wilcobase invaluable, and essential.

I second that :cheers Thanks for all the great work Rob.

--Mike

#43 froggie

froggie

On & On & On

• 9,611 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

:thumbup

#44 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:47 PM

The other day I got a suggestion for a new Stats page, since it's been awhile since I've updated the site, and since the recent tour just wrapped up, I figured it was a good time for a site update.

So, check out the First/Last time played page: http://wilcobase.com...time_played.php

Like I said, this page was a suggestion (thanks Zach!)... if you have anything you'd like to see added to the site, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

#45 Analogman

Analogman

All the Way Back in the Seventies

• 46,032 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 02:56 PM

The other day I got a suggestion for a new Stats page, since it's been awhile since I've updated the site, and since the recent tour just wrapped up, I figured it was a good time for a site update.

So, check out the First/Last time played page: http://wilcobase.com...time_played.php

Like I said, this page was a suggestion (thanks Zach!)... if you have anything you'd like to see added to the site, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

You know, on Crowesbase they have this deal called "C H R I S ' I S M" - maybe we could have such a thing someday - and then people could just read something Jeff said at a show - instead of tracking down a tape of it.

http://www.crowesbas...cfm?TapeID=1754

#46 froggie

froggie

On & On & On

• 9,611 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

:w00t

:cheers .. this is going to be a great page for wasting time!

#47 OOO

OOO

On & On & On

• 6,776 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

Pot Kettle Black - Last Time Played: 2004-11-10

That Tweedy guy better watch his back if he keeps this up.

#48 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

Hello everyone...

It's been awhile since I've been around here, so an introduction may be in order. I'm Rob, and I'm the guy that takes the setlists that get posted here and/or e-mailed to me, and puts them into a database and hosts them on wilcobase.com. I've been doing this for about 3 years now, picking up when Jane stepped down from the Timeline. Wow, looking back on it, it's been almost exactly 3 years -- 5/17/2004 was the first official post... Happy Birthday to me. :cheers

Ok, that's enough ancient history, fast forward 3 years... 2007. I haven't been around VC very much lately in the recent months. I've been in contact with a few folks from around here via e-mail, but that's about it. Today I got an e-mail from Jeremy, checking in with me, and saying he thinks I've been getting a bum wrap on VC. Not having been around here, I figured I better stop in and see what's been going on.

So, yeah, I've had a hard time keeping the site up to date, I just posted the AUS tour setlists last week, and up until tonight, I didn't have any of the EUR tour dates entered into the calendar. Not that I really need to explain why, but I'll come forward with it anyways. I've been working on a huge project at work. I've been basically working 6 or 7 days a week on it since as far back as I can remember. The project was for new video scoreboards for the PGA TOUR to be used at THE PLAYERS Championship, which wrapped up last weekend. The 3 weeks leading up to the tournament, I was working at least 13 hours a day. As if that wasn't enough... I got married at the end of April. :wub

So, I hope you can understand that updating setlists on wilcobase.com just had to slide until I got through these 2 very important events in my personal (now public) life.

Going forward, I hope to be able to keep up with the setlists. As soon as I receive them I'll try to get them posted. Adding in updates to artwork, shows reviews, posters, etc. whenever I have the time.

There are some things everyone here at VC can do to help me get things posted sooner. First of all, I don't have any inside information or contact within the band. I rely on fans like each of you to post setlists. If you post a setlist to VC, it would be a HUGE help to me if you could also drop me an e-mail (feedback@wilcobase.com). I may not be able to get onto VC each and every day, but I do check e-mail. The same also goes for concert reviews, photos, posters, etc. If you post something to VC, please also drop me an e-mail. Often times, the photo links get lost on page 5 of 10 in the After The Show forum threads.

Ok, so that's quite enough for now. Thanks to those who defended me in my absence... I haven't seen many of you for quite awhile, but it's good to know you're still around these parts. Hopefully we'll meet up somewhere out there on the road.

#49 Preferred B

Preferred B

On & On & On

• 5,273 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

I got married at the end of April. :wub

:w00t Congratulations to the two of you!

#50 froggie

froggie

On & On & On

• 9,611 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

congrats and thanks for all you do! :thumbup

#51 kidsmoke

kidsmoke

Laminated Cat

• Admin
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

ROB!!!! What wonderful news!!!! :w00t :cheers I wish you and your bride many, many, many years of love and happiness and noisy squalling children and every bit of joyous happiness that married life can bring! :yes

You are a treasure to all of us who are Wilco fans, and we appreciate you more than you can know.

#52 Mystik Spiral

Mystik Spiral

The Scenic Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:01 AM

congrats, rob!!! thanks for all you do, and here's hoping for a red rocks reunion, someday... :cheers

#53 fellinlovewithadrummer

fellinlovewithadrummer

A Cherry Ghost

• 31 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 07:20 AM

2 things about wilcobase. one why cant the home page default to the latest shows? people are not looking for setlists fron 1994 when they log in. they want to see the most recent ones first. which leads me to my second point. is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks

As you may have heard, Jane is stepping down from her role as Timeline Chick. Never fear, your Wilco setlist needs will be handled by WilcoBase.com.

With co-operation from Jane, I've setup a database with the information contained on her Timeline pages. Check it out, and let me know what you think. I'm very open to suggestions to make the site better, so drop me a line if you have some good ideas. Also don't forget that pen and paper when attending Wilco shows -- jot down the setlist, and post it here when you can get back to a computer.

#54 aricandover

aricandover

Favorite Husband on the Planet

• 11,411 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

2 things about wilcobase. one why which leads me to my second point. is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks

because the guy running site, Rob, has a life outside of the internet, and he's probably too busy with real life things to get to it right away.

#55 cryptique

cryptique

On & On & On

• 19,967 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:23 AM

is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks

A little patience would be nice. Be glad the site exists at all.

#56 lessthanIthink

lessthanIthink

Pop Quiz Kid

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:32 AM

because the guy running site, Rob, has a life outside of the internet, and he's probably too busy with real life things to get to it right away.

Having a life outside the internet is soooo 1990's.

#57 gogo

gogo

Smarmy Condescending Hurtful Bitch

• 9,213 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, apparently someone missed this post.

(Actually, I missed it the first time around, too. Congrats, Rob! :cheekkiss )

#58 mpolak21

mpolak21

never leaves us boa'd!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

(Actually, I missed it the first time around, too. Congrats, Rob! :cheekkiss )

Yeah me too, congrats Rob :thumbup.

--Mike

#59 Rob

Rob

Sir Robert of WilcoBase

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

Wow, quoting a post that's over 3 years old... That must be some kind of record! :lol

The thing about the date sorting has always bugged me as well. So, it should be fixed now.
And it's already been said, but I do my best to keep up with setlists as they come in. Earlier this year I got behind, and last week, I was w/o internet as well, so that was the reason for the delay there.

I really view the site as a historical archive of setlists, along with some cool ways of viewing, sorting, dissecting the setlists. If you really want up to the minute setlist reports, these forums are probably your best bet. :cheers

As always, if you have any suggestions, I'll see them & respond much sooner if you send them directly to me --> feedback@wilcobase.com

:beer

2 things about wilcobase. one why cant the home page default to the latest shows? people are not looking for setlists fron 1994 when they log in. they want to see the most recent ones first. which leads me to my second point. is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks

As you may have heard, Jane is stepping down from her role as Timeline Chick. Never fear, your Wilco setlist needs will be handled by WilcoBase.com.
With co-operation from Jane, I've setup a database with the information contained on her Timeline pages. Check it out, and let me know what you think. I'm very open to suggestions to make the site better, so drop me a line if you have some good ideas. Also don't forget that pen and paper when attending Wilco shows -- jot down the setlist, and post it here when you can get back to a computer.

#60 ms. yvon

ms. yvon

Useful yvon!

• 11,557 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

HOLY CATS!! congratulations, rob!!

(thanks, maudie!0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users