Coming to grips with one's demons isn't the key to long life on the island.

The french chick never came to grips with her demons and she's survived 16 years.

2 things really bugged me this episode:

Why the hell didn't Juliet and Kate take a shower before the left Otherville? :monkey

I was wondering the exact same thing

Why not just move everyone into Otherville completely? Food, shelter, smoke monster fence, full collection of Agatha Christie...sounds like heaven.

Son Volt albums too.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that we have seen THREE female cast members from Deadwood (Kim Dickens, Paula Malcomson, Robin Weigert), I wonder if we will see anymore.

Kinda like Law and Order and Oz.

2 things really bugged me this episode:

Why the hell didn't Juliet and Kate take a shower before the left Otherville? :monkey

Must have gotten cut...they did look a lot cleaner at the end.

Why not just move everyone into Otherville completely? Food, shelter, smoke monster fence, full collection of Agatha Christie...sounds like heaven.

They aren't moving to the Barracks because they aren't sure the 'Others" won't be back. I've got an idea that they (the others) didn't just WALK out. Why gas Jack, Sayid and Juliette? They were leaving by means they didn't want to be seen by 'outsiders'.

I know Locke is a true believer in the island...I wonder what his committment and relationship to the others is now. And what is the Others purpose?

things will get interesting now with all the strong personalities around...jack/sawyer/sayid and kate/juliette and of couse the love rhombus of sawyer/kate/jack/juliette.

also, i can't remember what happened to michael and walt?

things will get interesting now with all the strong personalities around...jack/sawyer/sayid and kate/juliette and of couse the love rhombus of sawyer/kate/jack/juliette.

also, i can't remember what happened to michael and walt?

all things Michael

all things Michael

nice site, tenderloin.

i'm finding out all kinds of cool stuff today...

back to the topic, i guess we don't know what happened to michael and walt, save that they cruised their way to freedom. or did they? maybe the others intercepted and they're still around. that would be an intriguing storyline.

does anybody know if they are still listed in the cast?

I read somewhere that Michael will not be returning in season 3 but will be in season 4. I don't know what they're going to do about Walt though, considering he's probably 15 now.

I read somewhere that Michael will not be returning in season 3 but will be in season 4.
I second this. I read it in a producer interview in USA Today a couple months back. I always thought Michael was kind of an idiot.
I second this. I read it in a producer interview in USA Today a couple months back. I always thought Michael was kind of an idiot.

Let's see...Killed two castaways in cold blood...freed the leader of the others...lured four comrades into captivity...

But he loves his son (who he hasn't had anything to do with for 12 years)...real standup guy

Let's see...Killed two castaways in cold blood...freed the leader of the others...lured four comrades into captivity...

But he loves his son (who he hasn't had anything to do with for 12 years)...real standup guy

agreed.

for some reason, however, i'm drawn to his character...or maybe i'm more drawn to his character and how it relates to walt who i'm really interested in...

i just don't want them to be gone for good. i want more closure than they sailed off into the blue.

I think that Hurley will end up being an important (if not the most important) character - He is the only one that is directly related to the numbers, which obviously hold some sort of importance. I also read that he was the first character cast for the series - seems like an odd person to start with otherwise...

so...

the plane crash was accidental, meaning "the others" didn't cause it? at least that was my impression of it from this episode.

i felt like i was watching a totally different show tonight. different characters, different plot now.

i hope they go somewhere with this.

and, is juliet jack's judas? or ben's?

I dunno, but I think we're on the verge of understanding the Others' true nature - it might have something to do with fertility and/or cancer. Ben mentioned that no Other had cancer (when talking with Juliet) in a way that made me think they SHOULD all have cancer for some reason. They seem to know more about the island than the Losties, but not a whole lot more.

Now, we have to wonder what the masterplan is - The Others showing their true colors.

And how did Ben "cure" Juliette's sister.

Looks like we learned a couple of things that seem important (at least to me):

Juliet obviously knows who/what Jacob is. And this is a very key issue.

The whole trial, branding, banishing of Juliete was contrived to draw Jack to Juliete. I make this conclusion because Juliete is following Ben's plans and directions to the 't'.

The story patchie told Sayid and Kate about a purge and him being the last of the Dharma's appears to be bullshit. He was obviously the others' eye to the outside world.

The tailies (or at least Ana Lucia) killed Juliet's boyfriend...

Ben is afraid of Juliet. And he is one manipulative bastard. (Did they cure the cancer or was that a hoax.)

The others appear to want something from the Losties. Maybe they want Aaron, maybe they want Claire.

Sawyer has changed...but it may be too late.

A naked woman eating ice cream is pretty damn erotic.

more stuff from Lost Screencapt and Easter Eggs

mmo or Ummoism describes a series of decades-long claims that aliens from the planet Ummo were communicating with persons on the earth.

Most Ummo information was in the form of many detailed documents and letters sent to various esoteric groups or UFO enthusiasts. The Ummo affair called Ummoism was subject to much mainstream attention in France and Spain during the 1960's and 1970's, and a degree of interest remains regarding the subject.

General consensus is that the Ummoism was an elaborate hoax. The culprit (or culprits) is unknown, but a Jos

Juliette isn't leaving the island until she figures out how to make the mothers stop dying -- Just as Ben said. And Juliette will stop at nothing until her wish is granted. And, Jack is losing his charisma.

As we Lost fans like to dissect and analyze absolutely everything, the pinball machine in the corner of the game room caught my eye. I have figured out that it is the Cyclone, manufactured by Williams in February 1988. I have no idea what possible connection to the mythology of Lost this pinball game could have, but like Mousetrap making a second appearance in "Left Behind"

ummo

Tree carving

Juliette's 'tramp stamp' brand

something big is afoot...

When something gets pounded this hard...it is more than a coincidence.

Juliette isn't leaving the island until she figures out how to make the mothers stop dying -- Just as Ben said. And Juliette will stop at nothing until her wish is granted. And, Jack is losing his charisma.

The big three is certainly in flux.

Jack isn't necessarily losing his charisma...he is putting his dignitas and autoricras (sp) on the line for someone who is seemingly betraying him.

Sawyer is gaining stature...more cognizant of group needs...concerned with the welfare of others. But he struggles with his demons...sometimes he wins...sometimes they win.

Locke has totally sold his soul to the island. Of course, he understands what is going on more than anyone else.

The wild card is Hurley...the 'everyman'. The facilitator...the mediator...the voice of reason. But last night I had a vision...remember, Hurley has had hallucinations...

these last five episodes are going to be pretty good, i feel.

this is good. in the middle of the season, while the show was on hiatus, i had lost interest. it took me a while to get back into it (thanks to tivo).

i have to think that, while i said that i mistrust juliette, i know that she doesn't really like ben for how he has treated her in the situation. so maybe she isn't following ben's plan to a t. that's what the writers want us to think.