Tweedy in Milwaukee

Jeff did appear to have a song list on his stool next to his harmonica, but he also took at least 3-4 requests from the audience ... it was too much of a coincidence that he played Bob Dylan's Beard, Lost Love and Screen Door right after well timed requests for those songs. Overall a great show!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds amazing!

i'd be jealous, but i figure that would be selfish, seeing that i got to see jeff the other night and most of the rest of the country didn't get a show in their area.

great to see lots of rarities mixed in!

Jeff made an appearance outside the Papst about 15 min after the show. He signed a few items (a poster for me, a guitar pick which he just put an asterisk, and somebodys wallet???). I didn't waste much of his time just got my poster signed, got a handshake, and told him I loved the set.

The set was amazing and though there were songs that I wanted to hear and didn't, I honestly don't know what song I would replace them with. Lost Love, Box full of Letters, Laminated Cat, Dreamer in My Dreams, and Screen Door were awesome. and if your're wondering where We've been Had came from, it was this guy in the fourth row. Thank you Jeff.

really incredible show...great theater, good crowd (for the most part), and a fantastic setlist. pat's 'accompaniment' was fun...this show seemed way longer than friday's for some reason (even though it really wasnt), maybe because he waited longer to take his encore break. i cant get over the setlist...i know its repetitive, but dreamer in my dreams? box full of letters? screen door? so awesome. he picked the perfect songs for the environment..very mellow, very intimate, and at some points pretty emotional..loved it! a really awesome night all around

ps, way to get a good spot, warner..cant wait for your recording! :thumbup

This show needs to be posted. Veeerrry soon.

Also, how'd Jeff go off on the frat-boy. What'd he say?

He was nice about it, but definitely got his point across. Said that he showed "great restraint" toward the frat boy (who happened to be on the other side of the balcony from me). Then went on to say that he appreciated the enthusiasm, but the guy went beyond the enthusiasm point that made things uncomfortable. It was humorous and not angry, the crowd roared after he was finished, and that's all that was needed.

Jeff made an appearance outside the Papst about 15 min after the show. He signed a few items (a poster for me, a guitar pick which he just put an asterisk, and somebodys wallet???). I didn't waste much of his time just got my poster signed, got a handshake, and told him I loved the set.

The set was amazing and though there were songs that I wanted to hear and didn't, I honestly don't know what song I would replace them with. Lost Love, Box full of Letters, Laminated Cat, Dreamer in My Dreams, and Screen Door were awesome. and if your're wondering where We've been Had came from, it was this guy in the fourth row. Thank you Jeff.

Were you also the guy that kept yelling "Hoodoo" ???

Am I alone in thinking that would have near ruined this perfect set?

Wow! What a great show Jeff put on! (also John and Pat were very good I thought). I can't really add anything, I'll just echo everyone else about the wonderful setlist........what really makes a solo show so great though is Jeff's witty banter and way with the crowd, of course the singing and playing are first-rate too.... :) but that's a given... He's really a master at it.

We just got home cause we stayed the night (just cause we felt like it), but it was a 150 mile trip one way, so very well worth every mile though .. :thumbup

Wow! What a great show Jeff put on! (also John and Pat were very good I thought). I can't really add anything, I'll just echo everyone else about the wonderful setlist........what really makes a solo show so great though is Jeff's witty banter and way with the crowd, of course the singing and playing are first-rate too.... :) but that's a given... He's really a master at it.

We just got home cause we stayed the night (just cause we felt like it), but it was a 150 mile trip one way, so very well worth every mile though .. :thumbup

Joyce?!? :cheekkiss

screen door...wow

I watched Sunken Treasure last night...I love how that dvd is put together from 4 different show's...but anyways, there is a scene where JT is putting together his setlist from a list of songs and I guess his road manager or someone points at a song and they both start laughing and he says "you don't play that song" as they laugh...wonder if its screen door? or what song it was.

That was Scott McCaughey of the Minus Five.

and the song in question was "Hillbilly Drummer Girl", which is one of Scott's songs.

everytime I look at this setlist, I just keep shaking my head. :no

I keep figuring last night could not have been true, keep pinching myslef to wake up. Everything from the completely flawless set, incredible theatre (first time there) and now I'm spoiled, to the great crowd (and it really was despite the 1 guy, but even with him, at any other Tweedy show there would have been several of that same guy..... the cherry on the sundae was having the opportunity to meet Jeff after the show and thank him for his music and that set we just witnessed. Minus the Kawasaki benefit at the Vic where the rest of Wilco sans Nels showed up, I don't think I'll ever have a more memorable Tweedy concert experience in my life. I threw out a Laminated Cat request hioping for the best with Jeff obliging on a few other requests.... what a phenomonal way to end the regualr set. Everything about this show was absolutely perfect.

Amazingly awesome show. :wub

Setlist:

Someone Else's Song

Sunken Treasure

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart (with Pat's ghost lending piano help)

Lost Love

song from Zamboni Man ("Lullaby for Rafters and Beams"?)

The Ruling Class

(Was I) In Your Dreams

Box Full of Letters

Blasting Fonda

Bob Dylan's Beard

We've Been Had (!!!!)

Someday Soon

new song - "Be patient with me"

Radio King

Laminated Cat

DREAMER IN MY DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, Etc.

What Light

ELT

Screen Door (!!! ... okay, you get the point)

Theologians

Walken

I'm the Man Who Loves You

I could not have created a better setlist myself. I had such a great time. Oh, and if anyone happens to have an extra poster that they would like to sell me, I would love you forever. My one regret is that I didn't notice them until they were gone.

I have an extra poster from the Milwaukee show. It is numbered #36/100. It was $20 if you are still interested.

I apologize if anyone has mentioned this, but Jeff mentioned that his kid will be "Abraham Bling-coln" for Halloween. Apparently he is going to dress up as Lincoln, but have a ton of fake jewelry on.

-todd

Now that's funny

and the song in question was "Hillbilly Drummer Girl", which is one of Scott's songs.

Or so we assume.

I also wanted to second all of the remarks about requests last night. People were tossing them out and Jeff honored a ton of them. Acutally, "Box Full of Letters" was played in response to someone's request for "What's the World Got in Store". Jeff was like "How about ..." and then began "Box" instead. :)