David Fricke goes out on a limb

wikipedia? i'd say it's not true. just one of those trouble making wilco fanatics :P but i don't read RS either, so i'd love to be proven wrong

The beatles released twice as many albums in less time, and most of them are better than anything Wilco's done except for YHF, which is at least as good as Rubber Soul, but not as good as Revolver, SPLHCB, White Album, Let It Be, or Abbey Road.

I'd say that BT, YHF and AGIB are as good as or better than any Beatle record. But the Beatles still win with a bigger career and a bigger punch to the face of popular culture.

I'm not saying Wilco comes in second, either. They are one of the best rock bands ever, but there are bunch of other bands I'd also say that about.

The beatles released twice as many albums in less time, and most of them are better than anything Wilco's done except for YHF, which is at least as good as Rubber Soul, but not as good as Revolver, SPLHCB, White Album, Let It Be, or Abbey Road.

Sgt. Pepper is way overrated. But Abbey Road kick ass and so does Revolver. I think the test of time will decide if Wilco is one of the greatest. Right now, there number 3 on my list.

1. The Who

2. The Velvet Underground

3. Wilco

4. Sonic Youth

5. Miles Davis

6. Radiohead

Note: Minutemen are rapidly growing for me

I really do think Wilco will stand the test of time and they will get the recognition they deserve eventually.

:thumbup I really hope so.I'm not gonna get into the best of all time arguments,but all I will say is that the music & lyrics that Mr. JT has come up with has reached into my heart & brain in a way that few other people have in my lifetime.

We all do rock criticism here but to do that for a living just strikes me as a bit pretentious,to be nice..

:thumbup I really hope so.I'm not gonna get into the best of all time arguments,but all I will say is that the music & lyrics that Mr. JT has come up with has reached into my heart & brain in a way that few other people have in my lifetime.

My sentiments exactly.

:worship

• 2 weeks later...

I looked through the rolling stones of recent at my friends apartment and was incapable of finding anything. Who cares anyways, David Fricke voted "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" as the #1 album of the year. YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKES.

Rolling Stone is for tools, so is Radiohead, and so is excessive Beatle fandom.

I love you all because we all love Wilco.

A few things to say. Yes, I'm gonna ramble because I'm drunk.

1) I loathe David Frick. Think he's a jackass.

2) I love Wilco, and I would place their last 3 records in the top 200 of all time, but there is very little of their work that can't be traced to a previous artist/movement/sound. As such, it's hard for me to put them before any of the true trailblazing artists (as it is for all post-u2 bands)

3) Speaking of U2, HTDAAB is a great rock record--their best since Zooropa, imo.

4) Rolling Stone sucks a hard one; fuck them.

Peace.

3) Speaking of U2, HTDAAB is a great rock record--their best since Zooropa, imo.

Man. Maybe I need to listen to this record again. I TRIED to like it when I bought it b/c IMO, ATYCLB was a great, great album. But it just didn't happen for me.

Man. Maybe I need to listen to this record again. I TRIED to like it when I bought it b/c IMO, ATYCLB was a great, great album. But it just didn't happen for me.

Well, there are ceratinly plenty of U2 fans who didn't like Bomb at all, but I think it's really well written. As for ATYCLB, I think the first 8 songs are great, and the last four aren't very good at all.