this is a ryan adams thread discussing his easy tiger album right?..............I heard it a few times through this last weekend and basically formed an opinion about it................that it is a rip off of gram parsons and 70's country rock...............obviously ryan adams can only be praised here...............I have only seen a manic rush of support when someone posted an contrary opinion one other time in music...............when ricky martin left menudo..............that is how all of this got out of hand..............and I have been told..............going against the majority/click here will not make me any friends..............there you should be all caught up..........

Dear Sir/M'am,

Please.............. provide.............. an.............. example.............. of.............. a.............. song.............. from.............. Easy Tiger.............. and.............. some.............. detail.............. specifically.............. as.............. to.............. how.............. it.............. is.............. a.............. ripoff.............. of.............. a.............. Gram.............. Parsons.............. song.............. so.............. we.............. could.............. know.............. to.............. what.............. you.............. are.............. referring...............

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what light? has 600 cds and is an expert in every musical genre, especially gram parsons - inventor of country rock. Which is apparently why he/she doesn't need to defend his opinions. many people here, myself included, are ignorant and beyond help because we don't think ryan adams stole easy tiger from gram. ryan has a sub-par voice ( :rotfl ) and his back catalogue is not worth checking out because he can't decide what style he wants to stick with.

those are the main points. it's been a fun morning!

for someone people on here call a resident expert on music..............you sure have a comprehension problem.............I said I was going to listen to the rest and form an opinion on each.........guess you missed that............. :hmm .............also it is funny I posted other times in other threads and periods were not a problem..............until that is I said an honest observation about the immortal Ryan Adams and his new album...............

for someone people on here call a resident expert on music..............you sure have a comprehension problem.............I said I was going to listen to the rest and form an opinion on each.........guess you missed that............. :hmm

i did miss that. must've been all the beeping.

this is a ryan adams thread discussing his easy tiger album right?..............I heard it a few times through this last weekend and basically formed an opinion about it................that it is a rip off of gram parsons and 70's country rock...............obviously ryan adams can only be praised here...............I have only seen a manic rush of support when someone posted an contrary opinion one other time in music...............when ricky martin left menudo..............that is how all of this got out of hand..............and I have been told..............going against the majority/click here will not make me any friends..............there you should be all caught up..........

I can't stand Ryan Adams for the most part. I also can't stand your difficult to read posts.

for someone people on here call a resident expert on music..............you sure have a comprehension problem.............I said I was going to listen to the rest and form an opinion on each.........guess you missed that............. :hmm .............also it is funny I posted other times in other threads and periods were not a problem..............until that is I said an honest observation about the immortal Ryan Adams and his new album...............

so you've only heard the new album?

songs #1 goodnight rose..............#6 tears of gold...............#9 pearls on a string.............with their melodic waltz sound is straight from Gram and his grevious angel days in the 70's with songs like hearts on fire..........and his GP days with songs like we'll sweep out the ashes in the morning......... a song for you and how much I've lied..................other tracks have the country rock sound as well on easy tiger...........I would say leaning more towards the rock side...............RA's voice which is no where near the quality of Gram...........does however resemble the sound of hopelessness that Gram made so popular..........no matter what he sang you believed it..............no other has tried to duplicate that until now.........problem is he does not sound as believeable as the original did...........not by a long shot.............but no matter he is obsessively trying to sound like that on this album.............

RA's voice which is no where near the quality of Gram...........does however resemble the sound of hopelessness that Gram made so popular..........no matter what he sang you believed it..............no other has tried to duplicate that until now.........

George Jones? (and that would be pre-dating Gram, so maybe you could ignore that for the purposes of your point)

Guest Jules
...............obviously ryan adams can only be praised here...............

No. There are many other posts in this very thread not so high on Ryan Adams and this album.

songs #1 goodnight rose..............#6 tears of gold...............#9 pearls on a string.............with their melodic waltz sound is straight from Gram and his grevious angel days in the 70's with songs like hearts on fire..........and his GP days with songs like we'll sweep out the ashes in the morning......... a song for you and how much I've lied..................other tracks have the country rock sound as well on easy tiger...........I would say leaning more towards the rock side...............RA's voice which is no where near the quality of Gram...........does however resemble the sound of hopelessness that Gram made so popular..........no matter what he sang you believed it..............no other has tried to duplicate that until now.........problem is he does not sound as believeable as the original did...........not by a long shot.............but no matter he is obsessively trying to sound like that on this album.............

don't you see that what you are describing are influences? i don't understand how anyone can think goodnight rose, tears of gold or pearls on a string are blatantly stolen from hearts on fire, ashes or a song for you. while it's debatable but widely believed that gram "invented" country-rock, he didn't invent the melodic waltz sound. c'mon. there are plenty of other artists who play country-rock. there's no copyright on country-rock, at least until metallica decides to go in that direction...

Oh I forgot -4,000 + cds400 cassettes 500 record albums3 picture disks300 + books200 + magazines152 video tapes30 dvdsbank account 0

antagonizing what light? priceless...