• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't you see that what you are describing are influences? i don't understand how anyone can think goodnight rose, tears of gold or pearls on a string are blatantly stolen from hearts on fire, ashes or a song for you. while it's debatable but widely believed that gram "invented" country-rock, he didn't invent the melodic waltz sound. c'mon. there are plenty of other artists who play country-rock. there's no copyright on country-rock, at least until metallica decides to go in that direction...

antagonizing what light? priceless...

I gave you examples.................and my reasoning why..........to me if the songs sound that much alike your artist is just hoping here to get away with theft...............now you are telling me I cannot think my original thought and opinion of this album?...............you are a work...........truely.................and a pseudo intellect when it comes to music no doubt...........but thanks for playing today..............

bad news, you people.

According to allmusic.com, the following are "followers" of Gram Parsons:

Followers

* The Blood Oranges

* The Cruzados

* Fraser & deBolt

* Ass Ponys [sic]

* Jason

* Wilco

* Acetone

* The Blasters

* Lou Ford

* Ryan Adams

* Big in Iowa

* Beachwood Sparks

* 34 Satellite

* The Ghost Rockets

* The Shore

* In the Country

* The Secret Show

* Blue Dust Drifters

I gave you examples.................and my reasoning why..........to me if the songs sound that much alike your artist is just hoping here to get away with theft...............now you are telling me I cannot think my original thought and opinion of this album?...............you are a work...........truely.................and a pseudo intellect when it comes to music no doubt...........but thanks for playing today..............

just for further background check and a deeper understanding of where your opinions originate, which artists other than Gram Parsons, do you considered to be completely original?

Just because a artist is influenced by another does not make them a thief when it comes to writing songs. Lucinda Williams one of the most prolific songwriters of our generation, on Friday night she called Ryan Adams one of the best songwriters she has ever heard.

I think that says a lot coming from her and her history with Gram Parsons and that genre of music.

She also covered a Flaming Lips song, and to quote Lucinda Williams on Friday night at Red Rocks about artist and music theft; which by the way featured a great performance from Ryan Adams at that same gig.

"This is a song we learned... uh that we just learned. Wayne Cohen of the Flaming Lips wrote the lyrics to this song. I learned it from the thievery corporation record. And i think it's just a great song. It's very simple but it really says a lot. It's called Marching the Hate Machines into the Sun"

Just because a artist is influenced by another does not make them a thief when it comes to writing songs. Lucinda Williams one of the most prolific songwriters of our generation, on Friday night she called Ryan Adams one of the best songwriters she has ever heard.

I think that says a lot coming from her and her history with Gram Parsons and that genre of music.

Emmylou Harris was who worked with him on Grevious Angel and other stuff...............not Lucinda W..............also by the post stating that he is a follower of Gram................I really will retract my comment of wanting to listen to the rest of his catalogue................no need.............they know..........I trust that source..........

odd, some people don't see the big deal about someone starting a thread without back searching the board to the year one (different strokes and all that) :D

still, I was trying to say that solace could change it but hasn't so while annoying as hell (and it is annoying as hell) it seems fair game and probably is better to just petition a mod for a rule change instead of amassing page upon page of bitching about something the guy will keep doing out of spite now anyway. Besides, in his 72 years on the planet he's amassed 600 cds and I'd still like to see the run down of what they are and how they stack up to the 600 or so albums I acquired through various means over the last 18-36 months.

odd, some people don't see the big deal about someone starting a thread without back searching the board to the year one (different strokes and all that) :D

still, I was trying to say that solace could change it but hasn't so while annoying as hell (and it is annoying as hell) it seems fair game and probably is better to just petition a mod for a rule change instead of amassing page upon page of bitching about something the guy will keep doing out of spite now anyway. Besides, in his 72 years on the planet he's amassed 600 cds and I'd still like to see the run down of what they are and how they stack up to the 600 or so albums I acquired through various means over the last 18-36 months.

good to see you are mature as well........figures...............anyway..............making a petition because of the way someone posts is a violation of 1st amend. rights pal.................it is what I have done longer than you have owned a computer and what i will do til the end of time...............being immature about it says a lot about you as a person...........it really does...........again.............1st amend rights and individuality.............thought that was what message boards were for................not some communist big brother crap that does not allow differences..............really you are pathetic...............think about what you are complaining about...........

good to see you are mature as well........figures...............anyway..............making a petition because of the way someone posts is a violation of 1st amend. rights pal.................it is what I have done longer than you have owned a computer and what i will do til the end of time...............being immature about it says a lot about you as a person...........it really does...........again.............1st amend rights and individuality.............thought that was what message boards were for................not some communist big brother crap that does not allow differences..............really you are pathetic...............think about what you are complaining about...........

And an elderly man living in his mom's basement studying constitutional law and listening to 600 cds and a few 8 tracks is the epitome of maturity?

And your posting style is fascinating. I can't wait to see it in its 11th year of development.