• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#41 tinnitus photography

tinnitus photography

On & On & On

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,654 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 07:13 AM

"Plateau" was excellent. well, all the songs were.

#42 Boss_Tweedy

Boss_Tweedy

Dawned On Me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:56 PM

These Tweedy Show episodes have been like oxygen in these strange, stifling days.

It's such a gift, especially during this time as you said. It's nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the day. 

#43 lost highway

lost highway

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 08:57 PM

Spencer's falsetto sounds EXACTLY like his dad's.

#44 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:47 PM

Tuesday March 31 Episode 12
# People Got To Be Free (The Rascals song on the Tweedy’s jukebox)
Waterloo Sunset (The Kinks cover)
Ten Sentences
—Jeff makes up 30 second song about Meshuggeneh
One By One
— Courtney Barnett joins in
That’s How I Got To Memphis (Tom T. Hall cover sung by Sammy while Jeff plays guitar)
The Losing End (Neil Young & Crazy Horse cover)
Dead Flowers (Rolling Stones cover)

#45 uncool2pillow

uncool2pillow

The Whole Love

• 4,794 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:18 PM

Watching Ozark. The son looks very much like Spencer, IMO.

#46 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:42 PM

Wednesday April 1 Episode 13

# Dizzy (Tommy Roe song played on the Tweedy’s jukebox)
— Jeff plays the riff to Don’t Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult) while Spencer helps out on “cowbell”
One Sunday Morning
Save It For Me - “bathtub” song from 1st episode (w Sammy & Spencer on backing vocals)
— brief Sting impression
— Jeff sings some of You Only Get What You Give (New Radicals)
Impossible Germany (riff only)
How To Fight Loneliness
— what’s the first song that Jeff wrote
— the bullet hole was shown
— Jeff very briefly attempts a Billie Eilish song
New Moon
— Jeff attempts Pink Moon (Nick Drake)
— Jeff strums Devil’s Haircut (Beck)
— Jeff plays a bit of a John Prine song again
— Jeff plays a bit of Thanks A Lot (Ernest Tubb) while Susie goes in for extreme closeups
Wild World (Cat Stevens) Tweedy family singalong

Save It For Me & Guess Again are so good! It’s been amazing seeing these songs evolve in real time.

#47 Madcap

Madcap

Grasshopper Greensnake

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:31 AM

Damnit I missed the bullet hole! Save it for Me is fantastic.

#48 Kate02181

Kate02181

A Cherry Ghost

• 29 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:28 AM

Hi all. I’ve gotten a number of requests for specific episodes. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been able to post all episodes (except the first one) so far. You can just go directly to the playlist I set up:

https://www.youtube....RgsKkFM1QtlsTUf

#49 Chez

Chez

Hummingbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:53 AM

Hi all. I’ve gotten a number of requests for specific episodes. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been able to post all episodes (except the first one) so far. You can just go directly to the playlist I set up:

https://www.youtube....RgsKkFM1QtlsTUf

Thanks for putting these up on YouTube.

#50 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 09:41 PM

Thursday April 2 Episode 14

# Hanky Panky (Tommy James & The Shondelles song on the Tweedy’s jukebox)
Dawned On Me (w Spencer on knee slaps)
I Love You (Billie Eilish cover)
— Jeff strums some Billy Idol
— Jeff strums some (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais (The Clash)
— Jeff sings a bit of Low Rider (War) while Basil is in front of his face
— what is Jeff’s favorite Dylan record? {edit: John Wesley Harding}
— Jeff tells story about guy rushing the stage
— M & Ms story {edit: story about Jeff & Susie in a convenience store}
— Patti Smith story
— “furgina”
— Michael Stipe impression
— favorite tv show theme {edit: Green Acres & Beverly Hillbillies are mentioned. I forget which one was his favorite. He even sang a bit of both themes, I think}
— Jeff talks about soundcheck
I’m Not Willing (Moby Grape cover sung by Sammy)
Henry & The H Bombs (Mott The Hoople cover)
— PBS 70s show Zoom “ubbi dubbi” language
— Jeff strums some of All The Young Dudes (Mott The Hoople - Spencer & Sammy help out on chorus. Song is aborted quickly.)
— Sammy attempts to do All The Lazy Do (Dr. Dog)
Someday Soon

That Billie Eilish cover was amazing! You’d never know that it was one of her songs. Very chatty episode.

Edit: I just read that last night’s episode wasn’t saved, so I’m going to update some of my notes before I forget.

#51 remphish1

remphish1

On & On & On

• 6,120 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:07 AM

Sue mentioned one of my comments but didn’t get my joke oh well... lol everyone was suggesting covers and I wrote Uncle Tupelo cover lol. Sue went Uncle Tupelo cover 🤨 anyhoo.... anyone successful with the request so far? I enjoyed I’m not willin that was really neat!

#52 kidsmoke

kidsmoke

Laminated Cat

• Admin
  • 8,674 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:53 AM

Sue mentioned one of my comments but didn’t get my joke oh well... lol everyone was suggesting covers and I wrote Uncle Tupelo cover lol. Sue went Uncle Tupelo cover 🤨 anyhoo.... anyone successful with the request so far? I enjoyed I’m not willin that was really neat!

No matter, Craig, it goes by so fast and so fun! I for one am incredibly grateful for your recaps. Thank you for keeping track of the action!😘

#53 tinnitus photography

tinnitus photography

On & On & On

• 6,654 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:49 AM

Sue mentioned one of my comments but didn’t get my joke oh well... lol everyone was suggesting covers and I wrote Uncle Tupelo cover lol. Sue went Uncle Tupelo cover anyhoo.... anyone successful with the request so far? I enjoyed I’m not willin that was really neat!

not sure you saw my comment to yours, but it was to effect that you're obv talking about a Jay song :)

#54 remphish1

remphish1

On & On & On

• 6,120 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:58 AM

not sure you saw my comment to yours, but it was to effect that you're obv talking about a Jay song :)

Ha ha I did miss that! 😂 he’d probably do a great Still Be Around or Slate cover. Recaps are great I agree thanks all!

#55 JSmiley'sBF

JSmiley'sBF

A Cherry Ghost

• 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:31 AM

Pretty sure that’s Sue’s favorite song.

it was suggested in the comments for Jeff to play Herman's Hermits.   Sue had a crush on Peter Noone when young and wanted to be called Suki in the event she ever met him, they would have something in common.  I think PN's sister's name was Suki.   

#56 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:32 AM

Sue mentioned my comment last night about “Jeff can wear whatever he wants!”. Haha. I’m loving that he’s wearing the same bathrobe almost every night. I also asked for the Michael Stipe impression a few nights in a row & I think Sue mentioned the Stipe impression after she read a comment asking for an R.E.M. cover. And I brought up that they speak Yiddish on HBO’s The Plot Against America which Susie mentioned because she was talking about how they speak Yiddish on the show Unorthodox. Jeff knew right away that it was a Philip Roth book.

I was thinking it’d be nice if we reminded Jeff on Monday the 6th that it’s the 10th anniversary of the first announcement of Solid Sound which was made on stage at the Boston Orpheum. Those lengthy “An Evening With” boots are coming in handy right about now. Can’t believe it’s been 10 years already.

#57 The Inside of Outside

The Inside of Outside

I'm Always in Love

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:45 PM

Great idea on the Monday reminder about the initial Solid Sound announcement. Seems like yesterday that he announced that from the stage in Boston; I believe that night's show was simulcasted. At least I think I remember hearing Jeff announce it, even though I was not there in person.

Those "Evening With" shows were epic. Loved the mid-show acoustic set, when they brought out the lamps, etc.

#58 Beltmann

Beltmann

On & On & On

• Admin
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:15 PM

and I wrote Uncle Tupelo cover lol. 

I thought your joke was very funny! Laughed out loud.

#59 Kate02181

Kate02181

A Cherry Ghost

• 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:18 PM

As I think everyone knows, last night’s episode of The Tweedy Show was not able to be saved or shared for its normal 24 hour run on Instagram. I was not able to watch/record it live (I still have to get up early for work these days and being on the East coast, it’s on past my bedtime), so I’m not able to post it to YouTube. I know a lot of people are disappointed – myself included.

So, to avoid snafus like this in the future, I have a proposal. Let’s have 7 people on point to record these live – one person for each day of the week. They can be anyone with a good internet connection who can commit to a day a week for the foreseeable future. (If you have an iPhone, I can walk you through how to do it – it’s super easy.) I’ll continue to record and post the day after as I’ve been doing, but if something like last night happens, and I’m unable to, that person can send me the file, and I’ll upload that to the channel.

If you’d like to volunteer, please shoot me a message and let me know which days you could take. I’ll then post a list and circle back with those people to make sure we can connect directly if we need to, and arrange coverage if there’s a day someone is unexpectedly unable to record. (I know this sounds a little like overkill, but I know a lot of people are disappointed, and once this is set up, it should be easy to maintain.)

Thanks everyone!

#60 u2roolz

u2roolz

More Like the Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

Great idea on the Monday reminder about the initial Solid Sound announcement. Seems like yesterday that he announced that from the stage in Boston; I believe that night's show was simulcasted. At least I think I remember hearing Jeff announce it, even though I was not there in person.

Those "Evening With" shows were epic. Loved the mid-show acoustic set, when they brought out the lamps, etc.

Yes, you’re right. That show in Boston was webcast along with the next night in Concord, NH. I was at both shows, so I never had a memory of being home for the webcast. I was so excited that both shows would be available in excellent quality. Actually, I sat behind Grace Potter & her band at the Concord show. And I also sat next to tinnitus (Tim).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users