wilco shows in chicago

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's the sound issue, but call me old fashioned, I like to SEE the band as well.

Sam is on the mark.

Also, I'd like to add the stuffy nature of the seats. I always feel like I'm on a fieldtrip back in '86, about to see The Nutcracker.

It's extra painful, too, because I forgot my lunch on that trip and it was a ham sandwich on white w/ mustard.

There's the sound issue, but call me old fashioned, I like to SEE the band as well.

That too. THe Aud Theater IMO is pretty lousy place to see a rock concert.

Yea don't get me wrong id much rather see them at the vic - thats a near holy experience - but the last few shows at the auditorium have been rockin'... for some of us diehards who have seen them in real intimate settings, sure its not the same, but it still beats the majority of rock shows out there... as long as you dont get stuck up in that balcony that sent tweedy into rehab the following day then ur cool

Yea don't get me wrong id much rather see them at the vic - thats a near holy experience - but the last few shows at the auditorium have been rockin'... for some of us diehards who have seen them in real intimate settings, sure its not the same, but it still beats the majority of rock shows out there... as long as you dont get stuck up in that balcony that sent tweedy into rehab the following day then ur cool

Your right about seeing them at the Vic. I was in the front row on May 7, 2005 at the Vic, the last day they recording "Kicking Television" and easily out ranks seeing them at Farm Aid and at Lollapoolza.

Or the Vic

or the Riv

or the Aragon

NOT the Aragon.

I was there last night for String Cheese Incident (don't ask...they were good in 2000, now they are not, but I was going to hang with some friends), and it was the worst pre-show experience of my life. We waited 1.5 hours in line to get in the front door. We missed all but 3 minutes of the 1st set. When we walked in, the line was still going around the corner. Someone said that Ticketmaster was to blame for understaffing at the Will Call window (tons of peeps had will call), and also there was some labor union issue. On top of that, there was 1 guy sitting in a folding chair ripping people's tickets as they got in at a rate of about 2 tickets per minute.

I read that a few people also got taken into back rooms and harassed by security

Aragon = bad news. Too bad since it's very cool decor inside.

I read that a few people also got taken into back rooms and harassed by security

yup, ive been there... security there are assholes.. i only go when i can manage vip passes/all you can drink

so true... aragons for teenybopper shows

Edited by theshua

I havent seen Wilco at the aud since....october 2004. is there a price difference in the higher and lower seats. do we have any ballpark figures about how much they cost? obviously i'll pay anything to see wilco again for more than an hour, but i gotta prepare properly. thanks dudes.

The Aud is the most beautiful venue in Chicago. Although I loved their more intimate shows at the Vic, it's pretty special to see them play there (and the acoustics are outstanding).

Thanks for that. The Aud. theatre holds about 4,000 people. If you're on the floor or first balcony its perfect otherwise don't bother.

Besides that it's about one hundred years old and a Adler/Sullivan gem. Buildings like this have a soul that should be respected IMO.

Thanks for that. The Aud. theatre holds about 4,000 people. If you're on the floor or first balcony its perfect otherwise don't bother.

Besides that it's about one hundred years old and a Adler/Sullivan gem. Buildings like this have a soul that should be respected IMO.

I saw them 2nd row at the Auditorium on 9/20/03. The sound was crystal :P