• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my hopes up until I listened to the songs on myspace. "Halloween Head," especially.

http://www.plan9music.com/Item/5302100139

can listen to 30 second clips of the record there

hey thanks for this link, just listened, and it all sounds pretty great.

i've been a sideline fan of ryan adams for several years now. the last album i bought was gold and thought it was pretty good, if just a touch uneven. a couple of buddies of mine are pretty into him, so i get a lot of news and stuff from them about him.

i'm looking forward to this one, though.

I actually really love Halloween Head - its just meant to be a bit of fun - tounge firmly in cheek. I also think its a really strong vocal by Ryan too especially in the last chorus.

haha yeah i think it might be. i must admit i was slightly baffled when i first heard it - but soon learned to love it. out of the four or five songs ive heard off the record its one of my favourites for sure.

Halloween Head is a decent song with a dumb name/chorus, that's all.

a bad song with a dumb name/chorus/lyrics/melody/everything. I seriously dislike everything about it...

has there been an answer to this that I didn't see?

I didn't grab it from SoulSeek. I just know it is on there in 160kbs only.

I remember from reading a post by RA on his website of all the slang him and the Cards use, as I recall, a Halloween Head is a pretty happenin dude. I'll see if I can dig it up.

edit:

1. HalloweenHead.

A fan of The Cardinals music. stoner. outcast. someone who doesn't know what kind of mood they are in. Not sponsored by Bud Lite or collecting girls or guys numbers during a quiet breakdown. usually are laid back and engage in mellow conversation with band members when seen in arcades or getting food. Don't ask for shit when people are eating. not gravity challenged but reality challenged. also known as Bed-Heads, or Chandler Bings.

a bad song with a dumb name/chorus/lyrics/melody/everything. I seriously dislike everything about it...

I didn't grab it from SoulSeek. I just know it is on there in 160kbs only.

musically it's not that bad, in fact i kinda dig the melody... reminds me of a track on Strangers

I remember from reading a post by RA on his website of all the slang him and the Cards use, as I recall, a Halloween Head is a pretty happenin dude. I'll see if I can dig it up.

edit:

1. HalloweenHead.

A fan of The Cardinals music. stoner. outcast. someone who doesn't know what kind of mood they are in. Not sponsored by Bud Lite or collecting girls or guys numbers during a quiet breakdown. usually are laid back and engage in mellow conversation with band members when seen in arcades or getting food. Don't ask for shit when people are eating. not gravity challenged but reality challenged. also known as Bed-Heads, or Chandler Bings.

In the context of the song, I understand that term to mean he has desires to return to what he is describing in the song going on around him.

Here comes that shit again

I got a Halloween head

Head full of tricks and treats

It leads me through the nighttime streets

Black cats and fallen trees

Under ladders - always walkin

I like Halloween Head, I think the rhythm guitars sound fucking massive and ballsy. The melody is catchy. The lyrics aren't anything off Blonde on Blonde but they're not bad, which is alright cause the song isn't really about the lyrics. And Ryan's vocal performance is really good. Especially when he yells out "what the fucks with me God??" near the end.

this is out there now.

a clue as to where would help! :pirate

apart from soulseek that is. i noticed on oink someone upped a version but it got deleted immediately as it was 160kbps.