wow, you're gonna make lots of friends here!

if stating the obvious makes me unpopular on here.................so be it.............but regardless I am entitled to say his album Easy Tiger is a blatant rip off of Gram Parsons as my opinion..............it is quite stupid that people would rather look at a posting style(which will never change and has been this way for over 10 years)..............than the actual content of the post.............which is quite valid no matter your opinion of Ryan Adams.............

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if stating the obvious makes me unpopular on here.................so be it.............but regardless I am entitled to say his album Easy Tiger is a blatant rip off of Gram Parsons as my opinion..............it is quite stupid that people would rather look at a posting style(which will never change and has been this way for over 10 years)..............than the actual content of the post.............which is quite valid no matter your opinion of Ryan Adams.............

well, you could start by making your posts actually readible, that would mean way more people would read them, if you care

it's not "stupid", your posts actually give me a headache trying to read, i'm not exaggerating here..

it is quite stupid that people would rather look at a posting style(which will never change and has been this way for over 10 years)..............than the actual content of the post

Well, it is a message board, after all -- that's a large part of what we have to judge you on. If you've already annoyed people just with the way you type your posts, you're not going to get a lot of slack from the people who read them.

Your posting style is right up there with ALL_CAPS SHOUTING in the annoyance department. If you can't see why that's a problem, then to quote you, "you are too far gone."

Well, it is a message board, after all -- that's a large part of what we have to judge you on. If you've already annoyed people just with the way you type your posts, you're not going to get a lot of slack from the people who read them.

Your posting style is right up there with ALL_CAPS SHOUTING in the annoyance department. If you can't see why that's a problem, then to quote you, "you are too far gone."

again if you want to flame someone for an opinion of Ryan Adams like I have about Easy Tiger being GP..............then go right ahead..............it is a message board and what I stated earlier...........however to go after a posting style?..............seems kind of grade school imo..............maybe we could pull people's fingers and discuss the fart noises we hear..............to me that is about the right level..............again I was discussing music ..............and to try and get me to change what I have always done.............won't happen............it is how I post and always will..............let me know when you want come back to music.......

................................................................................

................................................................................

.....................................i'm an attention whore...........

again if you want to flame someone for an opinion of Ryan Adams like I have about Easy Tiger being GP..............then go right ahead..............it is a message board and what I stated earlier...........however to go after a posting style?..............seems kind of grade school imo..............maybe we could pull people's fingers and discuss the fart noises we hear..............to me that is about the right level..............again I was discussing music ..............and to try and get me to change what I have always done.............won't happen............it is how I post and always will..............let me know when you want come back to music.......

wow.

i can understand that after 10 years developing your style you are reluctant to change.

Listened to it this weekend for the first time over at a friend's house. ................I gotta say he is nothing more than a really bad Gram Parsons rip off.....................Only difference is................ Gram was a genius and was doing this 30 years ago as an original..................He should go back to "Summer of 69'" imo.............. and stay away from trying to sound like icons...............just my opinion as a rounded music fan.

Maybe you could add to the discussion a bit if you would provide some evidence to back up your claim. For instance, why not list some or all of the tracks from Easy Tiger along with the GP song or style that you think has been "ripped off." So far all you've offered is the repetitive claim that Ryan Adams is a bad GP rip off. And a lot of periods.

I just read one of that guy's posts and substituted a "beep" for each period and it was really rather enjoyable. I may read his next post aloud in the same manner.

E-Tourettes?

Maybe you could add to the discussion a bit if you would provide some evidence to back up your claim. For instance, why not list some or all of the tracks from Easy Tiger along with the GP song or style that you think has been "ripped off." So far all you've offered is the repetitive claim that Ryan Adams is a bad GP rip off. And a lot of periods.

maybe he's on his period.

If you posted in ALL CAPS, any reasonable person would be perfectly justified in complaining about your posting style, as they would if you posted everything in huge fuchsia letters. Why do you think your own ridiculously annoying style should be any different?

A message board is about communication. Your style of posting inhibits communication. It makes your posts harder to read. Why would you stick with something that hinders your ability to communicate your thoughts? Why would you handicap yourself by virtually guaranteeing that anyone who reads your posts will have their hackles up because of the way you type? Now you're all defensive about it and you say you'll never change ... that's fine, but don't expect to make too many friends online, and don't expect to have anyone take your arguments too seriously.

As for the musical side of all this, if you think Easy Tiger is a GP ripoff, you obviously don't know GP as well as you think you do.

You came on here and pronounced your judgment on Ryan Adams after admitting up front that you've only ever heard Easy Tiger, and you've only heard that album a few times. What kind of response did you expect from that? If you're not going to go check out the rest of his work, why do you think you're in any way qualified to express an opinion about the artist?

You've implied that an artist should pick a style and stick with it so they can be easily classified (I'm paraphrasing). If that's not what you meant, you should explain yourself. Leaving that implication out there undercuts everything else you've been trying to say, because it makes you look like someone who can't handle music unless you can assign it to little easily labeled boxes, and that would mean that you're as musically closed-minded as the average top 40 listener.

You also seem to think that artists shouldn't ever show their influences. That's so patently ridiculous that I shouldn't even have to address it. We never would have had the Beatles or Bob Dylan or the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or Wilco if those artists hadn't been trying to make music that sounded like the music they loved. Who are your favorite bands? Do you honestly think those bands don't show their influences at every turn? If you're going to condemn Ryan Adams for being derivative (the oldest, most tired critical clich

that's what i was aiming to get him to do... i failed miserably, however, and have managed to let it go.

You've implied that an artist should pick a style and stick with it so they can be easily classified (I'm paraphrasing). If that's not what you meant, you should explain yourself. Leaving that implication out there undercuts everything else you've been trying to say, because it makes you look like someone who can't handle music unless you can assign it to little easily labeled boxes, and that would mean that you're as musically closed-minded as the average top 40 listener.

You also seem to think that artists shouldn't ever show their influences. That's so patently ridiculous that I shouldn't even have to address it. We never would have had the Beatles or Bob Dylan or the Rolling Stones or Led Zeppelin or Wilco if those artists hadn't been trying to make music that sounded like the music they loved. Who are your favorite bands? Do you honestly think those bands don't show their influences at every turn? If you're going to condemn Ryan Adams for being derivative (the oldest, most tired critical clich

it's not "stupid", your posts actually give me a headache trying to read, i'm not exaggerating here..

It's like reading in a moving car.

Sorry dude, it's just too annoying..................................................

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: What Light?.

I own over 600 CDs..........with every major musical style represented from multiple decades..............close minded would be the last way I would describe my musical knowledge.............sure people have influences..............every artist would have to to want to get into music........but most of the time they have their original sound in there as well..............one that carries over from album to album.............RA seems to just make carbon copy albums of his idols but done in modern studios etc..............in this case...........from vocals to instruments used to overall country rock(gram invented that btw) sound...........this album is truely nothing more than a poor version of what Gram would have made in 07' had he been around and lost his vocal sound.............but people on here are acting like this album's sound is a revelation in music.............now tell me who is really close minded...............some only see the gospel of RA...............

Sky Blue Sky....Sounds like The Beatles............Eagles...............Allman Brothers.............and Badfinger.........at various times..........during the course.........of the record.....and it is your......a...v....a...t....a...r..

I own over 600 CDs

Amateur.

but most of the time they have their original sound in there as well..............one that carries over from album to album

Carries over from album to album? So, they sound more or less the same from album to album? Is that really how you want artists to be?

country rock(gram invented that btw)

Yes, Parsons is often credited with "inventing" country rock, but he's surely not the first artist to play it. The Beatles come to mind...

this album is truely nothing more than a poor version of what Gram would have made in 07' had he been around

So you're telling me you know what Gram Parsons' music would sound like today if he were still alive? Do you really expect people to take you seriously when you post such inanities?

but people on here are acting like this album's sound is a revelation in music

Please find an example of anyone on this board "acting like this album's sound is a revelation in music." People have said they really like the album, but I think you've created a bit of a straw man here.