• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also, considering its 128kbps the quality sounds really nice.

I think Halloween Head is about him contemplating relapse.

Plus, the "Guitar solo!" part reminds me of Skyler from Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld shouting out "bridge!" during the middle of a song.

I think it's a pretty great tune, but I think pretty much everything Ryan does is a pretty great tune.

exactly

Speaking of live covers - I would like to hear him cover this song -

I jumped in the river and what did I see?

Black-eyed angels swam with me

A moon full of stars and astral cars

All the things I used to see

All my lovers were there with me

All my past and futures

And we all went to heaven in a little row boat

There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

I jumped into the river

Black-eyed angels swam with me

A moon full of stars and astral cars

And all the things I used to see

All my lovers were there with me

All my past and futures

And we all went to heaven in a little row boat

i'm an immediate fan of this album and i'm sure it will grow for me even more.

very solid and consistent. concise even.

there was hatin' earlier in this thread on halloweenhead. i don't understand why.

worst thing, i guess, is that it's just shy of 40 minutes.

Well, as a big Ryan Adams fan, I suppose that expectations were for another good album - and I'm not disappointed at all.

'Goodnight Rose' has got to be one of his stronger tracks, and apart from 'Magnolia Mountain', I can't think of a better start to any of his albums. Probably the only song that doesn't seem to click is 'Off Broadway', but I've never really been too big a fan of the track.

I don't get the complete distaste I've seen for 'Two' and 'Halloweenhead'. 'Two' may not sound like the most fantastic track here, but neither did 'Dear John' on Jacksonville City Nights, but that's been turned into one of the best songs he plays live. 'Halloweenhead' is just a fun track - nothing too earth-shattering, just fun.

you said it solace. i love it and i'm only on my second listen.

d

it's not without a few flaws/missteps, but even with those i'm still pretty impressed w/ how great it is.

looking forward to next week's show even more now, just hope it's a good one this time.

Well, as a big Ryan Adams fan, I suppose that expectations were for another good album - and I'm not disappointed at all.

'Goodnight Rose' has got to be one of his stronger tracks, and apart from 'Magnolia Mountain', I can't think of a better start to any of his albums. Probably the only song that doesn't seem to click is 'Off Broadway', but I've never really been too big a fan of the track.

I don't get the complete distaste I've seen for 'Two' and 'Halloweenhead'. 'Two' may not sound like the most fantastic track here, but neither did 'Dear John' on Jacksonville City Nights, but that's been turned into one of the best songs he plays live. 'Halloweenhead' is just a fun track - nothing too earth-shattering, just fun.

:thumbup dear john blew my mind this past week at the bbc show and at koko. it has fastly become perhaps my favourite ryan tune to hear live.

all the new tracks sound incredible live. they translate so well, especially with the current acoustic set-up the cardinals had going on for this short tour. if you haven't already, i suggest you get hold of the kingston show for a taster of the new material in a live setting. can't wait for the koko show to appear :dancing

^ yeah but the quality is suprisingly good. sounds great in my headphones anyways.

^ yeah but the quality is suprisingly good. sounds great in my headphones anyways.

I can hang on till it comes out. Editors new one will keep me warm.

This guy is still struggling to find his own voice. Sounds like adult contemporary music. Lots of James Taylor on this one.

There's just lots of playing and singing, but nothing that is fully realized or properly fleshed out. It's just "pecking around" and comes off as insincere and forced.