Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's pitch tipping?

A pitcher, unknowingly, tips the hitter off to what pitch he's about to throw during his set-up/wind-up/delivery. This is usually caught by an astute opposing manager/bench coach/player and often involves slight dips in glove position or hand placement while setting up. The pitcher obviously has no idea he's doing it and a good pitching coach should catch it early to warn his pitcher and correct the problem. It happens fairly frequently to pitchers throughout the season.

What's pitch tipping?

Pitchers' body language can tip off batters. Some pitchers's movements allow hitters to determine what type of offering is being thrown.

edit- wow, everyone wanted a piece of that answer...of course, i was last

Edited by parisisstale
Clevlen's dinger just landed in my living room. :lol

That shot was a blast. Who thought some1 so skinny could rifle a ball like that? Did you see that throw to homeplate he had too?.... Too bad they lost :hmm

Cardinals are divebombing.....since I am not able to actually see any games, I just watch the scores. :hmm I am pretty happy I can't see this mess.....though that mess of a Sox game last night wasn't much to watch either.

I fell asleep in the chair and hopped in bed at the top of the 9th......so, I missed the one good thing the Sox did all night. damn.

Red Sox acquire outfielder Hinske from Blue Jays

TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays traded outfielder Eric Hinske and cash to the Boston Red Sox on Thursday for a player to be named.

Hinske, who can also play first and third, is hitting .264 with 12 home runs and 29 RBI.

The emergence of right fielder Alex Rios and the offseason acquisitions of third baseman Troy Glaus and first baseman Lyle Overbay affected Hinske's playing time.

The 29-year-old Hinske won the 2002 AL rookie of the year award with Toronto. He was pulled from the lineup shortly before the start of Wednesday's 8-3 loss against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Florida.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Red Sox acquire outfielder Hinske from Blue Jays

TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays traded outfielder Eric Hinske and cash to the Boston Red Sox on Thursday for a player to be named.

Hinske, who can also play first and third, is hitting .264 with 12 home runs and 29 RBI.

The emergence of right fielder Alex Rios and the offseason acquisitions of third baseman Troy Glaus and first baseman Lyle Overbay affected Hinske's playing time.

The 29-year-old Hinske won the 2002 AL rookie of the year award with Toronto. He was pulled from the lineup shortly before the start of Wednesday's 8-3 loss against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in Florida.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

That should help their starting pitching problem.

I love Thursday day games.

this all reminds me......when I worked at a Dick Blick Art Supply

on Wabash?

Cards just tied the Reds, 1-1 in the bottom of the 7th on a Scott Rolen HR.

Is John Rooney the best baseball announcer in the game today?

Edited by redshift
Cards just tied the Reds, 1-1 in the bottom of the 7th on a Scott Rolen HR.

Is John Rooney the best baseball announcer in the game today?

Yes, it's too bad he got driven out of Chicago. It's almost impossible to listen to the White Sox on the radio this year. Just not the same.