Octoberquest 2006

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, what's with all the fan shots and replays? A routine foul ball, grounder, swing and miss do not warrent multiple replays. And six different fan shots before a pitch might be a bit excessive. Fox seems to be doing its best to prove the best way to witness a baseball game away from the stadium is on radio.

Pretty good game, too bad the Tigers appear so inept on the field.

it's not over yet - but I am hoping for the best tomorrow night. :pray

No kidding.....I'm pretty sure they've lost this lead before. Like when I was two. And another time before I was born.

Now the question is do we get Verlander or Rogers? I wonder if Leyland will change things up.

Tweedy show fri, and miss my Cards take the series,or miss Tweedy and hope for a win.

For my sake I hope their is a rainout!

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man, what's with all the fan shots and replays? A routine foul ball, grounder, swing and miss do not warrent multiple replays. And six different fan shots before a pitch might be a bit excessive. Fox seems to be doing its best to prove the best way to witness a baseball game away from the stadium is on radio.

And you've gotta love it when they reduce the game to a little box on your TV because they are showing a pointless interview or one of those goofy player profiles.

Tony LaRussa is reason enough to make it illegal for the managers to wear the uniform of their team. How ridiculous does he look with his tight pants, windbreaker, sunglasses and batting gloves. He looks so pathetic...

Tony LaRussa is reason enough to make it illegal for the managers to wear the uniform of their team. How ridiculous does he look with his tight pants, windbreaker, sunglasses and batting gloves. He looks so pathetic...

Glad to see we're dealing with the truly important issues this morning.

Apparently the Cards blew 3-1 leads in '68 and '85. I don't see that happening this year.

Keep hope alive Tigers fans. Crazier things have happened. And its not like the Cards are trotting out Bob Gibson in this series. Get the series back to Detroit and then this thing will get interesting.

If I played baseball, they'd play Beyond Belief by Elvis Costello when I came up to bat. That would be awesome. That song always gets me pumped.

Actually, I am going to see if the secretary here can play that when I walk in in the morning.

Pretty good game, too bad the Tigers appear so inept on the field.

seemed like after every pitch the camera gets a shot of a fan either praying or wearing a stupid hat

They're choke artists. :ohwell

Good pitching stops good hitting, and the Cardinals' rotation has been stellar this postseason.

Well, the Tigers hitting wasn't that bad last night (although yes, Carpenter and Reyes totally shut them down, and Weaver was good too). It just pains me to see them making a bunch of stupid fielding errors in the World Series. That's what blew it last night at least. And when Zumaya made that stupid error in the previous game, that's what solidified the loss -- before that it was still a winnable game.

I'm not sure about you, but my enjoyment and understanding of the game is greatly increased now that I know that Sean Casey listens to Dave Matthews Band.

apparently all the white guy MLB's love Dave . . .

so basically Monroe just got a bad jump on the ball last night? Didn't it seem like he was playing in kind of shallow to begin with?

Glad to see we're dealing with the truly important issues this morning.

Apparently the Cards blew 3-1 leads in '68 and '85. I don't see that happening this year.

Do you really expect much more from a 5 am baseball post?