• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Buckeyes,

Congratulations on your berth in the NCAA Championship Game against the University of Florida. This scenario sounds familiar. Despite the obvious parellels that the media will likely draw in the coming days between this game and that which the football team played in a few months ago, may I suggest that you go out there and win this game for you Monday night, rather than getting caught up in the hype of trying to avenge somebody else's loss that you had nothing to do with.

But if you happen to find a way to blow them out by at least 40, please feel free to do so. Thank you.

love,

City of Columbus

I have a vested interest in Florida winning, so I can win the office pool. (Enough money involved to get a brake job!) UCLA really shit the bed; Georgetown looked good.

I have a vested interest in Florida winning so that I can make a killing on my "Ohio State is Florida's Bitch" t-shirts that I plan to sell all over the city of Ann Arbor.

As long as they don't outsell the "Michigan - NIT First Round" commemorative t-shirts I'm selling in Columbus. :cheers

am01may06couch-burning1.jpg >= Starman.jpg

I'll be burning couches metaphorically tomorrow night. :dancing Still not 100% sure I'll see the game, actually. My wife is 38+ weeks pregnant, so I'm pretty much on alert 24/7 these days--I've submitted a formal request that she wait until after the game to go into labor, but she makes no promises. :lol Does "Oden" make a good middle name for a girl?

I told my friend up at UF that if they win tonight he's gotta burn a couch for me, just to show the Buckeyes up.

If UF wins tonight, they've already done plenty to show the Buckeyes up this year, thank you very much. :unsure

http://wholehogsports.com/nwat/51730/

Ironically, the last basketball coach Frank Broyles hires as Arkansas' athletics director will come from the same school, Creighton, from which he hired his first.

The University of Arkansas plans to announce Dana Altman as its new basketball coach this afternoon, according to sources. Eddie Sutton, whom Broyles hired in 1974 also coached at Creighton prior to reviving Razorback basketball.

Altman, 48, comes to Arkansas from Creighton, a Missouri Valley Conference school, after spending 13 years as the Omaha, Neb.-based private school's head basketball coach where he compiled a 260-141 record. Altman is 343-208 as a Division I head coach with eight NCAA Tournament appearances at Creighton and Kansas State.

Altman replaces Stan Heath, who was fired March 26, after a week long search by UA athletics director Frank Broyles, which touched on some of the bigger names in college basketball. While it is unknown how many coaches were offered the job, Arkansas showed interest in Texas A&M's Billy Gillispie, Kansas' Bill Self, Memphis' John Calipari and Southern California's Tim Floyd before striking a deal with Altman Sunday night, according to sources.

Two Freshmen (who hadn't lost a final game of the season in forever) were the only thing that kept OSU from being totally blown out. I was pretty disappointed, but wtf....now I'm going to work w/ a hangover. Damn those late starts!

I'd like to dedicate my win to MJHutch, who kicked everyone's asses all brackets-long, but couldn't close the deal. :D

brackets.png

Boy, I make three bad picks and it all goes to hell. When does college football season start? And go Tigers!

well...

I don't believe those are the final stats or standings.

My philosophy is that that second place is only the first loser. So that makes me the second loser. Well done to Sir Stewart and MrRice!

Thanks for the correction although I think MJHUTCH's 51 correct picks is far more impressive. I never looked into the point scoring system, but I think it might be a little suspect. Regardless, congrats Mr. McCartney!

Well, fuckity fuck fuck fuck. I missed out on first place in my pool by two points. Still, I get $54.

Well, I was pretty much out of my office pool after the first weekend (picking Virginia to win it all will do that to you), so yesterday, we all took the winner out for free Indian buffet. Which basically means that, for losing at basketball, I got Indian buffet, but I just had to pay a little more for it.