I disagree about the time traveling thing, cause what about Rousseau who was ship wrecked on the island in the 80s? Or how about Desmond, who was also shipwrecked on the island a few years (?) before the plane crash. And how did they transport Juliet to the island in a submarine? Was the submarine a time traveling submarine? Did it have a flux capacitor? Interesting theory none the less though. My theory: it's like that movie "The Game" with Michael Douglas, where the whole thing is one big practical prank. I bet any day now the Others will come over to the beach and be like "gotcha!!" and everyone will have a good laugh!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh! What does that mean?!

My guess is that Ben, Jacob (if there is such a person), etc. used their wealth and influence in the outside world to stage the wreckage of flight 815 somewhere, in an effort to stop any potential search and rescue efforts that may have people stumbling upon the island...

My guess is that Ben, Jacob (if there is such a person), etc. used their wealth and influence in the outside world to stage the wreckage of flight 815 somewhere, in an effort to stop any potential search and rescue efforts that may have people stumbling upon the island...

Good call brah'!

i like the way big parm is thinking.

also, i saw from a-man's screencap link that woman in the picture on head monk's desk is indeed somebody from the past, but who was it? Anybody remember?

That was a badly done mock-up of a picture...

After Mikhail and Desmond treat Naomi's wound, she says something in Portuguese not spelled out in the captions. It is not "Thank you" as Mikhail claims. Instead, it sounds like "Eu n

Something big had better happen soon in this show - the last two episodes have really annoyed me. It is starting to get so convoluted that it will be amazing and damn near impossible to tie up all the loose ends without the 'big pay off' being really lame.

Does anyone know how many more seasons they want to have to finish the 'story'? I heard a while back that the writers got signed on for three more years...confirm or deny...

The woman in the Desmond episode with the ring.

oh right.

i was thinking that she may have been in someone else's flashback (remember when they were intertwining everybody's back story).

i know that the flashback is key to the show, but i am growing weary...maybe only a 10 minute section of flashback rather than a 20 (half the show)? let's get some of this present story out of the way.

did i read somewhere that an upcoming episode is flashback free?

No, an upcoming (the next) episode is a flashback of Locke's time on the island with The Others, I hears. Kind of like when The Tail Section survivors had that episode, I thinks.

I wonder what Juliet meant when she said "let's tell her" to Jack and Kate.

Ahh! This show is so good. I really think they're stuck in purgatory.

I really think they're not in purgatory as debunked numerous times by show producers.

Hell? No.

The pace is picking up a little bit.

Also, ABC sucks at previewing new episodes.

agreed that the trailers for upcoming episodes are very misleading...one that comes to mind was when jin said everything was going to change in english in a hurley flashback episode. turned out to be just a vision or dream or some junk.

i think they want us to think that they are in hell/purgatory or some alternate universe or something. my opinion is that it will all be explained in normal terms. the only abnormal thing will be the islands "powers" of healing which really may not be that sci-fi at all. sci-fi in the sense that we may not know of a place where the magnetic field is that powerful at the surface, but not sci-fi in the sense that a magnetic field that powerful could potentially alter the human healing power.

at any rate, all of this is very intriguing. i want to know what romeo and juliette were talking about before kate walked up (should we tell her?). i'm starting, for the first time, to really dislike jack's character. and locke's.

oh and i think that the plane was "planted" so that the island could not be found on account of people like ben not wanting the world to converge on fantasy healing island.

oh and i think that the plane was "planted" so that the island could not be found on account of people like ben not wanting the world to converge on fantasy healing island.
You mean the actual plane? Or the "fake" one they said they found in a 4 mile deep trench with all the people in it? I thought it was suspicious that they mentioned little robots went down there and looked at it....easy to fake a video feed.

Anyway....Jack is acting like a total moron. I can't wait to see Sawyer whip out that tape recorder and show that Jack's little girlfriend is evil. And a raid on the camp in three days to get all the pregnant women? Other than Sun? -- is it Kate (didn't juliet perhaps mention Kate on the recording?)??

Does anybody else think that Locke might take Ben down?

You mean the actual plane? Or the "fake" one they said they found in a 4 mile deep trench with all the people in it? I thought it was suspicious that they mentioned little robots went down there and looked at it....easy to fake a video feed.

Anyway....Jack is acting like a total moron. I can't wait to see Sawyer whip out that tape recorder and show that Jack's little girlfriend is evil. And a raid on the camp in three days to get all the pregnant women? Other than Sun? -- is it Kate (didn't juliet perhaps mention Kate on the recording?)??

Does anybody else think that Locke might take Ben down?

Too linear. There are bigget things afoot here. And I don't buy Juiliette being bad...it has been broadcast WAY too early. The writers have shown that this ain't going in any expected direction.

Well, saw the plane actually crash and it seemed as though the Others, including Ben, were truly surprised when it happened. So I guess I wonder if:

A. The plane crash was done on purpose --> I think not, given the "magnetic pulse" that seems to have brought it down

B. The plane crash was accidental and coincidentally provided the Others with "test subjects" of some sort --> fake crash in Bali is used as cover for the experiments

C. All of the people on flight 815 were gathered up and put on there for a reason other than mere coincidence

There are bigget things afoot here.
I agree.

edit: made point B and emoticon

It's scarily quiet here at work today...

Found some really neat Lost stuff while waiting...

Sent somethin really long and cool to A-man...

Thought the boardies might find this item really interesting:

:dancing

Warning:

The writer of this missive I am attaching has a pretty good track record.

Read at your own risk

POSSIBLE SPOILER SPACE OF 15 LINES COMMENCING

We'll find out that "Ben Linus", along with Richard Alpert and Jacob, were once workers for DHARMA who also doubled as human test subjects for various DHARMA projects on the island.

- We'll see the overthrow of DHARMA scientists by the workers led by Jacob, who was the instigator of the revolution and the saviour of Ben. Unfortunately, Jacob was unable to save Ben's family which we'll see.

- We'll come to understand that the mysterious Naomi wasn't the only traveler on the expedition flight to the island (hint: a male was with her who'll wash ashore later), but is in fact a spy of the DHARMA Initiative who's come to investigate exactly what happened on the island.

- The triggers for her visit were the meltdown of the Swan Station and the loss of contact with the Flame Station. A series of "secure" codes had to be input from the Flame to give DHARMA the green light that everything was fine, and to continue the food drops the same way the numbers had to be input in the Swan. The Others (hostiles) were successful keeping up appearances with Mikhail's help until Locke destroyed it.

- Cerberus, aka "The Smoke Monster, "Smokie" was a DHARMA experiment in both nanotechnology and neural networking which was used to guard the perimeter of various stations intuitively, but was damaged during the purge of DHARMA controllers, It has since gone rogue and become self aware.

- The "Others" as we've come to know and love (or hate) are truly the good guys who gained their own freedom and were actively attempting to reverse the effects of experiments performed on them by DHARMA, and the effects of the island on unprotected humans until Flight 815 interrupted them (hence the kidnappings).

- Ben confides in Locke that they were basically slaves to DHARMA and they must keep up the ruse that DHARMA is still in control or they will all die from a common enemy. Jacob is the head "inmate" who orchestrated the revolution, and who remains hidden in plain sight but is still the one they must answer to.

- We find out that Penelope Widmore has been associated with (either a member or a principal) DHARMA all along, and the station in Antarctica is run by DHARMA. Desmond has a vision of Penelope which is frightening and reveals new, truthful memories about how they really met at the monastery.

- Ben dies in the finale along with a few Others, as does Kate and Sayid. Sawyer and most of the Losties blame Jack and Juliet for Kate and Sayid's deaths due to his plan. Jack is forced to go with the surviving Others, and we see Tom by his side as he protects his new leader. From the sky we see images of the island as if from the viewpoint of a coming aircraft. It seems DHARMA has sent someone (or something) to the island and it's not nice.