Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that does sounds good!!! :)

And since Graham doesn't want to go into the city for my fiddle recital performance thingie, I just might not go and stay home and watch the baseball.......some hot dogs would work nicely.

well Jess picked on Jeff for being a fatty.....and you picked on me for being a fatty......just sayin

i'll pick on you for being both a sox and a cardinals fan...but unless you've died your hair blonde and that's you in that shot, I was hardly picking on you about your weight, kiddo.

that said...*cough*sweep*cough*

well......so the Cubs swept the Cards, twice. Yeah that sucks.....but my pain is eased by the fact the Sox won the World Series.......oh yeah and that the Cards were in the NLCS last year and might make the playoffs again (though I am not holding my breath)

I am also not holding my breath to see the Sox in the playoffs. *shrug*

Don't lose heart - Dusty thinks that you are going to get the Wild Card. :lol

Dusty thinks that you are going to get the Wild Card. :lol

Another reason he should be fired.

C'mon Kate, had the Cards been the ones sweeping you woulda' been on here gloating like nobody's business. In an abysmal year overall, it's all i could ever ask for as a Cubs fan.

I honestly have more of a personal investment in the Sox at this point, just because we watch them every day.

After that whole terrible Cubs/Cards experience at Wrigley, I have really been turned off the rivalry. And now that I don't have to live relatively near Wrigley and pass it everyday to and from work, I think about the Cubs less and less which is delightful.

And hey, if the sweeps make your year - awesome. I was pretty down about it, but got over it relatively quickly.

I actually think I was more upset seeing the Cardinals get trounced by the Sox. I was really hoping for a fun, roller coaster series. That was just freaking crazy.

Florida owner Jeffrey Loria fired manager Joe Girardi on Sunday afternoon, but before the announcement could be made, Loria reconsidered and Girardi was retained.

-- Rocky Mountain News

:blink

Yep. They got into it during the game and then after it. Girardi told Loria to stop yelling at the umps and aggravating them more.