got tickets to see him in Northhampton at the Calvin (the site of my first and only jeff solo show), any word on electric or acoustic for this tour? i saw him at the end of june acoustic with cardinals and it was great but would love to see an electric show.

I bought a ticket for the Calvin as well, I assume you saw him at Somerville Theater...it'll be hard to top (the Jeff solo show there was awesome as well) that but I'm looking forward to seeing him in Noho. I assume that he is still playing acoustic.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a ticket for the Calvin as well, I assume you saw him at Somerville Theater...it'll be hard to top (the Jeff solo show there was awesome as well) that but I'm looking forward to seeing him in Noho. I assume that he is still playing acoustic.

yup saw him at somerville which was a pretty legendary show. i was hoping for some electric stuff but would be quite satisfied with another acoustic show half as good as the somerville one.

ive gathered some information that points towards these shows being "red cave" (cardinal speak for electric, as opposed to an acoustic "blue cave" show).

So all these shows, all these new tour dates, some in cities he's been to already recently, and not one show in NYC?

On this tour he played one show in NYC that was announced at the last minute, at a venue WAY too small to hold all fans, on the same night as Wilco in Brooklyn?

What's going on here? It's bizarre.

Pure speculation on my part, but a October 30th show in DC might set up well for a Halloween show in NYC.

I love you And.

Would be great for him to bring some Halloween Head to NYC... Great call. I've already got my hopes up.

lotsa dates from High Road Touring:

Fri Aug 3 - Morrison, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre - Lucinda Williams, Old 97's, Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter

Sat Sep 1 - Turin, NY Snow Ridge Ski Area

Thu Sep 13 - Charlottesville, VA Charlottesville Pavilion

Fri Sep 14 - Charlottesville, VA Charlottesville Pavilion

Sun Sep 16 - Northampton, MA Calvin Theatre

Mon Sep 17 - Portland, ME Merrill Auditorium

Wed Sep 19 - Montreal, QC St. Denis Theatre

Fri Sep 21 - Toronto, ONT Massey Hall

Sat Sep 22 - Ann Arbor, MI Michigan Theater

Mon Sep 24 - Kalamazoo, MI Kalamazoo State Theatre

Tue Sep 25 - Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Riverside Theatre

Thu Sep 27 - Minneapolis, MN State Theater: Minneapolis

Fri Sep 28 - Madison, WI Barrymore Theatre

Sat Sep 29 - Chicago, IL Chicago Theatre

Mon Oct 1 - Iowa City, IA Iowa Memorial Union

Tue Oct 2 - Kansas City, MO Uptown Theatre

Thu Oct 4 - Urbana, IL Foellinger Auditorium

Fri Oct 5 - St. Louis, MO The Pageant

Sat Oct 13 - North Charleston, SC North Charleston Performing Arts Center

Mon Oct 15 - Birmingham, AL Alabama Theatre

Thu Oct 18 - Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre

Fri Oct 19 - Dallas, TX McFarlin Memorial Auditorium

Sat Oct 27 - Lakewood, OH Lakewood Civic Auditorium

Mon Oct 29 - Pittsburgh, PA Carnegie Music Hall of Oakland

Tue Oct 30 - Washington, DC D A R CONSTITUTION HALL

Wed Oct 31 - New York, NY Hammerstein Ballroom

I always thought his single..........."everything I do I do it for you," was amazing..............good to see he is still pumping out great tunes..........."summer of 69" is tough too..........

I thought it was funny........... :monkey

I always thought his single..........."everything I do I do it for you," was amazing..............good to see he is still pumping out great tunes..........."summer of 69" is tough too..........

I thought it was funny........... :monkey

I thought this was hilarious.

I wonder how Ryan will react to "Summer of '69" shoutouts now that he's sobered up? Hopefully with a lot more grace than in the past...

from the chicago theater website:

RYAN ADAMS &

THE CARDINALS

As one of the most prolific songwriters in music today, Ryan Adams emerged from the alt-country scene to achieve mainstream success. His latest studio album, Easy Tiger, has received critical acclaim for its heartfelt lyrics and versatile vocals.

Saturday, September 29 at 8:00 PM

$35/$27.50

On Sale Saturday, August 11 at Noon

Presented by JAM

no mention of that rumored double bill with wilco...

I thought this was hilarious.

I wonder how Ryan will react to "Summer of '69" shoutouts now that he's sobered up? Hopefully with a lot more grace than in the past...

He should play the damn song. That'd show 'em. :P