POSSIBLE SPOILER SPACE OF 15 LINES COMMENCING
Holy shit, I'd say spoilers!! WOW!! I am concerned about the last bullet point regarding the season finale. That might kill the show.
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crow, that sounds interesting. i'll take it.

i'll hate to see kate and sayid go, though.

good catch, a-man, with the locke and cross parallel.

interesante...

Another fan of this show, whom I work with, mentioned that he thought the show was ending after Season 4. That might be why Kate and Sayid die -- beginning to wrap things up.

I once hypothesized that all of them would die before they got off the island. Given that everyone thinks they're dead and the plan wreck was found, if everyone dies on island, no one would know any different.

crow, that sounds interesting. i'll take it.

i'll hate to see kate and sayid go, though.

good catch, a-man, with the locke and cross parallel.

interesante...

It certainly seemed that way.

A REALLY interesting take on who the 'hero' is in this mythos. One of the best analysis pieces I have read. (Anytime somebody references Joseph Campbell you gotta love it).

http://www.thetailsection.com/lost-mythology/lost-is-locke-the-primary-hero.php#more ://http://www.thetailsection.com/lost-...-hero.php#more ://http://www.thetailsection.com/lost-...-hero.php#more

So is Locke's pop in the bag going to stay dead, or mysteriously come back to life so that Locke has to whack him over and over to stay in Ben's good graces? We saw Patchie bleed out his ears and convulse into a heap, and the next thing you know he's running around pulling sticks out of ribcages. I'm waiting for the bag over Locke's shoulder to start wiggling. Dead ain't what it used to be on this show...

The smokie-thingie being nano-tech is interesting. That idea made for a pretty good Michael Crichton book called "Prey" a few years ago.

Personally I think that the whole thing is one big Penelope daydream. She and Desmond were on a flight going to their honeymoon and she fell asleep and dreamed the whole thing. She'll wake up in the series finale.

Personally I think that the whole thing is one big Penelope daydream. She and Desmond were on a flight going to their honeymoon and she fell asleep and dreamed the whole thing. She'll wake up in the series finale.

surely after things like the st. elsewhere finale (all the way back in the...eighties), they won't do something like that!

So is Locke's pop in the bag going to stay dead, or mysteriously come back to life so that Locke has to whack him over and over to stay in Ben's good graces? We saw Patchie bleed out his ears and convulse into a heap, and the next thing you know he's running around pulling sticks out of ribcages. I'm waiting for the bag over Locke's shoulder to start wiggling. Dead ain't what it used to be on this show...

The smokie-thingie being nano-tech is interesting. That idea made for a pretty good Michael Crichton book called "Prey" a few years ago.

\

If it's anybody's dream...it's Locke's.

The Show is about Locke. (read the neato essay i posted the like to?)

surely after things like the st. elsewhere finale (all the way back in the...eighties), they won't do something like that!

I LOVED that finale. And the last Bob Newhart show finale, too. But, yeah, they probably wouldn't recycle that theme. But I do think that Penelope and her Dad and Desmond are the center of whatever this thing ends up being about.

Hmm does anyone recall if, in one of the recent episodes, Juliet said that Claire was the fist woman to have a baby on the island?

Mon May 7, 6:25 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - ABC has set an end date for "Lost."

The Emmy-winning adventure series will run for 48 more episodes over three seasons. Each season will consist of 16 episodes, which will air uninterrupted.

"Lost" executive producers/showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, who have been vocal about setting up an endgame for the show, have signed on to stay for the remainder of the series' run. Their separate new eight-figure deals with "Lost" producer ABC TV Studio include their services on the show as well as multiyear development pacts set to kick in when "Lost" bows out during the 2009-10 season.

"Due to the unique nature of 'Lost,' we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout and to give the audience the payoff they deserve," ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson said.

Lindelof said having the end point in sight was "incredibly liberating. Like we've been running a marathon and we actually know where the finish line is for the first time."

Lindelof and Cuse said they've had "a road map for the series with all the major mythological milestones and the ending in place" for a while.

"What we didn't know was how long we had to play the story out," Cuse said. "By defining the endpoint we can now really map out the rest of the series in confidence."

There will be some puzzle play, too.

"We sort of view "Lost" as a mosaic," Cuse said. "Now there are only 48 more tiles that go into that mosaic, and we're figuring out, along with all the other writers, exactly where they all go."

In January, Lindelof and Cuse said that they envisioned the endpoint for "Lost" around episode 100. The agreement with ABC will bring the total number of episodes to 120.

Lindelof wrote the pilot for "Lost" with fellow executive producer J.J. Abrams, and Cuse joined the series in October 2004 shortly after the show debuted to big numbers.

In addition to its instant commercial success and large following, "Lost" has enjoyed strong critical acclaim, capped by a best drama series Emmy in 2005 and best drama series Golden Globe in 2006.

While the show's ratings have softened this season -- it is averaging 15.1 million viewers to date -- it is the most recorded show on TV, gaining 18% more viewers through DVR viewing. It is also a popular draw for streaming replays on ABC.com, iTunes downloads and DVDs.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

I LOVED that finale. And the last Bob Newhart show finale, too. But, yeah, they probably wouldn't recycle that theme. But I do think that Penelope and her Dad and Desmond are the center of whatever this thing ends up being about.

yeah, i wasn't trying to knock it, i was mentioning for originality's sake...

I guess Locke isn't the hero after all. And I guess those 15 spoilers posted before are BS. How come that one guy didn't age at all? When exactly did the hostiles/others take over? Oh man, that episode didn't have as many answers as I hoped, instead, I have more questions.

I guess Locke isn't the hero after all. And I guess those 15 spoilers posted before are BS. How come that one guy didn't age at all? When exactly did the hostiles/others take over? Oh man, that episode didn't have as many answers as I hoped, instead, I have more questions.

there's no way he's dead, if that's what you mean.

there's no way he's dead, if that's what you mean.

Nope. No way. We'll see Locke's/the island's abilities of healing.

So, my new question of the week for Lost: Why were/are the hostiles there? Why do they have modern weapons? Why did they keep up appearances (as Dharma) -- going as far as heading back to the "mainland" to recruit Juliet?

Some really weird shit last night.

...so Richard Alpert (another philosopher name!) does not age.

...Ben is loonie tunes.

...Jacob is either a poltergiest type spirit or trapped in a temporal rift

Some impressions I have been left with:

Alex gave Locke the gun KNOWING Ben was gonna pull something. It may be a further right of passage.

Ben was definitely not in control tonight...scared to take Locke to see Jacob; definitely nonplussed at Jacob's reaction; shooting Locke...

Jack back in charge..."I hadn't decided what to do...'

'God loves you as he loved Jacob'

Here's something to chew on:

Desmond is Jacob

eyetoeye.jpg

Ack, I can't get over how good last nights episode was.

I really, really, hope they don't kill Charlie. Though apparently he's not returning next season. But who knows!

:dontgetit :hmm

uh...maybe Ben is Jacob?

whoisjacobcw5.jpg