Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty crazy stuff. Apparently the guy is OK, said he had a "fist size" hole in his chest.

That Marlin is batting 1.000, he's one fer one

Certainly much more intimidating than Billy The Marlin:

billythemarlin.jpg

there was a story on Discovery about a woman who was stabbed by a Marlin while fishing and she was actually saved by her breast implant.

See? Not just pretty, but practical too.

Boobies with implants in them feel all wrong.

Craig Monroe has hit nine homers this season in the seventh inning or later with the difference in the game two runs or fewer. That ties him with Boston's David Ortiz for the most such homers by any player in the majors, according to research by homer historian and analyst David Vincent.

Until Friday, when Ortiz hit his ninth-such homer, Monroe had been tied in that department with Albert Pujols of St. Louis and Ortiz.

Here's a list:

David Ortiz 9

Craig Monroe 9

Albert Pujols 8

Vernon Wells 7

Jeff Francoeur 6

Carlos Lee 6

Richie Sexson 6

So that list is more important than cats who dig baseball?

No, but I think I killed the thread with the cat picture, so I decided to go with the admittedly much safer list of Close and Late home runs.

I heart David Wright.

Javier Vazquez has modified his delivery a tad bit. White Sox fans are holding their breath to see if he can avoid his patented 6th inning meltdown.

Mission accomplished!

Well, the Marlins have effectively played themselves out of the Wild Card with what is going to be a 3 game series with at least 8 errors, and possibly more.

Girardi needs to go into that clubhouse and tear them a new one. They are playing like a little league team. It's disgraceful. I've been to two games in the past week and I've left in the 6th in both because the team was just making me so mad I couldn't stay.

2 games up, Red Sox pitching blows, Wilco webcast tonight, followed by Entourage......

life is good :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

Just to clarify, I'm not referring to Papelbon (he had to blow one eventually).

Edited by parisisstale
Well, the Marlins have effectively played themselves out of the Wild Card with what is going to be a 3 game series with at least 8 errors, and possibly more.

Girardi needs to go into that clubhouse and tear them a new one. They are playing like a little league team. It's disgraceful. I've been to two games in the past week and I've left in the 6th in both because the team was just making me so mad I couldn't stay.

They just need to play the Mets more often! Seriously, they'll be a good team soon. Patience.

They just need to play the Mets more often! Seriously, they'll be a good team soon. Patience.

Hey, trust me. I know they'll be a good team soon, probably next season, but this year, they are so schizophrenic, it's unbelievable. They'll hit a walk off home run against Billy Wagner to cap off one of the best games of the season one night, and then the very next night, commit 4 errors in 2 innings. It's frustrating.

2 games up, Red Sox pitching blows, Wilco webcast tonight, followed by Entourage......

life is good :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing :dancing

Just to clarify, I'm not referring to Papelbon (he had to blow one eventually).

young.brawl.gif

Buying your world series tix yet?

Yeah, that was a real high point in Red Sox history, tossing an 80 year old man by his head.

Things can change real quick in baseball (especially w/ us playing the ChiSox and you the Royals), but you can't tell me you're not worried.

Edited by parisisstale