• What Light
    • Let's Fight
    • Let's Not get Carried Away
    • Either Way
    • Impossible Germany
    • Side With The Seeds
    • Lullaby for Rafters and dreams
    • Patient With Me

What about "Is That the Thanks I Get?" - I would have voted for that one.

Didn't Jeff already say that that one wouldn't be on the album? Kind of a shame cuz I like it. Maybe they'll keep it around as a concert staple. The obvious choice off that list seems to be "On & On (& On & On, etc)", but maybe that one has undergone some changes behind closed doors since they debuted it.

Who cares, I'm just ready for some new Wilco. Leak already, dangit!! :P

What about "Is That the Thanks I Get?" - I would have voted for that one.

I was watching a live version of that on YouTube last night and thinking that it might not really fit on a Wilco album, which makes sense since he wrote it for someone else. I guess time will tell.

of course, "Is This The Thanks I Get?" isn't supposed to be on the new record, according to what Jeff said at the one show. didn't he say it would be on the one after that?

also, I spoke to Jeff a couple of weeks ago and he said it was a good possibility that "On & On & On" would be on the next record. i'm glad too.

-justin

also, I spoke to Jeff a couple of weeks ago and he said it was a good possibility that "On & On & On" would be on the next record. i'm glad too.

Hopefully they re-worked it. The previous version sounded very, very bland (but it did have a lot of potential).

Because it goes on and on and on (Ahaha. Haha.) without getting anywhere. It's a five minute cock-tease of a song.

That song title (and the delivery that follows) is like a nice gift-wrapped present to Pitchfork. :monkey

I don't totally dislike the song, but it does kind of tend to go "on and on" without really getting anywhere. Who knows, maybe it has been spiderized in the studio. I'm thinking it could work nicely as a peppy ska rave-up. :lol

At this point I'm pretty pleased with myself for resisting listening to the new stuff. All I've heard from the list above is "Walken" and the solo version of "What Light". The SBS release is gonna be way more exciting than AGIB was for me.

Although I'm sure after I've had the album for a few weeks, I'll be clammoring to collect all these earlier live versions floating around.

meh i rekon the new ones have sounded bland except maybe impossible germany, the others i cant seem to get into them,

oh well i hope its still a bloody good album what ever songs are on it

On and On and On is a billion times better than Let's Fight

I love "Let's Fight" and will be super pissed if it doesn't make the cut. But since they only played it live a few times, I'm not optimistic. "Let's Fight" would make a better single than the southern rock/prog hybrids which need a few listens or more.

I've not listened to a new song since November...I'm banning myself.

But from the handful of times I listened, Side With the Seeds might be my favorite...and the one that sounded the most "soulful", as Jeff has said the new album might sound like.

And I, too, am a fan of Let's Fight.