• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets are on the brown truck!

Best news I received in my inbox this morning. I was starting to sweat it. Louisville tix came earlier this week. G-town

to arrive Monday and Tuesday I hit the road. Commissary is where I'll be pre-show.

anyone interested in Ryan needs to download the Manchester show right now and take a listen to this. What an amazing voice.

Anyone want to put this up (again)? I had it at one time, but a computer issue has rendered it unavailable :(

My girlfriend is the greatest. She really isn't into music but likes Ryan Adams since I have turned her onto him. She heard "Two" and asked me if it was "harder now that it's over" with different words. I love that girl. So there's independent confirmation that it's the same song.

"two" makes me sleepy. Probably the only song I don't like on the new album. It's not that it's a bad song per se, just boring to me. I'm always looking to see what hook Ryan will throw in or which persona/voice will be singing, and there's just nothing of interest in that one for me.

"two" makes me sleepy. Probably the only song I don't like on the new album. It's not that it's a bad song per se, just boring to me. I'm always looking to see what hook Ryan will throw in or which persona/voice will be singing, and there's just nothing of interest in that one for me.

Quitcher bitchin'.

you don't like Two, but like Halloweenhead?

it's interesting he said that he wanted to bring Sheryl's voice up in the mix since it's barely audible.

you don't like Two, but like Halloweenhead?

it's interesting he said that he wanted to bring Sheryl's voice up in the mix since it's barely audible.

yep.

I think the lyrics on halloweenhead are laughable, but with headphones on and the right mixture in the brain, I enjoy the matched guitar solo. The rest of the song I could live without, although as usual ryan puts some nice little singing stylings in there...

yep.

I think the lyrics on halloweenhead are laughable, but with headphones on and the right mixture in the brain, I enjoy the matched guitar solo. The rest of the song I could live without, although as usual ryan puts some nice little singing stylings in there...

Has Ryan talked about the song in any interviews?

It seems like his attempt at a radio friendly rock song a la Weezer's "Beverly Hills."

The irony is that the profanity and odd subject matter will prevent that from happening.

I imagine he came up with it just fooling around in the same manner that he writes all the joke rap songs that he posts on his site.

It sticks out like a sore thumb on the album to me. Seems more like a b-side/bonus track.

It finally happened: On what would've been my third Ryan show last evening, at approx. one hour after the doors to the venue were scheduled to have opened, ushers announced to the crowd that Ryan's plane had been delayed and the the performance for the evening was cancelled.

While it was probably something benign and simple like mechanical difficulties I can't help feeling disappointed since I was really looking forward to hearing the new material live. Also kinda feel as if I'm a member of the collective of concert goers out there who've experienced this kinda thing due to a myriad of circumstances connected with Ryan over the years.

Hope you peeps have better luck at the upcoming gigs: Hoping for a re-schedule in Sept.

It finally happened: On what would've been my third Ryan show last evening, at approx. one hour after the doors to the venue were scheduled to have opened, ushers announced to the crowd that Ryan's plane had been delayed and the the performance for the evening was cancelled.

While it was probably something benign and simple like mechanical difficulties I can't help feeling disappointed since I was really looking forward to hearing the new material live. Also kinda feel as if I'm a member of the collective of concert goers out there who've experienced this kinda thing due to a myriad of circumstances connected with Ryan over the years.

Hope you peeps have better luck at the upcoming gigs: Hoping for a re-schedule in Sept.

I feel ya, man. I drove four hours (shoulda been three, but traffic was awful), only to have to turn around and go right back home. :ohwell

jimmy jimmy, some news for ya in this post.

I left NW Georgia Wednesday morning for Louisville, one hellava show that night....may be better than the 6/29 show. Post show I had the opportunity to share

a few beers with Brad P. and John "Slider". I asked about the night before. They said all the Cards were in town but Ryan was flying in from

NY. There were in fact storms in the area and his flight was delayed. He arrived 2 hours after the show was scheduled to start. I understand they

cancelled once they realized the delay was goin to be over an hour.

I left L-ville Thursday and a made the long boring arse drive to G-Town. Checked in room, went straight to the G-town Commissary for my ribs and Bud then on to the show.

As you may have heard a solid show, though much shorter than L-ville. RA said not a word, etc. Still worth the trip.

Might as well ramble about rest my ramble. Friday morning was yet another visit/tour of Graceland. My tour companion hadn't been before.

After spending too much $$$ on campy EP gifts for friends it was off to Little Rock for the weekend. My first trip to the Rock, you folks near there

have a sweet little river area. Toured the Clinton Library on Saturday as well saw The Bottle Rockets at a neat little club called Sticky Fingerz, The

Chicken Shack. The Shack alone will get me back to LR to see other club level fav band of mine one day soon. All in all a great road trip, just under 1,600 miles

of nothing but Smiles.

The Louisville show is up an archivedotorg and the torrent is still alive at RA Archives. Grabbed it this morning dew.

Hey DawgSong - thanks for that update on what happened at the 7/10 show -- I had read about it the following morning, so before I took off for Louisville 7/11 I called the theater, and they were already loaded in. So off I went. And it was such a great show. I've still got "Magnolia Mountain" running through my head (I especially loved the gorgeous 5-part harmonies on that one). So glad I could grab it from the archives - it's a good one. Man, I can't seem to get enough of RA live these days.

jimmy jimmy, some news for ya in this post.

I left NW Georgia Wednesday morning for Louisville, one hellava show that night....may be better than the 6/29 show. Post show I had the opportunity to share

a few beers with Brad P. and John "Slider". I asked about the night before. They said all the Cards were in town but Ryan was flying in from

NY. There were in fact storms in the area and his flight was delayed. He arrived 2 hours after the show was scheduled to start. I understand they

cancelled once they realized the delay was goin to be over an hour.

See, this is why I love this place.

Thanks for the update man...and glad you had what sounds like a kick-ass time :thumbup

Might as well ramble about rest my ramble. Friday morning was yet another visit/tour of Graceland. My tour companion hadn't been before.

After spending too much $$$ on campy EP gifts for friends it was off to Little Rock for the weekend. My first trip to the Rock, you folks near there

have a sweet little river area. Toured the Clinton Library on Saturday as well saw The Bottle Rockets at a neat little club called Sticky Fingerz, The

Chicken Shack. The Shack alone will get me back to LR to see other club level fav band of mine one day soon. All in all a great road trip, just under 1,600 miles

of nothing but Smiles.

Glad you had fun.

Sticky Fingerz is a blast!