hug your family

Guest Speed Racer

Guest Speed Racer

First snow last night, with some sleet. Was in the cities (MN) on 494 when the car in front of us hit black ice. They almost hit us, and when we tried to avoid them we lost control. Flipped twice down a hill, landing upside down. NOTHING scarier than realizing your car is about to flip, except maybe trying to get out of a car while you're upside down. UNLESS you finally get out and three more cars spin off the road within 10 minutes, two of them nearly hitting you. Everyone was fine, but I am really sore and REALLY freaked out. Too much luck involved...I don't like my life based on luck.

Hug your family and friends. :yes

Glad your okay! Ice can be really bad news. I lost a very good friend in a winter car accident, not her fault. 4 years ago I was driving in Northfield (MN) and it had just snowed a little over some serious ice that I didn't know about because it had rained while I was inside...and then turned to snow. I made a turn at an intersection, spun in my car and hit a telephone pole. Luckily I wasn't going very fast, but it was scary as hell, and I banged up my parents car pretty well and ended up paying them a fair sum of money on the insurance deductable...but luckily wasn't hurt at all.

Guest Speed Racer
4 years ago I was driving in Northfield (MN)

Been spending this past week trying to remember if you were the one from Northfield or not! :lol That answers my question.

Yikes. Glad to hear you, and everyone else, escaped unscathed.

My wife has been involved in three car accidents in the last four years--none of them remotely her fault--and it's always an eye-opener: We are at the mercy of happenstance.

holy smokes, lauren! :o

relieved to hear that you all made it out unhurt.

how terrifying. jesus.

Watch the Californians being extra-freaked out by this. :blink

So glad to hear you weren't hurt. Be careful in the snow, all you cold-weather dwellers!!!

Guest Speed Racer

Mr. R, no? We're on break, too, so I'll be all up in the IGH with the ladyfriend, this time staying ON all of the roads.

We call her parents:

'Are you on 494?'

We used to be.

'Which exit!?!'

The one that doesn't have a sign anymore...

I'm glad you are all right. Back in the old days, it was saber-tooth tigers and rabid mastodons. These days, most of us only put our lives at risk on a day-to-day basis when we strap ourselves into automobiles.

First snow last night, with some sleet. Was in the cities (MN) on 494 when the car in front of us hit black ice. They almost hit us, and when we tried to avoid them we lost control. Flipped twice down a hill, landing upside down. NOTHING scarier than realizing your car is about to flip, except maybe trying to get out of a car while you're upside down. UNLESS you finally get out and three more cars spin off the road within 10 minutes, two of them nearly hitting you. Everyone was fine, but I am really sore and REALLY freaked out. Too much luck involved...I don't like my life based on luck.

Hug your family and friends. :yes

Wow what a terrifying expierence. I am so glad you came out of it all right. :cheekkiss

:cheers Take care of yourself.

--Mike

Mr. R, no? We're on break, too, so I'll be all up in the IGH with the ladyfriend, this time staying ON all of the roads.

We call her parents:

'Are you on 494?'

We used to be.

'Which exit!?!'

The one that doesn't have a sign anymore...

Mr. R is correct, woot for the IGH and ladyfriends...and especially staying on the roads. Hopefully it'll warm up and ice will not be a problem. Scary!

:hug verrry scarry.

Same thing happened to me in a whiteout in the Bermuda Triangle of NY, I-88. Flipped my van upside down, watched my younger daughter in the rearview bouncing around like a piece of popcorn. Car was totalled, no injuries to speak of. I think the five feet of snow on the ground saved us.

The scary part was being in the median and figuring we were going to get hit by other cars/trucks going off in the same place. :blink

I used to be a fearless driver ... now I'm fearless only in dry conditions.

Glad you're okay.

I'm glad you're ok. you never know when something like this can happen. it sounds kind of cliche, but I do kiss my husband every time I go out the door for that reason. I had a bad wreck in February and it scared the living hell out of me, but I was so lucky not to be hurt. take care of yourself and be safe. :cheekkiss