Tweedy in Milwaukee

wow, what a fantastic show!! The Pabst Theater is thee most gorgeous theater in the country I think. I've traveled all around the country going to shows and this place is definately at the top. Maybe the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville, but damn...amazing acoustics.

So, check this out. The idiot "Whoo'er" was sitting exactly in front of me in the second balcony on the right side (that's if your looking at the stage). I so wanted to fuckin' bash him over the head and his buddy next to him. They were not frat boys, they were guys roughly my age around 30. For one thing, I can't believe they sell cans, silo cans to be exact to people so they can drop them on the floor or crush them to make loud noise at this place. I mean it's a great deal, $3 bucks for a PBR and Shiner Bock (love that). These two guys were talking loud like it was a rock concert or something and then crushing cans and making stupid comments all throughout the show. The guy that was "whooing" tried to sing to the songs. man was it annoying. thankfully by the end of the show he wore out and actually tried to apologize to jeff, but it wasn't sincere at all what so ever. he was wasted and so was his friend.

besides all that crap. i guess i sat in the wrong area. what's even funnier is there was 5 of us, 4 tickets in one section and one ticket in this section with this guy. i traded my ticket so i could sit alone, but i got screwed on that deal however...this seat was a lot closer than the other 4.

fantastic show. saw him in madison last year, blew me away. i actually thought that show was a lot longer. this show seemed short, but it was packed with some great songs. thank you to the taper and i hope he can get it out to us as soon as he can.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This show was phenomenal. The only thing I regret is not buying one of the posters. I was lazy and thought I’d get it after the show, but obviously they sold out. Oh well. If anyone happened to buy an extra I’d love to buy it off you! E-mail or PM me if you happen to have one.

I really loved that new song "There's a light". It was pretty simple and nothing remarkably original but I still absolutely loved it. One of the other highlights for me was "Sunken Treasure". When he sang "I am so!" and then paused, and you hear nothing but silence, it is so powerful.

I could watch him sing for 6 hours straight and not get bored. And especially at the Pabst Theater.

wow, what a fantastic show!! The Pabst Theater is thee most gorgeous theater in the country I think. I've traveled all around the country going to shows and this place is definately at the top. Maybe the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville, but damn...amazing acoustics.

I totally agree...

Very close to the SQ of the Auditorium, but far more intimate.

So, check this out. The idiot "Whoo'er" was sitting exactly in front of me in the second balcony on the right side (that's if your looking at the stage). I so wanted to fuckin' bash him over the head and his buddy next to him.

Was that the same a-hole who SCREAMED out "let's go PACKERS!!"???

to which Jeff replied, "you are in the wrong place pal" or something to that effect...

thank you to the taper and i hope he can get it out to us as soon as he can.
YES!! TIA to the taper, and I promise to seed for a few days at least!!

I had a great time, and a VERY long weekend with between my cousin's wedding, Bears tickets, and then a road trip to Milwaukee.

I am off to get some sleep. It was good seeing some of you...

I believe I spotted some familiar faces right at the bottom of the stairs in front of the theater after the show.

I didn't stop to try to gain any introductions because I doubt very many would remember my screen name.

I haven't been around here as much since the majority of the activity on the boards went a little too "myspace lite" for my tastes.

I do miss the conversations about the shows... and I promise to play nice

I haven't been around here as much since the majority of the activity on the boards went a little too "myspace lite" for my tastes.

I do miss the conversations about the shows... and I promise to play nice

Don't be a stranger.... It is still like that but easily avoidable if you wish :yes

It had a snake charmer holding a cobra with a full hood... It was quite nice.

Same as the Urbana show :dontgetit think they would of changed it up.Still a great poster!

You got the same poster,but a better setlist!

Was the fratboy wearing greek letters or a toga or is that just what we call guys who drink and yell things at shows?

Sounds like a good setlist. Screen Door would be cool to hear to say you have, but I've never really thought much of it. Not bad for a young songwriter, but I would rather hear Wait Up or maybe Fatal Wound.

I really loved that new song "There's a light". It was pretty simple and nothing remarkably original but I still absolutely loved it.

The song is actually called 'What Light'. Tweedy played it after my request....but, I'm guessing he was planning to play it anyway.

I noticed that he switched up the lyrics from the last version that I listened to. Now the chorus is something like..."There's a light, what light. There's a light, that light. There's a light, white light, inside of you."

What Light makes me smile :D

what a great job. man i wish i had the skills to do that. i would love to just photograph concerts at venues every day for the rest of my life. how do i get a job like that?

there was a girl that kept coming down and sitting on the steps taking pictures by me. i know part of her name had "nicole" in it because i saw her press badge. that's all i remember. lol. a couple guinesses in me. yummy.

Amazing shots. Sounds like a fabulous show. Hope Jeff will enjoy some well deserved R&R for a bit here...

That venue is really something...looking back at some of the other photos on the link, there's a great one from Nels/Glenn's show (in July) where Glenn is shaving off his mustache? LOL :D

(Yay for the Calexico shots too...) ;)

• 3 months later...
warner, you're the best. ive been waitin for this one

Ditto. :cheers

Unfortunately, I've curbed my trading to such a degree that I don't bother with BT. I'll have to wait for somebody to help me out with an old-fashioned trade or B&P, but I can be patient a little while longer.

• 2 months later...