wilcobase.com

ROB!!!! What wonderful news!!!! :w00t :cheers I wish you and your bride many, many, many years of love and happiness and noisy squalling children and every bit of joyous happiness that married life can bring! :yes

You are a treasure to all of us who are Wilco fans, and we appreciate you more than you can know.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

2 things about wilcobase. one why cant the home page default to the latest shows? people are not looking for setlists fron 1994 when they log in. they want to see the most recent ones first. which leads me to my second point. is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks

As you may have heard, Jane is stepping down from her role as Timeline Chick. Never fear, your Wilco setlist needs will be handled by WilcoBase.com.

With co-operation from Jane, I've setup a database with the information contained on her Timeline pages. Check it out, and let me know what you think. I'm very open to suggestions to make the site better, so drop me a line if you have some good ideas. Also don't forget that pen and paper when attending Wilco shows -- jot down the setlist, and post it here when you can get back to a computer.

2 things about wilcobase. one why which leads me to my second point. is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks

because the guy running site, Rob, has a life outside of the internet, and he's probably too busy with real life things to get to it right away.

because the guy running site, Rob, has a life outside of the internet, and he's probably too busy with real life things to get to it right away.

Yeah, apparently someone missed this post.

(Actually, I missed it the first time around, too. Congrats, Rob! :cheekkiss )

Wow, quoting a post that's over 3 years old... That must be some kind of record! :lol

The thing about the date sorting has always bugged me as well. So, it should be fixed now.

And it's already been said, but I do my best to keep up with setlists as they come in. Earlier this year I got behind, and last week, I was w/o internet as well, so that was the reason for the delay there.

I really view the site as a historical archive of setlists, along with some cool ways of viewing, sorting, dissecting the setlists. If you really want up to the minute setlist reports, these forums are probably your best bet. :cheers

As always, if you have any suggestions, I'll see them & respond much sooner if you send them directly to me --> feedback@wilcobase.com

:beer

2 things about wilcobase. one why cant the home page default to the latest shows? people are not looking for setlists fron 1994 when they log in. they want to see the most recent ones first. which leads me to my second point. is there a reason why it takes sometimes up to a week to post the setlist from a show? Thanks
As you may have heard, Jane is stepping down from her role as Timeline Chick. Never fear, your Wilco setlist needs will be handled by WilcoBase.com.

With co-operation from Jane, I've setup a database with the information contained on her Timeline pages. Check it out, and let me know what you think. I'm very open to suggestions to make the site better, so drop me a line if you have some good ideas. Also don't forget that pen and paper when attending Wilco shows -- jot down the setlist, and post it here when you can get back to a computer.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Well, I've had a few days off, and I've been able to add some new functionality to wilcobase.

:party *** PIE CHARTS *** :party

To be more specific, the Event Pages and Songs Played Page have been updated to include a pie chart that shows the setlist breakdown by album.

Figured this would be interesting for some year-end setlist analysis, and also for those Residency shows.

I also made an update to the Songs Played page... If your date range has more than 100 shows, only the first 100 will be displayed in the table below, but all songs played will be accumulated for the stats & pie chart.

As always, let me know what you think, and if you have any feedback or other ideas on how to slice & dice the setlist data, you can reach me at feedback@wilcobase.com

• 2 months later...

It would be nice to some day to see Wilcobase, A Sea Black With Ink, The Wilco Show Archive, Wilco's Non-album Tracks List, etc. combined into one place. This somewhat happened with the Black Crowes show site - crowesbase. I think it is pretty cool.

Well, I've had a few days off, and I've been able to add some new functionality to wilcobase.

:party *** PIE CHARTS *** :party

To be more specific, the Event Pages and Songs Played Page have been updated to include a pie chart that shows the setlist breakdown by album.

Figured this would be interesting for some year-end setlist analysis, and also for those Residency shows.

I found the Residency pie charts this afternoon and LOVED 'em! Then I made the mistake of sending the link to a buddy who replied with a single word: "GEEK!" Ah well, can't please 'em all, but I kind of like that my first-ever VC post is syaing thanks to someone so THANKS, ROB!

It would be nice to some day to see Wilcobase, A Sea Black With Ink, The Wilco Show Archive, Wilco's Non-album Tracks List, etc. combined into one place. This somewhat happened with the Black Crowes show site - crowesbase. I think it is pretty cool.

thats a lot of bandwidth

I found the Residency pie charts this afternoon and LOVED 'em! Then I made the mistake of sending the link to a buddy who replied with a single word: "GEEK!" Ah well, can't please 'em all, but I kind of like that my first-ever VC post is syaing thanks to someone so THANKS, ROB!

You should fit in quite well around here. :yes Welcome to VC!

thats a lot of bandwidth

I don't think it's a bandwidth question so much as a linkage thing. If all those sites stay where they are, but have links to each other, that would work. It's just a lot of work for the people who maintain those sites to do all that. It would be great, though!

thats a lot of bandwidth

It was done at Crowesbase - it could be done here. It would just take time, money, and commitment.

Take a look: Crowesbase.com

# The Black Crowes section of Frayed.org is merging with the Crowesbase (www.crowesbase.com) to become the ultimate Black Crowes archive. All recent tour updates have been been put there. I know I've always reminded you not to forget that you'd be here forever, but things change. This is a big change and its one for the better. Take a second and just think about what that means. All songs have been updated, added and catelogued to reflect today's news.

# All songs will be linked together through sessions, albums, evolutions, AND shows.

# The song list and the crowesbase archive are being integrated together right now!

Yeah, I've seen crowesbase.com, in fact, that was of the sites that I looked at when starting Wilcobase.com. That site and deadbase.com were two of the main sites I looked at for ideas about what search/sort features to add to wilcobase.

I think wilcobase is linked in pretty good with the lyrics site. I don't see that much different with the way it's on crowesbase.

As far as linking to the Wilco Live Show archive, That would be totally doable. It could be something similar to the way I link shows on wilcobase to shows on etree. See the bottom of this page:

http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=1063

I haven't talked to the guys at owl & bear, but I'll drop them an e-mail and see if they mind if I link to the shows they host.

The links to etree is something that I need to update every now and then. I have it somewhat automated, but not totally.

Finally, I could add something to the search to help you find shows where a recording is available.

If this sounds good, let me know, or if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears. My time is kinda tight for the next couple of months, but I'll do what I can.

It was done at Crowesbase - it could be done here. It would just take time, money, and commitment.

Take a look: Crowesbase.com

Yeah, I've seen crowesbase.com, in fact, that was of the sites that I looked at when starting Wilcobase.com. That site and deadbase.com were two of the main sites I looked at for ideas about what search/sort features to add to wilcobase.

I think wilcobase is linked in pretty good with the lyrics site. I don't see that much different with the way it's on crowesbase.

As far as linking to the Wilco Live Show archive, That would be totally doable. It could be something similar to the way I link shows on wilcobase to shows on etree. See the bottom of this page:

http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=1063

I haven't talked to the guys at owl & bear, but I'll drop them an e-mail and see if they mind if I link to the shows they host.

The links to etree is something that I need to update every now and then. I have it somewhat automated, but not totally.

Finally, I could add something to the search to help you find shows where a recording is available.

If this sounds good, let me know, or if you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears. My time is kinda tight for the next couple of months, but I'll do what I can.

I know - it is a lot of work. I think the thing I liked about Frayed - is the information about the songs/sessions. And now, it is right there with whatever else someone may be looking for.

I suppose it would be tricky linking to the shows at the owl - as I know he does not want to be over ran with people grabbing the shows.

It is up to him of course - as of today, we have about 320 shows listed. I would be glad to help you with the etree stuff.

I know - it is a lot of work. I think the thing I liked about Frayed - is the information about the songs/sessions. And now, it is right there with whatever else someone may be looking for.

I suppose it would be tricky linking to the shows at the owl - as I know he does not want to be over ran with people grabbing the shows.

It is up to him of course - as of today, we have about 320 shows listed. I would be glad to help you with the etree stuff.

After contacting Owl&Bear, I got the go ahead to link to the live show recordings from Wilcobase.

I can handle the etree stuff, I'll get it setup so it's fully automated. However, I could use a hand getting the information needed to link Wilcobase to Owl&Bear. If you're up for it, here's what I need - A listing that has 2 fields, seperated by a comma. The first field would be the Wilcobase page for a show, and the second would be the Bear&Owl page for the same show. Here's an example for the April 24, 1995 Wilco show:

http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=214, http://owlandbear.com/downloads/19950424_w..._peoples_flacf/

If you could help pull together a listing like this, it would be very easy for me to import that into my database and add the links between the sites.

(Note: In this example the forum has truncated the link... I would need the full link for both sites.)

After contacting Owl&Bear, I got the go ahead to link to the live show recordings from Wilcobase.

I can handle the etree stuff, I'll get it setup so it's fully automated. However, I could use a hand getting the information needed to link Wilcobase to Owl&Bear. If you're up for it, here's what I need - A listing that has 2 fields, seperated by a comma. The first field would be the Wilcobase page for a show, and the second would be the Bear&Owl page for the same show. Here's an example for the April 24, 1995 Wilco show:

http://wilcobase.com/event.php?event_key=214, http://owlandbear.com/downloads/19950424_w..._peoples_flacf/

If you could help pull together a listing like this, it would be very easy for me to import that into my database and add the links between the sites.

(Note: In this example the forum has truncated the link... I would need the full link for both sites.)

Yikes!

I may be able to get to it this weekend.