• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Ryan, but this is kinda crappy, imo.

The lyrics on all the songs that weren't rescued from leaked demos from years ago are really bad, and to top that off, he has a tendency to force too many words in where they don't fit. The arrangements are really nice, but the production sounds totally adult-con.

having heard the actual record now, the 128kbps m4a rip going around sounds pretty tinny comparatively, just an fyi.

interesting. i was wondering whether the tinny sound was because of the 128 rip or not. I've not bothered grabbing it off oink (though its been down all day) - think I'm just gonna stick with my 128 until I get the disc through.

whoever doesn't like "Rip Off" is an insane, retarded midget that molests poodles....it's one of his best songs of all-time!

meh.

disagree.

the lyrics aren't very good, and i don't really like his vocals on it either. the chorus melody is really meandering/dull for me.

has anyone listened to the oink version? if so, how's the quality? it has stayed up all day, but i'm still scared.

if it came from the same version i was referring to above, which is highly likely, then yeah, it's legit

I listened to this (the VO version that leaked at OiNK last night) 5 times at least today.

It's probably my favorite thing he's done as a solo artist, or certainly on par with Heartbreaker or Cold Roses.

"Everybody Knows" and "The Sun Also Sets" are among the best things he's ever written to my ears - "there it is" part of "The Sun Also Sets", especially. I got chills when I heard it for the first time on the Kingston tape a few weeks ago.

I listened to this (the VO version that leaked at OiNK last night) 5 times at least today.

It's probably my favorite thing he's done as a solo artist, or certainly on par with Heartbreaker or Cold Roses.

"Everybody Knows" and "The Sun Also Sets" are among the best things he's ever written to my ears - "there it is" part of "The Sun Also Sets", especially. I got chills when I heard it for the first time on the Kingston tape a few weeks ago.

There are certainly some heavy emotions on this album.

I gave it a few listens last night.

Overall I dig the album. I would say only "Two Hearts" is the weakness, maybe "Off Broadway" at least IMO.

"The Sun Also Sets" is beautiful. I love "Pearls" and "Everybody Knows". "Tears of Gold"

is one hellava great "country tune" which XM12 I bet will move into their rotation.

Even the much talked about "Halloween Head" seems to work for me. Well placed on the album.

He has a tendency to force too many words in where they don't fit.

I guess you're referring to 'Goodnight Rose'?

Anyway, I freakin' dig that. Kinda makes me want to pick the song up and slap anybody in the face who says that all the guy does is sing generic songs. Who else tries to put 125 syllables into a 60 syllable sentence not every time, but just once in a song?!? (He did the same in 'The End' from Jacksonville City Nights)

I have to say that I don't like the new version of "Off Broadway". Did Ryan sing this in a weird key to try to get them to release Suicide Handbook?

It's similar to what he did with "Caterwaul" when it was finally recorded, minus all the noise and uh, Parker Posey. The version of that on bootlegs from the Heartbreaker tour are deadly.