A Kiss Before I Go

--------------------

Dear John

Two

Please Do Not Let Me Go

Dear Chicago

Wild Flowers

I See Monsters

awesome. 'dear chicago' alone was worth the price of admission.

me = :yawn

Listened to it this weekend for the first time over at a friend's house. ................I gotta say he is nothing more than a really bad Gram Parsons rip off.....................Only difference is................ Gram was a genius and was doing this 30 years ago as an original..................He should go back to "Summer of 69'" imo.............. and stay away from trying to sound like icons...............just my opinion as a rounded music fan.

so you don't like him, whatever. the important question is - are you finished making the (really old) bryan adams jokes? :rolleyes

thought I would throw that in there for some humor................no...........I had not heard him and could not really comment on his new album until this weekend...............and I hate to see artists rob styles so blatantly as he did here..............Gram P does not deserve that and Adams does not deserve credit on this album by being a thief...........just my opinion.............listen to a little Gram or Flying Burrito Brothers and you will never listen to Easy Tiger again..........I promise.............

thought I would throw that in there for some humor................no...........I had not heard him and could not really comment on his new album until this weekend...............and I hate to see artists rob styles so blatantly as he did here..............Gram P does not deserve that and Adams does not deserve credit on this album by being a thief...........just my opinion.............listen to a little Gram or Flying Burrito Brothers and you will never listen to Easy Tiger again..........I promise.............

but the thing is... it's just not funny. you are hardly the first person in the world to make "summer of '69" jokes about ryan adams.

secondly, i resent your presumption that i have never listened to gram or the fbb. i have plenty. and i will listen to easy tiger again and again and again.

and finally, if you are basing your entire opinion of ryan adams on just one of his albums, you are merely scratching the surface of his catalogue, which encompasses many varying styles of music. he's no one trick pony.

but the thing is... it's just not funny. you are hardly the first person in the world to make "summer of '69" jokes about ryan adams.

secondly, i resent your presumption that i have never listened to gram or the fbb. i have plenty. he's no one trick pony.

1st if you had listened to them we would not be having this arguement about the blatant rip off easy tiger is......................2nd if he is no one trick pony...............then does he steal other's styles so blatant as he did Gram's?..............probably not something I would want to brag on his behalf about...............

and again you are asserting that i have never listened to gram parsons, when i know full well that i am very familiar with gram's work.

is gram parsons one of ryan's influences? abso-fucking-lutely. he and emmylou have even covered gram's songs in the past. but as to ryan "stealing" from gram on easy tiger? i don't get where you're coming from. give me some examples, please.

in fact, how, exactly, does one "steal a style"? are you claiming that because ryan & the cardinals play some "country-rock" they must be stealing from gram parsons? is no other artist ever able to create any music that can be categorized as "country-rock"? i saw the cardinals in concert the other night, and for the first half of the show they jammed on every song. so are they stealing from the grateful dead? if creating new songs based on influences is to be considered "stealing", then music is in a very sorry state indeed.

listen to something ryan adams other than easy tiger and tell me that he is "stealing". for better or worse, he is one of the most prolific singer-songwriters in recent memory, and to think that his influences are to never shine through on his work is ridiculous. if you had any idea what you are talking about, you would know that there is plenty (and some of his best) material that sounds nothing like gram parsons.

and I am saying this artist who cannot choose the style of music he would like to be categorized as with his chamelion assortment of albums...............should have left 70's country off his gimmick to do list of albums...............Gram deserves better.............Emmy H did half of the songs with Gram originally btw..............so the fact she is singing them again is hardly the same as what Ryan A does...........

Emmy H did half of the songs with Gram originally btw..............so the fact she is singing them again is hardly the same as what Ryan A does...........

yeah, no shit sherlock. so her singing them with ryan is meaningless? because she's sung them before it's ok for emmy but not for ryan? as someone who claims to be "a rounded music fan" you sure seem to be goddamn ignorant. or maybe you're just channeling gram parsons' angry ghost, i don't know. first you claim that ryan is blatantly ripping off gram, then you are condemning him for not being able to choose the "style of music he would like to be categorized". jesus. do you have no respect for someone who wants to make music, pigeonholed or not? i suppose we can just assume that in your opinion, ryan is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. if you don't like the guy's music, just come out and say it. i'd respect that more than your accusing him of stealing or not being able to decide who he wants to be. you can't possibly look down on a guy who grew up in the 70's and 80's and has a plethora of influences to draw from for his own original music.

and as for "gram deserves better"... what exactly does gram deserve? do you have any idea how many artists out there emulate what gram was? which artist does gram deserve? obviously not ryan, in your opinion. maybe there's someone else out there who's "stealing" from gram who is doing so in just such a way that gram deserves it? i'm really curious to know...

anyway, i'm not normally this fiery, but i'm a bit lit up on whiskey and ginger ale. and i'm done. you can say whatever you want about ryan adams, but to assume that he's not talented in his own right is ludicrous. you can like his music or not, like his reputation or not, but as far as i'm concerned, the man has created some of the most beautiful music and lyrics in my lifetime.

and I am saying this artist who cannot choose the style of music he would like to be categorized as with his chamelion assortment of albums...............should have left 70's country off his gimmick to do list of albums...............Gram deserves better.............Emmy H did half of the songs with Gram originally btw..............so the fact she is singing them again is hardly the same as what Ryan A does...........

First, learn how to end sentences properly and stop with all the extraneous periods. It's obnoxious.

Second, you pretty obviously aren't qualified to comment on the work of Ryan Adams, and should probably shut up before you make yourself look like any more of an idiot.

Third, the Bryan Adams jokes weren't even funny the first time they were made (many years ago), and they absolutely do not qualify as "humor."

Fourth, you seem to be saying that Adams should choose a "style of music he would like to be categorized as." Right? Why should any artist ever do that? Do you honestly have something against an artist who wants to experiment with various styles? Do you also hate the Beatles and Bob Dylan? How about ... um ... Wilco?

Fifth, you're not impressing anyone with your knowledge of Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers. Believe it or not, you're not the only person who listens to that stuff. Dropping a "he rips off Gram Parsons" argument just makes you look like a scarf-wearing poser/hipster.

And last, I really mean it about all the periods.

actually, it's the periods. they really annoy me too.

my comments were very logically based with my knowledge of both Gram Parsons and this album after a few listens................I am not the only one who thinks this...............just because you got some hang up on this guy and cannot see that it is a poor rip off of an original...............I cannot help you..............you are too far gone..................it was just an analysis of the album.............in case you are too ignorant to understand..................that means everyone can post their opinion of an album in a thread...........even ones that do not agree or like it..............

my comments were very logically based with my knowledge of both Gram Parsons and this album after a few listens................I am not the only one who thinks this...............just because you got some hang up on this guy and cannot see that it is a poor rip off of an original...............I cannot help you..............you are too far gone..................it was just an analysis of the album.............in case you are too ignorant to understand..................that means everyone can post their opinion of an album in a thread...........even ones that do not agree or like it..............

Nice.........Bit........

message boards=everyone entitled to their own opinion............*rolls out middle finger*..................here is mine of you.............oh yeah the periods stay.................

wow, you're gonna make lots of friends here!