• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own over 600 CDs..........with every major musical style represented from multiple decades..............close minded would be the last way I would describe my musical knowledge.............

oh no!

600????????

SIX HUNDRED?

:omg

dude, i started buying CD's in '89 (i'm now 29), and at last count (like 3 years ago), i easily have over 2500+ cds/vinyl, which is probably still a small number compared to some people on this forum...

and if you counted albums i have in digital form... jeebus...

:yay

also, Ryan has much MUCH more Gram sounding work than Easy Tiger... ET doesn't even remind me of Gram all that much

oh no!

600????????

SIX HUNDRED?

dude, i started buying CD's in '89 (i'm now 29), and at last count (like 3 years ago), i easily have over 2500+ cds/vinyl, which is probably still a small number compared to a lot of people on this forum...

:yay

show off

I'm sure you could have a great conversation, there are some great people here well versed in music knowledge and a lot of people especially like alt.country/country rock. Instead you opt to be confrontational and dismissive, which of course won't make many friends.

making friends is not why I am here..............I got enough of those in the flesh.............I have never been about that on message boards and never will be.............. but I am not trying to start wars on here either..............I have a right to my opinion and will always state it when I feel...............as someone who has been around music a long long time(probably older than most posters on here considerably).........I am very knowledgeable about music as well..............I listened to Ryan Adams new album this last weekend 2-3 times through and can honestly say that is how I feel...........I never said it was awful.............I just cannot give it tons of praise and say it is brilliant because to me all it is is an album by a guy with a sub par voice that wanted to go for a Gram Parsons sound.........in the 70's country rock fashion..........I will tell you.............I will make sure I listen to all of his albums.............then I will say my opinion on them no doubt.............objectively...........as I did this one...............believe me I can admit faults with all of my favs musically and listen to others critique of their music............does not see like that is the case with RA..............a shame.............in the big scheme of things...........he is just not that important to make such a fuss about..............

oh no!

600????????

SIX HUNDRED?

dude, i started buying CD's in '89 (i'm now 29), and at last count (like 3 years ago), i easily have over 2500+ cds/vinyl, which is probably still a small number compared to some people on this forum...

and if you counted albums i have in digital form... jeebus...

like I said I am a lot older than you and have vinyl and 8 tracks as well.............many many a box in my basement.............plus hundreds of tapes from that era as well...............my 600 cds are all hard copies purchased from stores not anything downloaded or otherwise...........not a fan of that..........this was not a pissing contest but of course you turned it into one.............missing what my original point was by mentioning 600..............oh well.........

I always thought his single..........."everything I do I do it for you," was amazing..............good to see he is still pumping out great tunes..........."summer of 69" is tough too..........

I thought it was funny........... :monkey

Listened to it this weekend for the first time over at a friend's house. ................I gotta say he is nothing more than a really bad Gram Parsons rip off.....................Only difference is................ Gram was a genius and was doing this 30 years ago as an original..................He should go back to "Summer of 69'" imo.............. and stay away from trying to sound like icons...............just my opinion as a rounded music fan.

thought I would throw that in there for some humor................no...........I had not heard him and could not really comment on his new album until this weekend...............and I hate to see artists rob styles so blatantly as he did here..............Gram P does not deserve that and Adams does not deserve credit on this album by being a thief...........just my opinion.............listen to a little Gram or Flying Burrito Brothers and you will never listen to Easy Tiger again..........I promise.............

1st if you had listened to them we would not be having this arguement about the blatant rip off easy tiger is......................2nd if he is no one trick pony...............then does he steal other's styles so blatant as he did Gram's?..............probably not something I would want to brag on his behalf about...............

and I am saying this artist who cannot choose the style of music he would like to be categorized as with his chamelion assortment of albums...............should have left 70's country off his gimmick to do list of albums...............Gram deserves better.............Emmy H did half of the songs with Gram originally btw..............so the fact she is singing them again is hardly the same as what Ryan A does...........

message boards=everyone entitled to their own opinion............*rolls out middle finger*..................here is mine of you.............oh yeah the periods stay.................

my comments were very logically based with my knowledge of both Gram Parsons and this album after a few listens................I am not the only one who thinks this...............just because you got some hang up on this guy and cannot see that it is a poor rip off of an original...............I cannot help you..............you are too far gone..................it was just an analysis of the album.............in case you are too ignorant to understand..................that means everyone can post their opinion of an album in a thread...........even ones that do not agree or like it..............

if stating the obvious makes me unpopular on here.................so be it.............but regardless I am entitled to say his album Easy Tiger is a blatant rip off of Gram Parsons as my opinion..............it is quite stupid that people would rather look at a posting style(which will never change and has been this way for over 10 years)..............than the actual content of the post.............which is quite valid no matter your opinion of Ryan Adams.............

and the way most are on here about Ryan Adams...............you would think he was one of the brothers from Hanson.................

again if you want to flame someone for an opinion of Ryan Adams like I have about Easy Tiger being GP..............then go right ahead..............it is a message board and what I stated earlier...........however to go after a posting style?..............seems kind of grade school imo..............maybe we could pull people's fingers and discuss the fart noises we hear..............to me that is about the right level..............again I was discussing music ..............and to try and get me to change what I have always done.............won't happen............it is how I post and always will..............let me know when you want come back to music.......

I own over 600 CDs..........with every major musical style represented from multiple decades..............close minded would be the last way I would describe my musical knowledge.............sure people have influences..............every artist would have to to want to get into music........but most of the time they have their original sound in there as well..............one that carries over from album to album.............RA seems to just make carbon copy albums of his idols but done in modern studios etc..............in this case...........from vocals to instruments used to overall country rock(gram invented that btw) sound...........this album is truely nothing more than a poor version of what Gram would have made in 07' had he been around and lost his vocal sound.............but people on here are acting like this album's sound is a revelation in music.............now tell me who is really close minded...............some only see the gospel of RA...............

my point was I was called close minded and I disagree that someone with so many cds from so many different musical styles and decades could be called this.................someone who appreciates music as much as I do and actually listens to it and discusses it...........and does not use it as just background sound...........has a right to state an opinion about an album being discussed on this message board...........did you really think everyone would post that this album is so wonderful?.............that is the biggest joke of all here..............in order for there to be discussion or continuing converstation there has to be differences in opinion somewhere along the line..........it is fine if people love him..................and it is fine for me to think he is a blatant rip off of GP on this new album Easy Tiger.............that is just the way it will be...............on reference to Sky Blue Sky that someone posted..............sure dueling guitars sound like allman bros on impossible germany.............or vocal harmonies on you are my face sound like crosby stills and nash................but make no mistake about it..............never for a second did I not think that was Jeff Tweedy and the wilco sound as well.............that has been original and unique all along the way through their albums.................

sure they have quirks like 15 minutes of distorted fuzz sound................but to me anyway...............from AM on there is a definite sound that is Wilco................sure there is experimentation here and there...........and a few songs sound nothing like anything they have done before.............but I always know it is Wilco..............and not just because I am very familiar with their records...........but this is not about the brilliance that is Wilco................we all love them :cheers ...............I was simply replying to a post about my avatar someone made.............

making friends is not why I am here..............I got enough of those in the flesh.............I have never been about that on message boards and never will be.............. but I am not trying to start wars on here either..............I have a right to my opinion and will always state it when I feel...............as someone who has been around music a long long time(probably older than most posters on here considerably).........I am very knowledgeable about music as well..............I listened to Ryan Adams new album this last weekend 2-3 times through and can honestly say that is how I feel...........I never said it was awful.............I just cannot give it tons of praise and say it is brilliant because to me all it is is an album by a guy with a sub par voice that wanted to go for a Gram Parsons sound.........in the 70's country rock fashion..........I will tell you.............I will make sure I listen to all of his albums.............then I will say my opinion on them no doubt.............objectively...........as I did this one...............believe me I can admit faults with all of my favs musically and listen to others critique of their music............does not see like that is the case with RA..............a shame.............in the big scheme of things...........he is just not that important to make such a fuss about..............

like I said I am a lot older than you and have vinyl and 8 tracks as well.............many many a box in my basement.............plus hundreds of tapes from that era as well...............my 600 cds are all hard copies purchased from stores not anything downloaded or otherwise...........not a fan of that..........this was not a pissing contest but of course you turned it into one.............missing what my original point was by mentioning 600..............oh well.........

QUOTE(AtticusPoongoogler @ Aug 6 2007, 10:53 AM) *

Maybe you could add to the discussion a bit if you would provide some evidence to back up your claim. For instance, why not list some or all of the tracks from Easy Tiger along with the GP song or style that you think has been "ripped off." So far all you've offered is the repetitive claim that Ryan Adams is a bad GP rip off. And a lot of periods.

:headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk :headbonk

The only other poster who regularly ignored questions like this was jnickerson. Who, interestingly enough, ended up changing his name to "...". Coincidence? I'll let you decide.

you just blew my mind..............

what light? made a ryan adams/bryan adams joke and offered the opinion that ryan adams' new album easy tiger is just a ripoff of Gram Parsons, and mentioned how many cds he/she owns. Several of us of asked him/her repeatedly to offer some substance to back up the ryan adams/gram parsons claim, but what light? has yet to respond substantively.

oh, and there's some issue with the amount of periods in what light?'s posts, which he/she has been using for over 10 years.

can someone give me a brief refresher on what is going on here? i haven't the energy to read through everything, but i want to join in cos it looks interesting.

Between every word you type, put 10-15 (your choice) periods. Then, whilst reading aloud, or to one's self, let and audible "bleep" represent every period.

can someone give me a brief refresher on what is going on here? i haven't the energy to read through everything, but i want to join in cos it looks interesting.

this is a ryan adams thread discussing his easy tiger album right?..............I heard it a few times through this last weekend and basically formed an opinion about it................that it is a rip off of gram parsons and 70's country rock...............obviously ryan adams can only be praised here...............I have only seen a manic rush of support when someone posted an contrary opinion one other time in music...............when ricky martin left menudo..............that is how all of this got out of hand..............and I have been told..............going against the majority/click here will not make me any friends..............there you should be all caught up..........

what light? has 600 cds and is an expert in every musical genre, especially gram parsons - inventor of country rock. Which is apparently why he/she doesn't need to defend his opinions. many people here, myself included, are ignorant and beyond help because we don't think ryan adams stole easy tiger from gram. ryan has a sub-par voice ( :rotfl ) and his back catalogue is not worth checking out because he can't decide what style he wants to stick with.

those are the main points. it's been a fun morning!

this is a ryan adams thread discussing his easy tiger album right?..............I heard it a few times through this last weekend and basically formed an opinion about it................that it is a rip off of gram parsons and 70's country rock...............obviously ryan adams can only be praised here...............I have only seen a manic rush of support when someone posted an contrary opinion one other time in music...............when ricky martin left menudo..............that is how all of this got out of hand..............and I have been told..............going against the majority/click here will not make me any friends..............there you should be all caught up..........

Defend your fucking opinion with some examples, you idiot.