• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me too :dancing

they had posters of it up at the Mpls show, it looks tasty :music

me too...music direct mentioned something about a lithograph and a dvd coming with the orange vinyl...any idea what that is?

Jun 26, 2007 8:10 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery ALEXANDRIA, VA

Stokered

i havent heard anything from music direct yet but did notice they charged my bank account yesterday...is that where you ordered from? i hope this comes soon

me too...music direct mentioned something about a lithograph and a dvd coming with the orange vinyl...any idea what that is?

i havent heard anything from music direct yet but did notice they charged my bank account yesterday...is that where you ordered from? i hope this comes soon

that's where I ordered from, but I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.

Guest Rufer
that's where I ordered from, but I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.

I got mine from acousitcsounds.com . I don't think I'm getting any extras though. I ordered Friday. I think if I would have thought to order earlier I would have received it before the release date. It seems to have just worked out that I'm getting it today.

I hear ya. The songs are there. I just think the album would have been better if the songs were recorded live in the studio, with one or two takes and minimum overdubs like Roses or JCN. I'm really suprised how much I prefer listening to the tunes during the Kingston show compaired to how they sound on EZT1GR. That being said, I've only listened to EZT1GR once, compaired to the 50+ times I've listened to the Kingston show.....I'm sure the album will grow on me.

actually from the interviews i've listened to and read, it sounds like this one WAS recorded mostly live with minimal overdubs... :unsure

but it doesn't really matter how it was recorded, "overproduction" or what's being perceived as such in this case has more to do with how the album was mixed more than anything.

i think this record is awesome

i think Halloween head is a great song

this record is not better than heartbreaker or cold roses but i would say its equally as good as jacksonville...which is pretty good

ryan is the man...i hope this record does well for him and he doesnt do anymore heroin etc.

Agreed, especially on Halloweenhead. It's not a musical revelation or anything, but damn is it fun and catchy. (And amazingly it's been almost 12 hours since I've listened to it.)

So, um, Wilco at Warsaw blew me away. I am sure Ryan at Hiro would've been sweet too, but Wilco at Warsaw could not have been topped. Pierogies.

Sad I missed Ryan at Hiro, but not that sad anymore. Anyone here catch his show? I guess I should check After the Show.

this record is not better than heartbreaker or cold roses but i would say its equally as good as jacksonville...which is pretty good

ryan is the man...i hope this record does well for him and he doesnt do anymore heroin etc.

I completely agree with you on this.

i'd be concerned if Pfork gave a post Heartbreaker Ryan Adams record above an 8 anyhow...

i feel the same.

the only way Pitchfork would give him above 7 something (i think) is if he takes a totally left field turn and does some experimental noise record. even then, they'd prob say he was copying "x" band.

interesting that Cold Roses is so highly regarded now. i could be wrong, but i don't remember it being hailed too much on release (just looked up 69 avg on Metacritic - lower than Jack (72) and tied with 29).

i've had the leaked copy, but just purchased this disc because i like to have tangible music and i feel this way:

I got my LP today, it came with the DVD, but they jipped me on the lithograph

did music direct give you any sort of shipping notice or did it just show up? and what sort of dvd is it? i hope this comes tomorrow