I was going to post this also, having just read it.

nice article. it seems odd to see him referred to as 'mr. adams' though... :lol
It's the NY times..it is a style thing....

i thought this article explained alot about his behavior, although TG seems to think the substance abuse continued through Lollapalooza last year where he seemed rather out of it. Glad he made it through. Perhaps better days (and records) are ahead.

LouieB

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours until his show at the Cedar!

I can't believe the prices tickets to this show are going for.

How can people sell tickets for this show since there were no tickets printed? I thought day of show you had to show the purchasing Credit Card and then you received a wristband to get in.

they sold hard tickets...

fantastic (albeit a bit short (85 min) show tonight in Mpls...

full band acoustic, Ryan just sang all night, no instruments (because of his hand). easily the tighest and most focused musically that i've ever seen him out of 5 shows since '01:

Goodnight Rose

Dear John

Oh My God, Whatever, Etc.

Halloween Head

Nightbirds

My Winding Wheel

The Sun Also Sets

Let It Ride

Blue Hotel

How Do You Keep Love Alive?

Carolina Rain

Rip Off

Goodnight, Hollywood Blvd.

I Taught Myself How To Grow Old

Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part

Two

Starlite Diner

Fake Encore:

I See Monsters

oh he was still plenty goofy a few times between songs (awww Snap!), but he kept it to a minimum for the most part. his story about the entire plain munching on pizzaria Combo's was pretty funny.

he wore sun glasses for a good portion of the show, which was amusing considering how dark he had the lighting guy turn down the lights :lol

oh he was still plenty goofy a few times between songs (awww Snap!), but he kept it to a minimum for the most part. his story about the entire plain munching on pizzaria Combo's was pretty funny.

he wore sun glasses for a good portion of the show, which was amusing considering how dark he had the lighting guy turn down the lights :lol

yea, he had those on when i recently saw him at the bbc and koko here in the UK. i reckon it is because he had his book of lyrics on a stand in front of him and didn't want to be too obvious that he was reading from them. he also kept taking them off inbetween songs, so i think it was just to hide himself if he needed to use the book...

sounds like last night was a great show, hope everyone had a geat time! the tunes, new and old, sound incredible with the current 'acoustic' set-up, especially goodnight rose, dear john, oh my god whatever and i see monsters. :dancing

Awesome show, I liked the setting and the sound was pretty good. I have to admit Ryan was singing his guts out and his range has seemed to improve since his "sobriety". Or maybe it's the Gatorade. Anyway am I the only one to notice that the guy need's to have something in his hands at all times, he seem's lost without a guitar, or it's the ADD.

"just pretend Danzig walked in"

I have the same pair as him I laughed really hard when I saw he was wearin them on the french tv show.

i taught myself how to grow old, goodnight rose, the sun also sets were amazing last night. the 'be suuuure' part in the sun also sets gave me chills last night.

i am also starting to like halloween head. the acoustic version is cool.

im seeing them a week from friday in Boston, is this whole tour acoustic or will i be getting some electric tunes? i would be happy either way but would like to hear some of the electric stuff as well, also, how long is ryan's hand going to be out for?

This album took a bit of time to grow on me, but it has now completely clicked and I am loving it. Even Halloween Head.

I am liking all fo it except Halloween Head. Anybody ever hear the old b-side called, Hey There Mrs. Lovely? It's exactly the same song (tune) as These Girls, only the words are 90% different and a million times better.

Anyway, I could PM or post a link when I get home from work for those who haven't heard it.