Wilco, Ryan Adams, Secret Machines,The Raconteurs, & More Lollapaloza Webcasts

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some observations:

An excellent set!

The camera work sucked.

Jeff looked liked shit (that's a good thing) and seemed very happy, and happily married.

New album should be something very different than AGIB and more like first three. Walken is my fav so far.

Kalle should definitely get lotto tickets (can I throw in a few bucks?).

It's time for them to take a break and rest.

:cheers

I'd say the highlight for me, too, was Walken. Sounded great, especially with the horns. I like how Nel's shirt, Glenn's kit, and Jeff's coat all matched. I also appreciated Jeff's attempt at reviving the much-revered-yet-seldom-ballsy-enough-to-sport leprechaun look. Erin Go Bragh!

The back and forth shots of Jeff and Nels during the Impossible Germany solo were sweet!!! Then the direction just got out of hand. Great overall set, though. Some other random musings:

Only new one that doesn't do it for me is Let's Fight. Too prog maybe, I don't know.

Love love love What Light, though !!!! On the boots I have he definitely throws in One instead of What at different points. Just responding to an earlier post about that.

The audience clapping shot during Late Greats was awesome!!!

Now that Weezer is breaking up, is Wilco taking over the "W" sign with the hands. I missed the memo on that one.

Popper's still a great front man. He's had lots of physical problems through the years, but looks and sounds great tonight!!!

I'd say the highlight for me, too, was Walken. Sounded great, especially with the horns. I like how Nel's shirt, Glenn's kit, and Jeff's coat all matched. I also appreciated Jeff's attempt at reviving the much-revered-yet-seldom-ballsy-enough-to-sport leprechaun look. Erin Go Bragh!

:lol

Killer show. Makes me long even more for a local show. C'mon Jeff, don't you miss CA about now? Come visit....the heat wave has broken, and the beaches are lovely right now. :thumbup

I was actually impressed that the camera folks knew the tunes well enough to hype the furociousness of some of the jams, vomit-inducing as it potentially was.

The set was webcast on a two-hour delay, so maybe that was edited together later?

I was able to capture this, but it's got some kind of digital rights protection that AT&T put on it. I'll see if I can get around that and put out a DVD some time soon.

:cheers You're good people, Jesse. Hope everything is going well.

Oh well hi back. I predicted a ton of songs!

You clearly have psychic abilities! :omg Very impressive.

I'd like to second the :worship :worship :worship for all of Jesse's good work! Thanks so much, Jesse!

Oh, and for someone who asked back there a ways, Rosie is a VC'er who has been with us from this board's earliest days, when she was a mere 14 years old (right, Rosie?) but already had remarkably good musical tastes thanks to parents (Hi Louie!) with excellent musical tastes as well. These days Rosie is all grown up and goes to college.

Hi Rosie! :cheers

I was, I was just too swept up in the watching-and-listening part to do any posting. :wave

Yeah, me too. I had the video at fullscreen--all the better to see Jeff's zits.

Love love love What Light, though !!!! On the boots I have he definitely throws in One instead of What at different points. Just responding to an earlier post about that.

Now that Weezer is breaking up, is Wilco taking over the "W" sign with the hands. I missed the memo on that one.

Popper's still a great front man. He's had lots of physical problems through the years, but looks and sounds great tonight!!!

It sounded to these ears he was tossing in "one light"'s towards the end of the tune.

I've noticed a lot of ween fans use the "W", as well.

I give kudos to Popper and Blues Traveler. They sound really good and he looks healthy (after a tummy staple, of course). I used to see them a bunch in the late 80s and always thought they had there own decent thing going on, apart from traditional jambands.

Yeah, me too. I had the video at fullscreen--all the better to see Jeff's zits.

Hunh. I was unable to figure out how to get it at full-screen (what was the trick there?), so the wife and I (and intermittantly our 6 and 4 year olds) were huddled around the computer vying for optimum screen angle.

Hunh. I was unable to figure out how to get it at full-screen (what was the trick there?), so the wife and I (and intermittantly our 6 and 4 year olds) were huddled around the computer vying for optimum screen angle.

There was a little "maximize' button to click, below the small screen.

Good call me (I've memorized which guitars the guys play on which songs lol).

And no it is "what" light.

I guess I was right.

I enjoyed the Wilco and Ryan Adams sets, I didn't get to record them because I was away from the PC for awhile due to relationship problems, but both shows I got to see were great. I saw most of the B-roo webcasts and enjoyed them, this is a great way to see if bands can reproduce their sound in a live atmosphere without the help of studio tools. Nels tore it up tonight. Now I'm looking forward to the Austin City Limits webcasts. If I wouldn't of had so much BS going on this weekend, I could of posted a correct URL to enter into your media player OF CHOICE to watch the broadcast from. This would've helped some of you that had problems, also adding more buffer will improve quality if you have problems. Hopefully someone did get this.