Now Playing. 31st July 2006.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raconteurs-boy.jpg

This is really good. Like, really good. I love it. "Hands" sounds like a Beatles song or something. It's great.

while i do like the record a lot, they're 100x better live...

if you like Hands a lot (or any of Brendan's songs), you NEED to check out his 3 solo albums, being the big McCartney fan you are, you'll absolutely love him.

if you like Hands a lot (or any of Brendan's songs), you NEED to check out his 3 solo albums, being the big McCartney fan you are, you'll absolutely love him.

Seconded. I love "Hands" (my favorite on the album) and I also really dig Benson's Alternative to Love and Lapalco.

PRERELCDSHADOW.JPG

The Outsider

This is good. Completely all over the place - hyphy jams, garage rock, funky soul, electro and a large sprinkling of self-indulgance. Basically everything he's been endorsing through his DJ'ing over the past few years.

Edited by m_thomp
Seconded. I love "Hands" (my favorite on the album) and I also really dig Benson's Alternative to Love and Lapalco.

check out One Mississippi, easily Brendan's best album, and one of the best power pop records of the last 15 years.

Lapalco was a bit of a let down for me, but i liked Alternative a good deal

check out One Mississippi, easily Brendan's best album, and one of the best power pop records of the last 15 years.

It's already on my list. And I agree that Lapalco isn't as strong as Alternative... but I still like it.

• 4 years later...

Could this be what you are talking about?

Josh-T.-Pearson-Last-of-the-Country-Gentlemen-2011.jpg

Yeah, it's a great album. Bella Union are fast becoming my favourite label at the moment, and if Josh Pearson gets his arse into gear and release a solo album that fact will be even more so. (midlake are still the best band on the label though ;) )