Tweedy in Milwaukee

Brilliant show tonight. I don't think I could have imagined a better setlist. Box Full of Letters made a surprise appearance, Dreamer in My Dreams blew me away, and the highlight was almost shedding a tear during Sunken Treasure. Jeff was in top form as far as bantar goes. I was SO happy he put that asshole fratboy "WHOO"-er in his place at the end of the show. I was in the front row and estatically happy....

.....until security confiscated my camera after Not for the Season because I was supposedly taking a video. So, later in the show, the gave it back to me, except the memory card was cracked clean apart. Many, many, many pictures were lost, very few of them from the show, and security gave me the runaround after the show. An otherwise spectacular night marred by assumptions.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Box Full of Letters made a surprise appearance

Box Full of Letters????!!!!!

:cryin

Sad, but so happy for those in the audience..... If anyone recorded and can pass on an mp3, I would be so very happy!

Dreamer in My Dreams was such an amazing surprise. But then again, so was Screen Door and Lost Love. Best set list I've ever seen him do solo...and as far as the shit head frat boy, I too was pleased that JT put him in his place...and with such humor and wit. Whoever that taper is...dood prime spot!

Amazingly awesome show. :wub

Setlist:

Someone Else's Song

Sunken Treasure

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (with Pat's ghost lending piano help)

Lost Love

song from Zamboni Man ("Lullaby for Rafters and Beams"?)

The Ruling Class

(Was I) In Your Dreams

Box Full of Letters

Blasting Fonda

Bob Dylan's Beard

We've Been Had (!!!!)

Someday Soon

new song - "Be patient with me"

Radio King

Laminated Cat

DREAMER IN MY DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, Etc.

What Light

ELT

Screen Door (!!! ... okay, you get the point)

Theologians

Walken

I'm the Man Who Loves You

I could not have created a better setlist myself. I had such a great time. Oh, and if anyone happens to have an extra poster that they would like to sell me, I would love you forever. My one regret is that I didn't notice them until they were gone.

SOOOO glad we made the trek up for this show. Sounded great. Solid setlist. (Dreamer in my dreams!!!) Lots of quality banter.

I talked to the taper before the show. He was fifth row center...said that he would post on Via. (But that it might take him some time due to a backlog of shows.)

And Pat's "ghost" playing piano in the wings was funny as hell!

Someone Else's Song

Sunken Treasure

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (with Pat's ghost lending piano help)

Lost Love

song from Zamboni Man ("Lullaby for Rafters and Beams"?)

The Ruling Class

(Was I) In Your Dreams

Box Full of Letters

Blasting Fonda

Bob Dylan's Beard

We've Been Had (!!!!)

Someday Soon

new song - "Be patient with me"

Radio King

Laminated Cat

DREAMER IN MY DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, Etc.

What Light

ELT

Screen Door (!!! ... okay, you get the point)

Theologians

Walken

I'm the Man Who Loves You

:dancing Wow!

Ghost piano:

Autumn Defense opened and they had a Steinway piano on stage which Pat Sansone was playing. They rolled it off to the side of the stage. While Jeff was playing Im Trying To Break Your Heart, if you were close enough, you could barely hear the piano part being played off in the distance. Jeff noticed and seemed startled in a way, he turned his head to his left and smiled when he saw Pat backstage fingering the keys. jeff stopped playing for a bit and Pat played the piano part of the song. Jeff incorporated the lyrics "pat is trying to break My heart."

afer the song, jeff bowed to pat. it was a classic moment because it surprised everyone since you couldnt see Pat.

it was a great show, near full crowd, respectful audience, except WOOHOO guy in balcony (i think he was baiting jeff, he wanted to get a response, certain people want to hear Tweedy go off on someone)

Tweedy was in good shape, good setlist. I liked hearing the new songs especially Lullabys..Hearing all the Being There tunes especially Dreamer in my Dreams was great, it reminded me of the Wilco 8 years ago when they jammed Dreamer.

someone next to the stage requested Too Far Apart where Jeff replied "yes we are too far apart."

Also, someone near the stage asked "how's your foot?" which surprised Jeff. "its fine, how's yours? is that a Milwaukee thing? How's your foot?"

the audience member mentioned to jeff that at summerfest he was wearing a cast. "it wasnt for my foot, but that' s none of your business." tweedy brought back the "how's your foot?" comment later in the show to use as a replacement for the cliched "having a good time?" question to crowd.

Ghost piano:

Autumn Defense opened and they had a Steinway piano on stage which Pat Sansone was playing. They rolled it off to the side of the stage. While Jeff was playing Im Trying To Break Your Heart, if you were close enough, you could barely hear the piano part being played off in the distance. Jeff noticed and seemed startled in a way, he turned his head to his left and smiled when he saw Pat backstage fingering the keys. jeff stopped playing for a bit and Pat played the piano part of the song. Jeff incorporated the lyrics "pat is trying to break My heart."

afer the song, jeff bowed to pat. it was a classic moment because it surprised everyone since you couldnt see Pat.

I was in the fourth row and had a great view of the wings on stage left. As soon as the piano playing stopped, Pat emerged looking like he got his hand caught in the cookie jar. Jeff gestured for him to keep playing and Pat dashed back to the piano, which was out of sight behind the curtains, and finished the song. It was hilarious. I think Pat just couldn't help himself! :D

screen door...wow

I watched Sunken Treasure last night...I love how that dvd is put together from 4 different show's...but anyways, there is a scene where JT is putting together his setlist from a list of songs and I guess his road manager or someone points at a song and they both start laughing and he says "you don't play that song" as they laugh...wonder if its screen door? or what song it was.

...I love how that dvd is put together from 4 different show's...but anyways, there is a scene where JT is putting together his setlist from a list of songs and I guess his road manager or someone points at a song and they both start laughing and he says "you don't play that song" as they laugh...wonder if its screen door? or what song it was.

That was Scott McCaughey of the Minus Five.

These solo shows sound great. I'd love to hear "Lullaby for Rafters and Beams" live. Maybe Wilco will perform it some day. To capture the sound of the soundtrack version, Glenn can invent an instrument that makes the sound of skates on ice.