Wichita - Set list

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for putting this recording together. I really appreciate it. Also, here are some photos that I took that night. I wasn't as close as it looks like some people here were, but it's another vantage point. Enjoy and thanks again.

Wilco - Live at the Cotillion

Thanks for sharing those picts "kamelamin" where Clays are closer yours give a better perspective of the venue and the ambiance the band shell at the Cotillion offers.

That venue would have been a great place for one of those early AGIB shows when the band was using the slide show visual pictures.

This Wichita show had the best lighting for any Wilco show i have been to and your pictures capture it perfectly.

Thanks for sharing those picts "kamelamin" where Clays are closer yours give a better perspective of the venue and the ambiance the band shell at the Cotillion offers.

That venue would have been a great place for one of those early AGIB shows when the band was using the slide show visual pictures.

This Wichita show had the best lighting for any Wilco show i have been to and your pictures capture it perfectly.

I concur. The color in some of those wide shots is awesome! Thanks for sharing them.

There's a free photo of a glassy-eyed Oceanman with every download!

:cheers

:w00t You ain't got shit on me!As far as I know Donna's pics were eaten by a bear.

:w00t You ain't got shit on me!As far as I know Donna's pics were eaten by a bear.

Ok, I deserved that.....but O-man, forgive me.....life's been insanely busy, and now I have bronchitis. :ermm

But I also do have the cutest picture of your bad self. :yes I will take my medicines, and get the photos up. I swear it.

Ok, I deserved that.....but O-man, forgive me.....life's been insanely busy, and now I have bronchitis. :ermm

But I also do have the cutest picture of your bad self. :yes I will take my medicines, and get the photos up. I swear it.

What if I wanted them to get ate by a bear? :lol

Sorry that your sick,got my guitar on me,Ill sing you a song via vibage! :blush

Well the first song that came to my mind was Via Chicago..............................Woops,"I dreamed about killing you again last night and it felt alright to me"Now I feel like an ass,sorry!

Well the first song that came to my mind was Via Chicago..............................Woops,"I dreamed about killing you again last night and it felt alright to me"Now I feel like an ass,sorry!

I thought you loved me! :no

Thas ok, I dreamed about killing you, too..... :fish

Sorry to bump this, but just had to say...

Had a chance to listen to the recording this weekend and am just loving it. And...wow, what fantastic layout/artwork options with this recording...I can't choose which one I want to use! :omg :D

Very, very cool stuff. Thank you, and thank you again!

(And kidsmoke, sorry you're under the weather...hope you're feeling better soon.)

Sorry to bump this, but just had to say...

Had a chance to listen to the recording this weekend and am just loving it. And...wow, what fantastic layout/artwork options with this recording...I can't choose which one I want to use! :omg :D

Very, very cool stuff. Thank you, and thank you again!

(And kidsmoke, sorry you're under the weather...hope you're feeling better soon.)

Thanks so much, Clouds....I think I've shaken off the worst of it, by being utterly useless for a couple of days. Now I'm outta bed and pulling the house back into shape....these do0ds do not function well at all without a "mom". :rolleyes

I concur with the rave reviews of the show and the cover art options! Clay, this cover art is among the prettiest I own! Great job.

Just wanted to thank you very much for the great recording and artwork! I finished downloading the show this weekend and it was just great to be able to relive the experience and beautiful music. I was also able to download all the Sunken Treasure tracks after all the server issues were resolved, so overall a very good weekend!

Dunno about the rest of them, but this picture escaped from the jaws of that old bear. Thank goodness, because it's adorable. :)

kidsmoke-oceanman.jpg

Yase, yase, the recording is excellent.

My review: http://www.bethelks.edu/collegian/archives/002435.php#002435

A couple of caveats: first, the review was originally about twice this size, plus one of Clay's photos. However, on production night, I discovered that I didn't have room in the Entertainment section for all of the articles that were slated to appear in my section, and I would have to drop two if I didn't drastically cut some other stuff. As it was, with a massively reduced review sans photography, I still had to drop one article. Anyway, point is, the review loses a lot of its luster in this cut-down, especially the middle third or so.

Second, there are usually a couple of errors in the transfer from hardcopy to online. Not my fault. I'm an impeccable editor.

Dunno about the rest of them, but this picture escaped from the jaws of that old bear. Thank goodness, because it's adorable. :)

:omg Oh good Lord, big as life, and all glowy with Wilcofied happiness! :lol

Sorry for choking you Donna!Hey,we kind of look related?

Aw, what's a bit of choking between friends, Ryan? :P Wow, that was a fun night! We do look a bit as if we might be family. Wilco family......great meeting you, bro!

jono, thank you for sharing! I enjoyed reliving the night through your eyes. One of my favorite concerts ever. :rock

That shirt is going on 14 years,lucky number 3 on back.And it's probably a cig burn.Alot of my older clothes look like the mothes have gotten to em',too hard to let get go to things I guess.

I posted this in its own thread, but then thought I ought to put it here also.

Hello all, here are more photos from that amazing Wichita show. Clay, I can't begin to compete with your gorgeous shots, but there are a few among these that I'm very happy with. More importantly, even the blurry shots bring back happy memories of that incredible show.

Kudos to my favorite band for being at the very top of their game. :worship

The second to last shot shows Edie, oceanman, me and Christine, as photographed by Jeff. We are all glowing with post-concert euphoria, can you tell? :w00t

Here you go: http://www.flickr.com/photos/33207210@N00/...4367268413/show

After 50 minuets and 9 songs of the boys blasting us with their outstanding play Jeff spoke...

...This is certainly a crazy pad you have here. We would love to visit your town more often but we get called faggots when we walk around here...(boo-hiss)seriously,yes, yes it's true. Granted we were drinking lattes in front of the antique store...alright...we gotta, we gotta, yea. It's ok we gotta take the good with the bad. This is a beautiful place. But um now that I've checked in i feel comfortable asking you all to sing along, I've heard you guys sing along a little bit earlier. Bravo, well done, we enjoy that. (some guy yells "come back!") we've already heard ourselves sing( he shouts it again) Come back? Come back? Already? OK... (jeff turns and walks briefly off stage right. Returns to center stage, raises his hands and says) "Ah its good to be back in Wichita!" (audience erupts while Glenn taps his sticks to start Jesus Ect.

:rotfl :rotfl

kidsmoke-oceanman.jpg

great pic! can't help but notice oceanman that the shirt you are wearing is exactly the color of your avatar. i can so picture you swaying and waving your arms around. chris?

That shirt is going on 14 years,lucky number 3 on back.And it's probably a cig burn.Alot of my older clothes look like the mothes have gotten to em',too hard to let get go to things I guess.

Ahem, this is my first post. I am from Atlanta and was at the Wichita show with my 15 year old daughter Holly. We were on the second row behind Edie and Kidsmoke who extended great courtesy to us. Edie let Holly move to the coveted front row for the first encores, which was a huge deal for Holly. It was even a bigger deal when Jeff held the mike to Holly's mouth for the final refrain of Hummingbird. It was a huge thrill for her. After the show Holly had her pic taken with Jeff, John and Nels. I think I might have been in the running for dad of the year for a moment there. Thanks to all the nice folks we met at the Cotillion (a truly amazing venue) for making it a special time for me and Holly.

As a rookie, I must admit it took me a while to figure out how to register on VC, but I think I finally pulled it off. My next challenge is figuring out how to access the taping of the Wichita show posted above. Do I need to register again under VC bit torrent to access it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ahem, this is my first post. I am from Atlanta and was at the Wichita show with my 15 year old daughter Holly. We were on the second row behind Edie and Kidsmoke who extended great courtesy to us. Edie let Holly move to the coveted front row for the first encores, which was a huge deal for Holly. It was even a bigger deal when Jeff held the mike to Holly's mouth for the final refrain of Hummingbird. It was a huge thrill for her. After the show Holly had her pic taken with Jeff, John and Nels. I think I might have been in the running for dad of the year for a moment there. Thanks to all the nice folks we met at the Cotillion (a truly amazing venue) for making it a special time for me and Holly.

As a rookie, I must admit it took me a while to figure out how to register on VC, but I think I finally pulled it off. My next challenge is figuring out how to access the taping of the Wichita show posted above. Do I need to register again under VC bit torrent to access it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi Whistle Song!!! (Whose real first name I've forgotten....Sorry!) Welcome to Via Chicago! I loved meeting you and your delightful daughter (Hi Holly! :wave ). It's great to see you here.

Yes, for the bit torrent site you need to sign up separately. If you have any trouble downloading the Cotillion show, just ask. ;)

The expession on Holly's face as Jeff was singing to her was so precious. I have rarely seen such a pure, beautific smile. Welcome to VC, Whistle Song.

Yvon, oceanman usually has his arms around people too frequently for them to be swaying and waving. All of us did the oceanman wave and sway far more than he did. :lol