• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Friends - I have finally updated the Tweedy Show mp3 archive (over 2,000 song files). All files have been meticulously logged and tagged so they can be easily filtered, searched, and sorted - in iT

I appreciate the accolades, but seriously, all the real credit goes to @u2roolz. The two or three times I filled in for him really showed me how truly dedicated he’s been to this project. It’s fairly

The Tweedy Show Monday December 26 Episode 217 —Sammy welcomes the clients to The Tweedy Show.  —Susie is upset that she sees her reflection in the tv.  —“Hi, everyone! We forgot how to

Posted Images

Sue mentioned one of my comments but didn’t get my joke oh well... lol everyone was suggesting covers and I wrote Uncle Tupelo cover lol. Sue went Uncle Tupelo cover anyhoo.... anyone successful with the request so far? I enjoyed I’m not willin that was really neat!

not sure you saw my comment to yours, but it was to effect that you're obv talking about a Jay song :)

Pretty sure that’s Sue’s favorite song.

it was suggested in the comments for Jeff to play Herman's Hermits.   Sue had a crush on Peter Noone when young and wanted to be called Suki in the event she ever met him, they would have something in common.  I think PN's sister's name was Suki.   

Sue mentioned my comment last night about “Jeff can wear whatever he wants!”. Haha. I’m loving that he’s wearing the same bathrobe almost every night. I also asked for the Michael Stipe impression a few nights in a row & I think Sue mentioned the Stipe impression after she read a comment asking for an R.E.M. cover. And I brought up that they speak Yiddish on HBO’s The Plot Against America which Susie mentioned because she was talking about how they speak Yiddish on the show Unorthodox. Jeff knew right away that it was a Philip Roth book.

I was thinking it’d be nice if we reminded Jeff on Monday the 6th that it’s the 10th anniversary of the first announcement of Solid Sound which was made on stage at the Boston Orpheum. Those lengthy “An Evening With” boots are coming in handy right about now. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years already.

Great idea on the Monday reminder about the initial Solid Sound announcement. Seems like yesterday that he announced that from the stage in Boston; I believe that night's show was simulcasted. At least I think I remember hearing Jeff announce it, even though I was not there in person.

Those "Evening With" shows were epic. Loved the mid-show acoustic set, when they brought out the lamps, etc.

As I think everyone knows, last night’s episode of The Tweedy Show was not able to be saved or shared for its normal 24 hour run on Instagram. I was not able to watch/record it live (I still have to get up early for work these days and being on the East coast, it’s on past my bedtime), so I’m not able to post it to YouTube. I know a lot of people are disappointed – myself included.

So, to avoid snafus like this in the future, I have a proposal. Let’s have 7 people on point to record these live – one person for each day of the week. They can be anyone with a good internet connection who can commit to a day a week for the foreseeable future. (If you have an iPhone, I can walk you through how to do it – it’s super easy.) I’ll continue to record and post the day after as I’ve been doing, but if something like last night happens, and I’m unable to, that person can send me the file, and I’ll upload that to the channel.

If you’d like to volunteer, please shoot me a message and let me know which days you could take. I’ll then post a list and circle back with those people to make sure we can connect directly if we need to, and arrange coverage if there’s a day someone is unexpectedly unable to record. (I know this sounds a little like overkill, but I know a lot of people are disappointed, and once this is set up, it should be easy to maintain.)

Thanks everyone!

Great idea on the Monday reminder about the initial Solid Sound announcement. Seems like yesterday that he announced that from the stage in Boston; I believe that night's show was simulcasted. At least I think I remember hearing Jeff announce it, even though I was not there in person.

Those "Evening With" shows were epic. Loved the mid-show acoustic set, when they brought out the lamps, etc.

Yes, you’re right. That show in Boston was webcast along with the next night in Concord, NH. I was at both shows, so I never had a memory of being home for the webcast. I was so excited that both shows would be available in excellent quality. Actually, I sat behind Grace Potter & her band at the Concord show. And I also sat next to tinnitus (Tim).

Yes, you’re right. That show in Boston was webcast along with the next night in Concord, NH. I was at both shows, so I never had a memory of being home for the webcast. I was so excited that both shows would be available in excellent quality. Actually, I sat behind Grace Potter & her band at the Concord show. And I also sat next to tinnitus (Tim).

I remember now. I did not go to Boston, but I was at the Concord and Hartford shows (Hartford may have been on a different leg of the same tour?). I remember seeing Grace Potter a few rows back and in the section to the left of me.

Great shows.

The Tweedy Show Friday April 3 Episode 15

# Cinnamon (Tommy Roe song on the Tweedy’s jukebox)

— Jeff talks about buying Adam Ants’ Beat My Guest 45

Lean On Me (Bill Withers cover w Sammy on backing vocals)

— Jeff describes Susie to “the clients”

— Jeff talks about Bill Withers, Adam Schlesinger & David Berman

— chat about James Gadson (Bill Withers’ drummer)

— Jeff talks about the piano playing in Lean On Me

— Jeff talks about Jay Farrar & Lean On Me

— Jeff talks about Fake Plastic Trees

Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead cover with Sammy on backing vocals)

Androgynous (The Replacements cover w Sammy singing)

— what’s Wilco’s worst song?

— Jeff’s psychiatrist story

Either Way (w Spencer on “percussion” & “Nels’ solo”)

— what’s your favorite guitar?

Give Back The Key To My Heart (Doug Sahm cover w Spencer on “percussion” /backing vocals & Sammy on backing vocals)

Save It For Me (w Spencer & Sammy)

The Tweedy Show Friday April 3 Episode 15

# Cinnamon (Tommy Roe song on the Tweedy’s jukebox)

— Jeff talks about buying Adam Ants’ Beat My Guest 45

Lean On Me (Bill Withers cover w Sammy on backing vocals)

— Jeff describes Susie to “the clients”

— Jeff talks about Bill Withers, Adam Schlesinger & David Berman

— chat about James Gadson (Bill Withers’ drummer)

— Jeff talks about the piano playing in Lean On Me

— Jeff talks about Jay Farrar & Lean On Me

— Jeff talks about Fake Plastic Trees

Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead cover with Sammy on backing vocals)

Androgynous (The Replacements cover w Sammy singing)

— what’s Wilco’s worst song?

— Jeff’s psychiatrist story

Either Way (w Spencer on “percussion” & “Nels’ solo”)

— what’s your favorite guitar?

Give Back The Key To My Heart (Doug Sahm cover w Spencer on “percussion” /backing vocals & Sammy on backing vocals)

Save It For Me (w Spencer & Sammy)

Boy, these recaps are great. This was far and away the best evening with the Tweedy’s ever. They were clicking on all cylinders, every one of them. Jeff was on fire.

Boy, these recaps are great. This was far and away the best evening with the Tweedy’s ever. They were clicking on all cylinders, every one of them. Jeff was on fire.

Even though the lyrics were way off on fake plastic trees the speed and style he played in it really was neat. Made it a whole new song. Really enjoyed it!

i recall thinking that her band members were all rather tall.

i also had a camera die on me before that show started which was a drag... but that's why i bring two. 

The band doesn’t like sonny feeling he also said he one day might do a Berman song

i will start bawling if he does any of the Purple Mountains material.

i recall thinking that her band members were all rather tall.

i also had a camera die on me before that show started which was a drag... but that's why i bring two. 

i will start bawling if he does any of the Purple Mountains material.

That is so funny that you remember her band members being tall - I have the same memory. And skinny, too. They looked like they stepped right off the set of Almost Famous.

The Tweedy Show Saturday April 4 Episode 16

# Respect Yourself (The Staples Singers song on the Tweedy’s jukebox)

— talk about making Tweedy Show t-shirts for charity

— Jeff talks about fecal aerosol

— “knuckle pores”

— Jeff talks about his interpretation of the line “she begs me not to hit her”

Pick Up The Change (Jeff sings last part of song to Basil)

Let’s Go Rain (Spencer & Sammy on backing vocals)

— Jeff talks about Scott McCaughey

— Jeff plays an alternate Let’s Go Rain chorus

— Jeff tells Susie’s dad’s joke, but Susie’s dad on an old video finishes the joke

Frank Mills (from the musical Hair/closer to Lemonheads cover sung by Sammy before his pizza is ready)

— “cave dicks”

— Jeff does a Werner Herzog impression

The Family Gardener (The Minus 5 cover)

— Jeff makes up brief song about Basil the dog

— malted milk balls story

— what’s your favorite Dinosaur Jr. song? Tarpit

The Late Greats

Who Were You Thinking Of (Texas Tornados cover/spoken word version lol)

Who Were You Thinking Of (proper version)

— sweet kugel Vs savory kugel

I Love You (Billie Eilish cover/you could hear Susie crying)

Susie read my comment “fecal aerosol was my favorite exhibit at Mass MoCa”. She chuckled a bit and Jeff gave a lil smirk. I came up with the comment as an inside joke referring to the farting going on at Joe’s Field, but Jeff’s the one that brought up aerosolized feces from an article that he read about possibly transmitting the virus that way. Susie corrected him and said to call it fecal aerosol.

Another amazing experience. How great is it to have something so fun to look forward to at the end of these surreal days?

It’s really enjoyable and good song variety! Hope he honors R.E.M. on their 40th anniversary today he would do justice to many of their songs.