Lets Fight.mp3

In my continuing effort to be half as helpful as froggie, I have put up some relevant things on yousendit.

First off, the new song, "Let's Fight" in fabulous FLAC:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...5A85F6C375CBFD9

this is from the 7/16/06 Florence show, send all thanks to downfromglen the taper/uploader. The show is up on the VC torrent site.

next off, the same song in mediocre MP3:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...45A814D7254F018

And finally, for you late comers, lollygaggers, and plain old leechers, here are all the new songs zipped up, including, but not limited to: Either Way, Impossible Germany, Is that the thanks I get, On & On & On, The Good Part (its old, i know, but so are you and we dont complain), Walken, What Light?, and of course, Lets Fight. (all mp3):

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...6A500A00F6107A4

Hope you guys enjoy, and let the namecalling begin!! :rock

P.S. I think the songs pretty good; I like the string synth stuff. Its no "What Light?" but i'll give it a few more listens

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And finally, for you late comers, lollygaggers, and plain old leechers, here are all the new songs zipped up, including, but not limited to: Either Way, Impossible Germany, Is that the thanks I get, On & On & On, The Good Part (its old, i know, but so are you and we dont complain), Walken, What Light?, and of course, Lets Fight. (all mp3):

Great idea - I've been meaning to make a little compliation like that.

Thanks for the new song :cheers :beer

Wow!! Who is/was that?!?! My initial reaction to "Let's Fight" is similar to the first time I heard "Hell is Chrome." I like it, but... it doesn't sound like Wilco. That said, it does sound like Wilco (i.e., never the same sound twice). Great tune!!

wow, thanks for posting this. Its crazy to hear something so different then the other new ones. Does this seem potentially radio friendly to others? Not necessarily in a bad way, just real straight up, obivous riff-hook. I think I dig, but I need some more digestion.

wow, thanks for posting this. Its crazy to hear something so different then the other new ones. Does this seem potentially radio friendly to others? Not necessarily in a bad way, just real straight up, obivous riff-hook. I think I dig, but I need some more digestion.

This is a lot better than I expected after the initial impressions someone gave but I can't see how it'd be radio friendly without a lot of work. I wish that Nels was playing the whole song and not just at the end because there's not much wrong with a keyboard that adding more guitar won't help. They also don't seem totally sure about how they want to end it, but it's obviously a bit of a work in progress. It'd probably help if it wasn't a 5 minute song. I hate to say it because that song makes me want to drive icepicks into my ears, but the composition is fairly similar to On & On & On and the lyrics to both seem like they were written for A Very Special Episode of The O.C.

Geez, I really don't know what to think about this one. I keep vacillating between wanting to slam it for being a deballed Coldplay-sounding thing, but then those Jesus Etc., Escovedo-worthy strings come in, and the whole thing seems inoffensive enough to rank with the weaker new songs that have been played in recent months. The solo doesn't seem to be up to much, pretty standard Nels stuff, but there's something interesting there. With work, this could be a decent song.

Wow, I'm trying to resist the temptation to listen to any more unreleased material, and you guys are killing me with this stuff. :lol

I've heard Is That the Thanks I Get (saw it on TV), On & On & On (mp3), The Good Part & Walken (saw both live in person), but I haven't succumbed yet to checking out Either Way, Impossible Germany, What Light?, or Lets Fight.

I'm hoping I can make it to album time, but I'm not making any promises...

Dude, if they're road-testing the material, they want you to hear it... :D

Still, I admire your fortitude. There's something so willfully perverse about the wait-for-the-album/wait-for-the-official-release mentality. I don't get it at ALL, but I respect it.

The strings in the intro creep me out.

The synth strings sound pretty bad, though I like the song as a whole. I hope that part gets rearranged before it's recorded.

The synth strings sound pretty bad, though I like the song as a whole. I hope that part gets rearranged before it's recorded.

Allright, I gave it a day or two, and a couple extra listens and so far I think its my least favorite newbie. BUT: thats only in respect to this early version, the song could very well change and best What Light, and Impossible Germany my current favorites of the new batch. That and I am imagining them going home to the loft to hash out some twenty odd songs weve never heard, many of which could be better then any of the new stuff.

Thanks for the tunes! I'm beginning to have high hopes for this new record.

Could you please post the date and location of the songs you put in that .zip file? Not all of the tunes have that info in the ID3 tags.

i've listened to this song several times now, and I am really getting into it. I can't wait to hear how/if they play with it in the studio! My favorite new song is still Walken, though. :dancing

I'm with blindgonzo on this one--Walken still rules of new material but that said, I'm really loving all the new stuff and am ga-ga with anticipation waiting for the new one.

Did I just write "ga-ga"?

:w00t

Thanks for the tunes! I'm beginning to have high hopes for this new record.

Could you please post the date and location of the songs you put in that .zip file? Not all of the tunes have that info in the ID3 tags.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure where and when most of these are from, except for the most recent ones (which i converted to mp3 myself) they are just songs that people posted at random times on VC which i happened to snag and put in one place.

But I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me can figure out which shows these are from?

Sorry :( :cold :cryin

Dude, if they're road-testing the material, they want you to hear it... :D

Still, I admire your fortitude. There's something so willfully perverse about the wait-for-the-album/wait-for-the-official-release mentality. I don't get it at ALL, but I respect it.

Okay, it took me a week to see this response. So many threads, so little time.

I think one of the main reasons I don't like the official releases of YHF and AGIB is that I "ruined" them for myself by listening to a bunch of live versions of the material before it was released. The only exception was "Wishful Thinking," which I really liked in its studio incarnation. Other than that, I couldn't stand these records, and hardly ever listen to the studio versions, preferring live recordings by about 1000%...

I'm curious to see if I love the new album if I have few preconceived notions about it...other than, of course, the inevitable "Jim O'Rourke ruins records." :lol