Jon Papelbon is the best baseball thread ever

Things can change real quick in baseball (especially w/ us playing the ChiSox and you the Royals), but you can't tell me you're not worried.

I'm concerned. Red Sox pitching has been inconsistant, they've lost a bunch of recent series they should have won and will face these teams again this month: SEA, LAA, TB, and TOR. Not to mention the NYY who are gelling right now and a CLE team the Sox split a series with last meeting and a hot DET team. Fat Bastard (Wells) looks lost, Wakefield is missed, and Papelbon is fallible. Plenty to be concerned about.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that was a real high point in Red Sox history, tossing an 80 year old man by his head.

Things can change real quick in baseball (especially w/ us playing the ChiSox and you the Royals), but you can't tell me you're not worried.

Nah the high point was beating Yankees 4 straight in October 04...but you figured I'd say that.

Sure there is plenty to worry about. Bullpen, injuries, etc, etc. Not to to worried as of yet. The Sox generally have an August melt-down, but all the injuries and a very inconsistent bullpen (and starting pitching) are taking their toll. It cracks me up that there is some writer on MSNBC.com stating it will be a NY vs NY world series. Jeeeezus theres still about 50 games or so.

Just wanted to take a cheap shot at your earlier post that's all (all in fun)

Just wanted to take a cheap shot at your earlier post that's all (all in fun)

Of course. :cheers

I think I get depressed when this thread starts to die, so I just post anything to give it some action. I need serious help. :P

Yeah, holy shit, weren't the White Sox a juggernaut not so long ago?

OAS108080900_lower.jpg

OAS109080823_lower.jpg

Back-to-back home runs kick ass, as does winning seven of eight against the division. Edit: And add to that list game-ending interference calls when the opposing team has the winning run at the plate.

I had sort of given up on the White Sox last night, but then I saw Jorge's "closer killers" post so I turned the game back on as I was attempting to drift off to sleep. Nice to see them pull that one out. Dye looked like he was going to be another strikeout victim, and then *smack*.

I still have a shred of hope that they can catch the Tigers (who just don't seem to be having that collapse I think most people have been expecting), but I'm going to have to cheer hard for them to put some distance between themselves and the Twins, as well as whoever ends up second in the east.

I gave up on the sox last night too, but more violently with several "goddammit"s and "fuck"s under my breath (with Jake in the back seat no less). Then when I got home I "watched" occasionally on Gameday, and happened to turn on the game as paulie was rounding the bases.

It was good to see them close it out too. Hopefully the start of something good.

we watched start to finish......it was a roller coaster. And I was embarassed by the "duder" Sox fans behind home plate to the right who kept making "hang loose" type signs and waving at the camera on their cell phones....ack.

we watched start to finish......it was a roller coaster. And I was embarassed by the "duder" Sox fans behind home plate to the right who kept making "hang loose" type signs and waving at the camera on their cell phones....ack.

obnoxious fan? at the cell? no way?! that's only at wrigley! :monkey

well he and his friends looked like someone who I would expect to see at Wrigley......though one of them had on a Yankees hat.

though he wasn't as ridiculous as this guy.....the ultimate duder.....

CIMG0753.jpg

Hey, nice tat.

yeahgobirdsgobirds.jpg

I guess I fit in with that stereotype....fat Sox fan :hmm

thanks for pointing it out.

as do I w/ the duder frat boy cubs fan. :hmm

thanks for pointing it out.

besides, you don't have enough tatoos and do have way too may teeth to be the stereotypical sox fan. :punch