At a concert have you ever

i walked out mid-way through yes in 2000. they had already played about an hour and a half and if i'd stayed longer i would have been asleep. there was no interaction at all with the audience and jon stood there like a mannequin. they sounded great, but i might as well have been watching a live dvd. very disappointing.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further addendum (kind of):

Once, on a nonstop flight between San Juan Puerto Rico and Baltimore I was seated between the bass player and leader singer of 38 Special.

Unfortunately, walking out early was not an option.

I walked out of jenny lewis because I had food poisoning, I threw up behind park west, yay!

I also walked out of Dinosaur Jr. the reunion tour a year or so ago, my friend gave me his extra, they were not really my thing.

And I fell asleep watching the wayne shorter quartet, I had to review the show for my jazz history class in college but was sick at the time. The parts I saw were good tho..

About three months ago I wasn't let in to a Disco Biscuits show at the Fillmore. It was a freebie ticket and I walked over from the bar next door with a pal to the Fillmore. The chick taking tix asked if I'd been drinking and I said "sure." She told me she couldn't let me into the show, then. I was shocked, I tells ya. I'd only had a few beers and wasn't swaying or anything. Those people.

I forget the exact date but back in, I dunno maybe 92 or so I went to see the Allman Brothers at Great Woods (I think they call it the Tweeter Center now) in Massachusetts. Apparently the night before in NY Dickie Betts got busted for beating up his wife or something. Anyways the show starts and out comes Zach Wylde....seriously. Ozzy Osbourne's guitar player. He's got the bullseye patter Gibson explorer and he busting out heavy metal chops on "Statesboro Blues". We were pretty close to the stage and you could actually see other guys in the band rolling their eyes at him. I left after 3 songs.

I've heard about this show and would love to hear a recording, just out of morbid, train-wreck curiosity. Zakk Wylde?? Just please tell me that Warren didn't put on some spandex pants as a show of support. :barf

Yes, twice. Once "The Rasmus", and 2nd "Muse" (both with my daughter :lol , I just made sure she was ok and stuff, and went out to have a nice sit down in the now empty catering areas)

I am pretty sure that I am gonna walk out of a concert very soon though. Bob Dylan April 21st :ninja

(no I won't, as it was a present from me for my husband, and it is probably the greatest present I could ever give him, seeing how much I loathe Dylan :lol )

The only one I can remember walking out on was VHS or Beta, in Lexington a couple years ago. I'm not that into them anyway, but to make matters worse they were having some technical difficulties and could barely make it through one song at a time without having to stop and make some sort of adjustments. I don't blame them for that, but I do blame them for their music. :yucky

I fell asleep at a Tina Turner concert when I was about 7, and I don't think it's happened since. :thumbup

what went wrong at the Beth Orton show ? I love her

well, the show started really late, it was a sunday night and my friends and i were all pretty tired. it wasn't a bad show, but nothing spectacular.

Here's an addendum to this question...Have you ever fallen asleep at a concert?

i don't think i have, but at my first "real" concert - bruce & the e street band, 1986 i think - one of the kids in our group fell asleep under a sleeping bag on the field at mile high stadium... :lol

I forget the exact date but back in, I dunno maybe 92 or so I went to see the Allman Brothers at Great Woods (I think they call it the Tweeter Center now) in Massachusetts. Apparently the night before in NY Dickie Betts got busted for beating up his wife or something. Anyways the show starts and out comes Zach Wylde....seriously. Ozzy Osbourne's guitar player. He's got the bullseye patter Gibson explorer and he busting out heavy metal chops on "Statesboro Blues". We were pretty close to the stage and you could actually see other guys in the band rolling their eyes at him. I left after 3 songs.

I too was at this show. A wild (no pun intended) moment came towards the middle of the set - Zach Wylde took a huge drink of water and then turned around approached the end of the stage and spat it out on the first few rows - gross. Luckily I was just out of reach. Can you imagine the hippy/biker crowd getting water sprayed on them from the mouth of Zach Wylde. He was lucky to make it out alive after a stunt like that. I did not enjoy that show , but later hearing the recording - the unique-ness has it rated right up there in the 'freak' show category.

I've heard about this show and would love to hear a recording, just out of morbid, train-wreck curiosity. Zakk Wylde?? Just please tell me that Warren didn't put on some spandex pants as a show of support. :barf

Actually Warren was the one rolling his eyes the most if memory serves. They were almost publicly dissing the guy.

It was horrible, like I said 3 songs and I left. There's a funny write up about this show in the book 'Midnight Riders" (some ABB biography)

Now thinking about it.... there was a 3rd time for me

I walked out on Aerosmith..... mostly because KISS had finished

Everything that follows KISS is just lame

walked out on a Butthole Surfers show in '95. Their first song, they played a very uninspired "Pepper" their big radio hit at the time and said "ok, we got that out of the way, so now all you radio fans can go home." Then they played even more uninspired and sloppy and i left after a few more songs. They did not want to be there... the other bands on the bill were Supersuckers/Rev Horton Heat/Toadies and they were all great...

I fell asleep during a 1981 Grateful Dead drum solo. Borrringgggg.

I walked out on Dandy Warhols a couple of years ago. They were a complete shambles onstage, truly awful. I also walked out on the Chili Peppers in an open air thing after the Pixies opened for them on their comeback trail.

oh, i also walked out of a john mayer show. my sister and i went b/c guster was "co-headlining" with him. of course, they got about an hour set and john went on forever. personally, i would've left right after guster, but my sister kind of likes john mayer so we stayed. but even she was bored enough by the encore that she was ready to go.

Yes, twice. Once "The Rasmus", and 2nd "Muse" (both with my daughter :lol , I just made sure she was ok and stuff, and went out to have a nice sit down in the now empty catering areas)

I am pretty sure that I am gonna walk out of a concert very soon though. Bob Dylan April 21st :ninja

(no I won't, as it was a present from me for my husband, and it is probably the greatest present I could ever give him, seeing how much I loathe Dylan :lol )

Impossible, Germany

walked out on a Butthole Surfers show in '95. Their first song, they played a very uninspired "Pepper" their big radio hit at the time and said "ok, we got that out of the way, so now all you radio fans can go home." Then they played even more uninspired and sloppy and i left after a few more songs. They did not want to be there... the other bands on the bill were Supersuckers/Rev Horton Heat/Toadies and they were all great...

I saw that tour; got kicked out of the show by security for lying down in front of the fire escape door after losing my shoe and breaking my toe and losing half my Madonna shirt in the pit. Does that count?

I left a Metallica show in '89 because I was only there for The Cult. That's kinda one I'm not so proud of.

The only show I've walked out of that wasn't at a festival was when Jay Bennett played in Chattanooga back in 03 and we left when Ed Burch started reading some really racy stuff out of a book. They were 2 hours late even playing because Jay was having amp "issues"...s'ok though, because we got to talk to him for a bit.

My dad's left out of several shows we've seen together though. Flickerstick the most times though...too bad, they're great.

Monsters of Rock 1987, slept through most of the Scorpions set, their plane was delayed and by the time they showed up I was ready for a snooze. Van Halen kicked ass though.

Now thinking about it.... there was a 3rd time for me

KISS is just lame

Fixed it for ya...LOL

I was 14 when I first encountered KISS..never could get past the cheesy songs...