Jeff Tweedy at the Hotel S 'n' S -- 4/8/06

You should've had a talk with Susan, Wendy, because apparently she talked with Kande about whether or not SHE was the oldest person there. Kande tried to insist that I'm older, but apparently Susan has seniority on me by a few months.

I would have loved to have had a talk with Susan, but she always was talking to someone. However, I was told later on, after she and Jeff left, that she was thinking she was the oldest at the show, but nope - I win. :w00t

I turned 50 this past October 18th (on the same day that I saw Paul McCartney in Chicago :wub )

PS: Great pix of the desert table - Brianne, your baklava was out of this world!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That mobile took me longer to make than the baklava! Heidi, thanks for the pictures. I forgot to take any photos that featured the baklava on display, and my mom (who taught me how to make it over many Christmases) would not have been pleased.

I just want to know who's wearing the cool red shoes.

:wave They're bright pink! :D

Thanks to Jeff and Susan for making this possible, Sam n' Sooz for being such wonderful hosts, and the rest of you crazy, beautiful freaks for just being the wonderful people that you are. :cheekkiss

I'm not sure I can state it any better than this. It was a magical night, and an exceptional weekend overall :wub

I'm not sure I can state it any better than this. It was a magical night, and an exceptional weekend overall

Yeah, I haven't posted here yet because my words aren't working very well. I've been trying, all day today and even during my car ride home yesterday, to toss some sentences together in my head that could express even an ounce of my gratitude towards everybody and everything involved in my weekend, but no dice. So I'm just going to go eat some brownies and cry myself to sleep. Maybe I'll find Aricandover in my dreams and we can galavant hand in hand across a field of rainbows.

His parents called to make a request (or Susan called them, I'm not sure which). They Cleo, their dog, also made a request, though I'm not absolutely certain he played it. There seems to be a bit of sibling rivalry there. :)

2005, doh!

Eat some brownies and look again -- I'm sure you'll see it's a six!

Oooo, thanks for the info, Patti is very handy.

Any way she can confirm whether or not the dog actually took a turn on the phone?

I didn't eat any brownies (or wite-out either, for that matter), so I was just passing on bogus advice, as one does. I can confirm, though, that if you're really nearsighted, taking your glasses off helps quite a bit.

On my flight home today, I concluded that Saturday was probably the most perfect day ever:

slept 'til noon

duck fat fries & a dog (w/ radioactive relish :ermm) at Hot Doug's

nap

skipped dinner and went straight for the dessert buffet

hung out with some of my favourite people on the planet

Dave (who indulged my Dylan fixation with a cover of Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues)

Mart (who inspired me to dust off my old Stevie Wonder albums)

Jeff!

more music and laughter until sunrise (as walrus said, "Sing it like you're singing to Jesus!")

I'm a big believer in "setlist Zen" and being open to experience whatever the moment brings so I'm always a bit hesitant to make requests, but Jeff delivered some rarities, sentimental favourites, and other gems that were beyond my wildest dreams. When he played Walk On, I honestly couldn't have been any happier if Neil Young himself had walked out from behind the curtain. Although Jeff brought the lyrics to Motion Pictures with him, the night just didn't have that woozy, "honey slides" vibe (unless you ate the brownies), so I think the former was a better fit. I came pretty close to losing it during Fatal Wound (w/ Dave accompanying Jeff on guitar), but managed to recover and maintain what's left of my dignity. I also took great pleasure in Jeff's impression of Cleo (I have a pug snoring at my feet right now, so I can relate).

I regret that I never really got a chance to thank Jeff properly for bringing so many wonderful things (music and people) into my life and for just being the great guy that he is. Saturday night felt like coming home again. :cheekkiss

I can't seem to find the words to fully describe how perfect the weekend was. My house is so quiet without all of you....but somehow so much fuller and warmer now. Thank you, EVERYONE, for making this such a special weekend.

The Hotel is always open and anyone is welcome...anytime. I think the animals made it unscathed. The carpet? Not quite as lucky. ;)

I think Cali sums it up best....

Image-3BA6D7D1C91611DA.jpg

She's not ready to let it all go quite yet.

:wub

This sounds like it was amazing.

Here goes futility:

Was this show recorded? I saw that Jeff was plugged in, and I got hopeful. Then I figured that the recordings will most likely only be distributed to the people that were in attendance.

I just felt like I should ask . . . just in case.

This sounds like it was amazing.

Here goes futility:

Was this show recorded? I saw that Jeff was plugged in, and I got hopeful. Then I figured that the recordings will most likely only be distributed to the people that were in attendance.

I just felt like I should ask . . . just in case.

:) :) Someone wish to share this wonderous moment with me??

--Robert.

Sorry guys, the deal for these living room shows is that yes, they can be recorded, but they can only be distributed to those who were in attendance...keeps everything fair and square that way. A lot of money was donated for these shows, and it makes sense that we let this night belong to those who experienced it and made it happen (not to mention Jeff's desire to keep it that way). Also...makes you wanna cough up the dough next year, right? I'm already saving my pennies!