Fri 11/24 Andrew Bird @ Logan Square

Fri 11/24 The Black Keys @ The Vic

Sat 11/25 Wilco @ The Auditorium

Sat 11/25 Andrew Bird @ Logan Square

Sat 11/25 The Black Keys @ The Vic

Sat 11/25 Wolfmother @ The Riv

:omg

:pirate

i know this is a Wilco site, but i urge people to check out that MMJ show, the first night of the Aud show won't be all that anyway, come on, y'know you wanna! :)

very VERY tempting as well, but can we really justify being away 2 night on thanksgiving weekend?

i know this is a Wilco site, but i urge people to check out that MMJ show, the first night of the Aud show won't be all that anyway, come on, y'know you wanna! :)

this coming from the admin of said Wilco site :lol

I'd love to, but with my mom visiting I'll only be going to one of the wilco shows as it is (and she's coming along)

MMJ will be back

MMJ will be back

that's what i said last Octobe when i skipped them to see Broken Social Scene & Feist, but they've yet to come back here :(

i haven't seen them headline since 2004, it blows!

saw 'em open for both PJ Chicago shows, but 45 min x 2 doesn't count

My thoughts exactly. Friday MMJ, Saturday Wilco :yes

:pirate

if by :pirate you mean getting on a plane and visiting Chicago over Thanksgiving, then YAY! :w00t

well, i just bought a plane ticket TO chicago. so that's taken care of :lol

wendy, i think the mmj-wilco 1-2 punch is going to set the weekend on fire!

question: do you think i can bring my foam novelty flying v as a carry on? :rock

i think i've seen Andrew approx 28 times this year, and will again in a few weeks, so i'd easily pass on those :P
28 times??

Actually I didn't realize he is playing two nights.....either way Wilco gets first priority for me. And as usual there is way more happening in Chicago than can ever be done. There are probably a dozen other good shows of lesser intensity those couple nights.

LouieB

No love for Andrew Bird??? Both Bird and MMJ will return.

LouieB

valid question: just saw mr. bird last thursday. was all set to see him again...until..

who knows, if i get shut out for wilco tix, i'll see mr. b in a heartbeat. :music

No love for Andrew Bird??? Both Bird and MMJ will return.

LouieB

Lots o' love for Andrew Bird, are you kidding? I was all set to see him on Saturday night until Wilco announced their shows. Wilco trumps Andrew Bird in my world anyway. Plus I can wait on Andrew Bird until he tours behind another release. And lastly, Logan Square is not my favorite venue in Chicago. So there. :P

PS - see you this Saturday!?!

well, i just bought a plane ticket TO chicago. so that's taken care of :lol

wendy, i think the mmj-wilco 1-2 punch is going to set the weekend on fire!

question: do you think i can bring my foam novelty flying v as a carry on? :rock

:thumbup

but first check with the FAA :unsure

Lots o' love for Andrew Bird, are you kidding? I was all set to see him on Saturday night until Wilco announced their shows. Wilco trumps Andrew Bird in my world anyway. Plus I can wait on Andrew Bird until he tours behind another release. And lastly, Logan Square is not my favorite venue in Chicago. So there. :P

PS - see you this Saturday!?!

Yea, Logan Square actually is a horrible venue. I posted up that Wilco gets priority for sure.

Saturday for sure. Now I just have to get some maps to figure out how to get across Indiana and into Ohio. I can party in Ft. Wayne until you are ready to throw me out. I don't have to be in Ohio until midnight.

LouieB

28 times??

Actually I didn't realize he is playing two nights.....either way Wilco gets first priority for me. And as usual there is way more happening in Chicago than can ever be done. There are probably a dozen other good shows of lesser intensity those couple nights.

LouieB

feels like it, but actually just 4, with one still coming up