At a concert have you ever

that dylan tour would have been in mid 99.. and i really liked it. he wouldnt have been drunk (probably in one of his moods). if you walked out of that one, you wont last for the first song these days :lol

Yep. San Jose show, in case that helps anything.

I'm a lot older and have lower expectations these days, I'm sure I'd get more out of it now... But if you've only ever heard Dylan on recordings / TV specials, it can be a real shock.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next song was mountain jam so we left

:blink Blasphemy!

I've seen the ABB a ton of times over the years but had never seen a "Mountain Jam" in person until the last time I saw them at the Beacon in '06 and it turned out to be the single most transcendent thing I have witnessed on a concert stage in an awful long time. Derek tore so many holes in the space-time continuum that night, its like he was playing slide-guitar with a flux capacitor. :rock

i walked out on Bob Dylan last year at ACL. for one thing, i wasn't close to the stage, and for whatever reason he refused to let cameras do a close up of his face. so they had big screens there to show the performers, but they only put a distant view of the entire stage up on the screen. As for dylan, he sounded horrible. his voice is so raspy these days, it sounded like he has throat cancer or something. he was just grunting instead of singing. it was too difficult to watch so i left. i felt embarrassed for him because a lot of younger people who don't know dylan were in the audience making fun of him. he's definitely a legend (i have almost all his cds), but he definitely didn't look or sound like one at ACL. he looked an old fool that is way past his prime yet still continues to strut out there to collect his money.

Dylan is quite the diva about cameras. I can't believe security sent me all the way back to my car with my camera at that show a few weeks ago. I asked why they didn't post it on any of the signs on the way up to the gate, and the guy got assy with me. Some people managed to sneak in smaller digital cameras, but from what I saw most of them were only able to get one or two shots before security came over to them. I don't see what the big deal is, as long as people aren't using flashes.

I'll be interested to hear how Party at the Moon Tower's show was last night. When he's on, he's still great, but it's hard to predict these days how often he's going to be on. Definitely not every night anymore, which is a shame.

Okkervil River. The show was killer. Loved it. But I had no one to go with so I went with the girl I was dating at the time who doesn't like most music anyway and has horrible taste when she does. She was talking and bitching and getting impatient nearly the entire time. Totally killed any and all enjoyment I was having. So had to go ahead and call it quits before the encore.

In May, I walked out of an Elf Power show about 4 songs into the set. They were playing a cafe in town for free. The cafe was packed with about 150 people. Their opening band had sound trouble and they sucked oh so bad. The concert was supposed to start at 10:00 and Elf Power didn't get on until midnight or better. The sound continued to be horrible with a small floor space for the band in this cafe. The wife and I were tired and had stuff to do the next day, so we bounced...

Hopefully they're a lot better when we see them in Asheville tonight! :dancing

I walked out of a Bear Vs Shark show that my friends dragged me to (I know none of their material), I ended up walking over to the other room of the club and caught GWAR's set which was really... something.