jimmy jimmy, some news for ya in this post.

I left NW Georgia Wednesday morning for Louisville, one hellava show that night....may be better than the 6/29 show. Post show I had the opportunity to share

a few beers with Brad P. and John "Slider". I asked about the night before. They said all the Cards were in town but Ryan was flying in from

NY. There were in fact storms in the area and his flight was delayed. He arrived 2 hours after the show was scheduled to start. I understand they

cancelled once they realized the delay was goin to be over an hour.

I left L-ville Thursday and a made the long boring arse drive to G-Town. Checked in room, went straight to the G-town Commissary for my ribs and Bud then on to the show.

As you may have heard a solid show, though much shorter than L-ville. RA said not a word, etc. Still worth the trip.

Might as well ramble about rest my ramble. Friday morning was yet another visit/tour of Graceland. My tour companion hadn't been before.

After spending too much $$$ on campy EP gifts for friends it was off to Little Rock for the weekend. My first trip to the Rock, you folks near there

have a sweet little river area. Toured the Clinton Library on Saturday as well saw The Bottle Rockets at a neat little club called Sticky Fingerz, The

Chicken Shack. The Shack alone will get me back to LR to see other club level fav band of mine one day soon. All in all a great road trip, just under 1,600 miles

of nothing but Smiles.

The Louisville show is up an archivedotorg and the torrent is still alive at RA Archives. Grabbed it this morning dew.

Did you hear this rumor?

i found out that they did not do an encore, because the band was pissed that GPAC would not let them smoke on stage
  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSA!

for those interested: ryan is playing Leno in like...20 minutes on NBC

edit: they played "two"...sounded really good...was with the acoustic version of the cardinals that Ryan has been touring with recently.

that song is crap. i don't get why people are listening to this new album... he basically said himself that he catered to the label by releasing it, and most of it is middle of the road, adult contemporary crap.

come on, you can't be serious. the album is so glossy, over produced. i would call it many things, and amazing is far from one of them. i'm not some ryan adams hater either. i really love the cardinals. "two" is a total re-write of harder now that its over, as someone else has stated, and that is 10x better. and in the uncut interview, he says how it wasn't at all the album he wanted to make, and that the label give him an idea of what they wanted and that he didn't have any more fight in him, so he did it. this album is just so bland and... well, i can't describe it any better than middle of the road, slick, over produced adult contemporary. tears of gold, pearls on a string, and (oddly) halloween head are the only songs that i really enjoyed... the rest is crap. just because you're a fan doesnt mean you can't acknowledge when they make a shit record. he needs to write good, concise songs with the cardinals and not have them go on for 20 minutes.

come on, you can't be serious. the album is so glossy, over produced. i would call it many things, and amazing is far from one of them . . .

ok, we get it, you don't like the record

he needs to write good, concise songs with the cardinals and not have them go on for 20 minutes.

all of the songs on Easy Tiger are actually quiet short by Ryan's standards... :unsure

but anywho, it's prolly my 4th fave of his solo records honestly...

also, i don't buy that BS about him writing the album to appease the label, cuz he's spoken at LENGTH numerous times about this being the MOST collaborative album he's ever worked on with a group in the studio, even including Whiskeytown...

i've read about 4 interviews w/ ryan concerning the new album. not once has he said this was for the label. he said there were a few songs he can't believe THE BAND liked & wanted on the record. do the cardinals run his record label? ?

Someone explain the difference between a Ryan Adams album and one with Ryan Adams and the Cardinals. Were the Cards not the backing band on Easy Tiger? Am I missing something?

now that much, i think may have been a Lost Highway decision...

my reasoning behind it is, the vinyl is credited as "Ryan Adams and the Cardinals"...

i've read about 4 interviews w/ ryan concerning the new album. not once has he said this was for the label. he said there were a few songs he can't believe THE BAND liked & wanted on the record. do the cardinals run his record label? ?

It was in the New York Times interview. He said he asked the head of the label what songs he liked out of the ones he sent him.

Does anyone know if there's an opening act for this tour? I'm going to see him tomorrow night and wanted to figure out how early I have to get there. The show is listed at 7:30 p.m. and I may not be able to get there that early.

Does anyone know if there's an opening act for this tour? I'm going to see him tomorrow night and wanted to figure out how early I have to get there. The show is listed at 7:30 p.m. and I may not be able to get there that early.

Both shows I've seen (Detroit at the Gem, and Louisville at the Brown) - no opener. Show started pretty close to on time, 10-15 minutes late maybe, so do what you can to get there ASAP.

Hey, scribex6 - we'll be lookin for a report! :) Have a good one! Here's to a nice long encore :cheers

Both shows I've seen (Detroit at the Gem, and Louisville at the Brown) - no opener. Show started pretty close to on time, 10-15 minutes late maybe, so do what you can to get there ASAP.

Hey, scribex6 - we'll be lookin for a report! :) Have a good one! Here's to a nice long encore :cheers

Thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to scramble to get there on time after work. I'll let yu guys know how the show goes.

all of the songs on Easy Tiger are actually quiet short by Ryan's standards... :unsurebut anywho, it's prolly my 4th fave of his solo records honestly...
i was referring to the live shows. his band are great, but the whole 20 minute jams that go on forever thing has gotten quite old.
so it's not possible for someone to actually like the album? thanks for clearing that up.
no problem
also, i don't buy that BS about him writing the album to appease the label, cuz he's spoken at LENGTH numerous times about this being the MOST collaborative album he's ever worked on with a group in the studio, even including Whiskeytown...
just because it was a collaboration doesn't mean he wasn't appeasing the record company.i just can't find much of value in it. the lyrics are very self conscious, like, "ok, this will be the rocker with the goofy lyrics, this will be the sensitive slow song with my quiet voice," etc.

The show I went to said 7:30 and he didn't go on stage until 8:15.

i was referring to the live shows. his band are great, but the whole 20 minute jams that go on forever thing has gotten quite old

I have been listening to and collect many live Ryan shows and have no idea where you got the idea that he ever "jams for 20 minutes". His longest live song may be "What Sin" but even the studio version of that is 9 minutes long.

Now the shows he played with Phil Lesh is a whole different ballgame...