it's too easy that she's following ben's plan verbatim...i think she is following it to a point and then will use it against him.

Or equally likely, Ben and the others aren't necessarily bad; they just have a very differnet agenda.

Jin's pregnancy is going to become a very large issue. If the baby is her husband's and he stopped shooting blanks on the island...she's in trouble.

If the baby is her Korean lover's and she was knocked up before she got to the island, her marriage is in trouble.

The upcoming D. O. C. (date of conception) episode is going to be key.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashbacks in remianing season 3 episodes:

I guess I would consider these minor spoilers, so ...

3.17 Desmond Hume

3.18 Jin & Sun Kwon

3.19 no flashbacks!

3.20 Benjamin Linus

3.21 Charlie Pace

3.22-23 Jack Shephard

Sounds good to me! :thumbup

While Juliette is following Ben's plan, remember seeing her throw the gas mask aside when Ben gave it to her? I think she got fed up of them, and thought that this plan was her perfect way out. She could go along with it, so the others think nothing of her going w/ the losties, and at the same time it will give her a reason, in the lostie's eyes, to be leaving the others.

Found this cryptic and fascinating blurb on a website:

From the very end, after the speculative portion of the program:

Quote:Yes, folks: I have seen more than just tonight's episode. And they're good. REALLY good. And if you want a hint of what's to come, how about this:

Remember Charlie's question in the pilot

What I don't understand is why everyone is so willing to forgive/trust/accept that the Others could ever be redeemed (much like Michael). All the Juliette-apologists as it were. No matter what she/The Others end up doing (their intentions and whatnot) they have plotted, manipulated, kidnapped, murdered and just generally treated the Losties as less than human, scientific experiments.

What I don't understand is why everyone is so willing to forgive/trust/accept that the Others could ever be redeemed (much like Michael). All the Juliette-apologists as it were. No matter what she/The Others end up doing (their intentions and whatnot) they have plotted, manipulated, kidnapped, murdered and just generally treated the Losties as less than human, scientific experiments.

well, that's the way we're supposed to feel about thr others b/c we are "seeing" things through the lens of the losties...

well, that's the way we're supposed to feel about thr others b/c we are "seeing" things through the lens of the losties...

That makes a certain amount of sense to me...BUT...regardless of perspective, can anyone justify the murder of the "pit bloke" (don't remember his name; the guy the tailies kept in the pit because they thought he was The Other), stringing Charlie up, using Claire as a tool to help Juliette infiltrate their group, and by proxy, guilty of soliciting Michael to off Ana Lucia and Libby (granted their connection to this act is not direct)? I guess what I'm wary of; what I feel is being built up to, is a big switcheroo where the writers turn the tables and we are supposed to then see The Others as the visionaries and "good guys" -- for me they've already done too much to make that switch possible and I think that would be really disappointing plot twist if it were to happen. Man, I'm taking this way too seriously. :stunned :)

My current theory-in-progress I've had since some time in Season 2/the very beginning of Season 3, and every episode (especially tonight) has lead some credence through it:

Spoilers, but its all specutlation so I'm not tagging.

Most of the people on the island (we call them 'others') are decendents of the slaves who crashed there years ago on the Black Rock slave ship. They lived in total isolation from the outside world till the Dharma Initiatve people came there (they found some electromagnetic anamolies in the region) to run experiements. Dharma then realized they found this group of unknown, untouched people (from disease, famine, war, technology) and started experimenting on them (thats why they refer to themseves as "the good ones," and the experiements help explain ethan/bens super strength, etc). Eventually, these people turned hostile (the others) and overthrew Dharma and took over all the stations and supplies they were using on our others. Now all of a sudden, these "pure people" have contact with an outside world they didnt know and lots of technology. A byproduct of the experiments they were put under left them sterile. so they used all this new tech to find the worlds best fertility doctor, so they can continue their way of life (they would have gone extinct elsewhile) Now they do anything in their power to protect their way of life from the outside world ever finding them again, like Dharma once did. Including killing for it.

A-man, if you can find a coupld of screen caps of Kate getting dressed from last night's episode...i'll yousendit a veggie burrito as trade.

My guess is that the chick who fell from the sky was sent by Desmond's lady to find him and I too enjoy the whole Desmond storyline...even though I have no clue what the hell is going on it.

Sidebar: NEW HEROES STARTS MONDAY! These two shows have been locked in mortal combat for my top spot this year...part of me is actually more excited for Heroes actually.

Request a screencap

If you would like to request a screencap please leave a comment here with details of the screen you would like captured. I can't promise to do them all but I will try to do the interesting ones. Please leave as many details as possible to make finding the image easier.

here

Scattershooting while ruminating on the greatness that is LOST...

The references to Abraham, Mount Moriah and Jacob and Desmond refusing to sacrifice Charlie...Desmond is being tested, but by whom?

Desmond's lady from the antique shop (you are not supposed to buy the ring Desmond) in the picture on the prior's desk (you had to look quick to see that one)...getting better and better here.

I always had the impression the show was about Jack, Locke, Kate and Sawyer...

But Desmond has been gifted and is being tested....

Here's something that keeps coming into my head: Remember Adam and Eve from season 1 (the two skeletons)? I am beginning to see these two as somehow being Penny and Desmond

Not my cup of tea - this is the sort of thing that ruined NYPD Blue - they should stick to the strange - not focusing on who's gettting the strange.

:lol 'getting the strange'

I hear you, a-man...the whole love triangle (or square) thing is kind of lame. That said, even though you're a vegetarian...you gotta' appreciate the patties on kate, eh?

I should remember that a drama runs as follows: crisis-->outcome-->relationship-->outcome. Or something like that - I am rusty on my TV skillz. I think as she is such a bad person - a female version of Sawyer in a way, that they have that sort of thing going on to balance it out. I suppose I just find it weird that they choose to show her in a thong or whatever - as in NYPD Blue - when they had the whole partial nudity thing going on. I am no prude, of course.

Who the heck is this woman he is talking to - it's not Penny - was he with her after Penny or before?

The gal whose brother punched him in the nose?

That was his fiance whom he jilted the day before the wedding...That was in 1995 (remember the label on the wine bottles).

He met Penny the day he got 'fired' from the abbey.

That was in 1995 (remember the label on the wine bottles).

Nitpicking, but that was probably after 1995, since the vintage date should be the date the grapes were pressed, not the year the wine was bottled. Probably 1997 (or later, since it's clearly a fine wine) or so.

I was reading an old issue of EW at the laundromat this morning - it had a Lost booklet in it -

And among other things, it has an interview with Stephen King - who asked the writers about the "great big statue with the great big foot" - I don't recall this for some odd reason.

I was reading an old issue of EW at the laundromat this morning - it had a Lost booklet in it -

And among other things, it has an interview with Stephen King - who asked the writers about the "great big statue with the great big foot" - I don't recall this for some odd reason.

The Jin, Sun and Sayid saw it on the boat trip

Scattershooting while considering things (plus it's always kinda slow the last hour at work...my stuff is always done well before deadline):

The other night, I was running through things in my mind and came to a bit of an epiphany.

I was thinking about the Movie Millenium (or rather, the short story on which this movie is based). Premise in a nutshell: Humans in the future have developed genetic and physical problems that endangers the future of the race. Science developes an ability to time travel. People who are passengers on airliners that crash are 'interceptes', taken to the future and replaced with avatars. These survivors are blended into the gene pool.

Kinda plays in with our story here:

1. The Losties are obviously survivors of an airline disaster.

2. The Others' female members are unable to bear children.

3. The children of the Losties as well as selected others (the list) have been abducted by the Others.

3a. Claire was abducted for some still obscure reason.

There has always been a time travel/purgatory kinda vibe with this show. Tie all this together with the list of Jacob (God loves Jacob like he loves you), and I see the OTHERS being time travelers. There have been references about not being able to find the island or not being able to return. Maybe the island itself is 'someplace else'. I have a feeling that the magnetic anomoly released when the hatch exploded enabled Penny (and whomever she is working for/with) to find the island. I think time rift/black hole kinda explanation.Desmond made a concerted attempt...both in person and in 'spirit', and now he is being tested mightily with visions. The past cannot be changed? Wrong...remember Desmond's little first person flash back? He did leave penny although he bought the ring, but HE took the circket bat to the head...not the barkeep.

Aaargh... I need help