Jeff Tweedy at the Hotel S 'n' S -- 4/8/06

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't care. It's obviously a shallow attempt at appearing more hip and indie. The rumpled clothes...the messy hair...the rats nest of a beard...funny hat...GIVE IT UP. We get it. You're going for 'that look' that will make all the kids nuts at the next Wilco show. It looks like he's obviously still drinking as well. I mean, c'mon...

127127065_3afb533586.jpg

Guest Laminated Kat
We get it. You're going for 'that look'

I would argue that he isn't striving for any 'look'. He's got some sort of je ne sais quoi working as far as I am concerned. Unkempt or not, whatever it is, it's always good. :blush

Well, I don't care. It's obviously a shallow attempt at appearing more hip and indie. The rumpled clothes...the messy hair...the rats nest of a beard...funny hat...GIVE IT UP. We get it. You're going for 'that look' that will make all the kids nuts at the next Wilco show. It looks like he's obviously still drinking as well. I mean, c'mon...

127127065_3afb533586.jpg

Yeah, I think that pretty much describes me perfectly.

Well just threw up a handful of my not so great photos on a web page ;) Go to:

http://www.sidewalkserfergirl.com/Odds/jeff/basement.html

And I too want to thank one and all for the wonderful evening and especially Sooz, Sam, Paul, Chandler, Mart, Dave and last but not least Jeff and Sue. Like I told Sooz as I was leaving I have nothing to look forward to now! :) It was truly a great time for an even greater cause. Rock on....

PS: Thanks Wendy for being the oldest! I know I'm a bit older than Sue but maybe I just look 16 because of the braces.... :thumbup

I felt he wore his look quite well. He was superbly friendly as we discussed the two pre-war Martins he brought along to play... still the same guy under the beard!

Patti commented on how fit he looked, and how cut his arms and shoulders looked in particular (she actually had a bit of swoon in her voice... I was surprised, amused, and made a bit jealous all at once!)

Fear not; I'm sure he'll look all sexy again real soon. And I could use new glasses soon too... perhaps I'll glom his old ones from him.

Great photos Sandy! Thanks for posting.

I am really sad that the night went so quickly (it didn't help that I arrived so late in the day), and that I had to leave town the next morning. Feeling like I didnt get to catch up with anyone, really. Sniff sniff. So much fun, but way way too short. I don't think I even had a proper conversation with many of my favorite people.

I also must mention that it was really great to see Jeff so healthy and happy. I still can't believe it's been over a year since he's had a cigarette. Cheers, pal. DIET COKES FOR EVERYONE!!!

Guest Laminated Kat
So, for the record, I do like Jeff's beard, sweater and glasses...that's Jeff Tweedy...not Jeff Wfdsflkdjfkldsfjsfkslfsdski.

OK, I feel safe to say (now) that I agree with you!