^ yeah thats the right order. plus the UK version will have

14. Nobody Listens to Silence

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strawberry Wine- I dislike that song also.

It is somewhat discombobulated - like American Star N Bars. He does seem to mix and match old and new songs somewhat - like Neil does.

You meant to say 29 - you always skip that song because of the music.

I snagged a song called Words last night - it was on the Elizabethtown soundtrack.

My only complaint is that it is going to be hard for me to get use to the new versions of "Hey There Miss Lovely" and "Off Broadway". Still trying to get used to the redone version of "For Beth" at the end of Cold Roses 2 years later...

Thats my only snag too. Everytime These Girls comes on I'm singing the lyrics to Mrs Lovely in my head. It gets very confusing!

29 is EASILY Ryan's weakest full length album for me... easily

Me too, but the one song that I freakin' love, which puts me at odds with nearly everyone else is 'The Sadness'. Aside from the whole mariachi 'yelp' - that song kicks butt. 'Carolina Rain' and 'Starlite Diner' are also great, but to me the other songs are much better in the live setting.

Me too, but the one song that I freakin' love, which puts me at odds with nearly everyone else is 'The Sadness'. Aside from the whole mariachi 'yelp' - that song kicks butt. 'Carolina Rain' and 'Starlite Diner' are also great, but to me the other songs are much better in the live setting.

yeah, i would like Sadness way more w/o that yelp too

also... after about 10 listens, i'm not that big on Rip Off either... thankfully it's short.

actually a lot of these songs are crazy short, i'm sure they'll be way longer live.

i havent heard this record yet but am dissapointed that it isnt jammier. i LOVED that Henry Rollins show performance and would love to hear an epic, jammy, Ryan record (jammier than CR which is imo, ryan's best record to date). either way am i still pumped to go home and oink this tonight.

I am a huge fan, but I am not getting all the praise this is receiving. I am really disappointed with this disc. I hope it grows on me but I am not feeling it. I don't like the "clean" production or his singing. I heard live versions of these songs from a recent show and his voice sounded much better live. He sounds like he's faking it on this disc. The overall sound to me is so sterle.

Plus I think the lyrics are territory he has coverved much better in his back catelog. These songs sound like Ryan throwaways to me.

I sure hope this grows on me like 29 did. I'd even say I like that one better at this point!