At a concert have you ever

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheryl Crow. Wilco opened and we left at the break. Didn't even see her face. We were 3rd row center. As we walked out we gave our tickets to four people in the last row. B)

Ditto that one... We actually stayed for a few songs. I don't hate her and she is pretty to look at.

Most walked out band for me would be Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have walked out 3 times. I was there to see the opening act for all of them.... Fishbone, Thelonius Monster and a couple of others. The 3rd time I walked out on them was when they were headlining the 2nd Lollapalooza.

Ditto that one... We actually stayed for a few songs. I don't hate her and she is pretty to look at.

Most walked out band for me would be Red Hot Chili Peppers. I have walked out 3 times. I was there to see the opening act for all of them.... Fishbone, Thelonius Monster and a couple of others. The 3rd time I walked out on them was when they were headlining the 2nd Lollapalooza.

Thelonius Monster...the most unprofessional, piece of dog-doo band I've ever seen ( opened for RHCP, 11/86).

I swear, on my drunkest day I still sound better than those guys.

If I recall correctly (no guarantees) I was at that show, when he got busted off the stage in Saratoga

I also recall that Greg was yelling at Wylde for upstaging and playing metal licks. This was probably an idea which sounded good wired and hammered on JD the night before on the bus, but the reality was lacking.

Ted Nugent. It was just, I don't know, the combination of the bad music and bad acoustics made it seem an absurdity to stay there.

I walked out of a Nickelback concert after I saw Chevelle kick more ass than Nickelback ever will. Erh, I was there to see Chevelle anyway, so no problem. I was working a Rockstar: Supernova show a few weeks back and after about two songs by them there was a constant stream of really pissed off concert goers. They told me and other workers that it was the worst concert ever! I have to agree, from what I saw and heard, it was pretty bad.

Walked out of the Jay Bennett show at the Middle East this year. Walked out of the blues band Indigenous...too effing loud. Walked out of a Dave Matthews concert, too many alpha males...

you guys will probably think i'm crazy, but here are some that i can recall from the last year...

Charlatans

:realmad

I walked out of Dylan last time I saw him - Birmingham NEC - which is basically a cattle shed. Rubbish sound, crap atmosphere and Bob was in a right old mood.

I also walked out of Suede once - it was in their really shit period. Around Head Music I think.

The one show I distinctly remember walking out of, not because it got too late or anything, was a show at Metro where the Bottle Rockets opened for Kenny Wayne Shepard. After the BR there was no point in sticking around.

LouieB

the 1st concert I've ever walked out of was Death Cab For Cutie.

Surprised at all the Death Cab walkin out. I love SAA and the Photoalbum, Plans and Transatlanticism are hit or miss. So I saw them at Bonnaroo not really expecting much, but they really knocked it out of the park. Eh, each his own.

walked out of built to spill, at the end.

Yeah when they came to Boston ended with 20+ min version of Randy (as I guess they did with last song on that whole tour) that turned into random solos and noise, but was for me it was worth it to stick around and talk to Doug and get a pick.

this thread would be a lot longer if we counted coming late as to skip lame openers. it'd also have more volume if we counted the times we wanted to leave, but were with people who were waaay into it.

i've walked out on A LOT of shows in the mid-90s (when i went to at least a show a week because there were tons of bands signed to majors for a record and quickly dropped). the only one i remember being sad to go was tilt. the hall was a 350 capacity and there were at least 500 people in there -- and it was a rainy, muggy evening in the summer in cleveland heights. i don't think i walked out as much as i wilted out.

oh, and bad religion in 1992. some cockmonster security goon decided to mace some kid in the pit in a room with little ventilation. my asthmatic brother had a fit. i don't miss the empire concert club for that reason.

and zakk wylde plays a les paul, not an explorer. :P

I walked out on Fly Pan Am the second time I saw them, after they had "reinvented" themselves... on Vetiver and Califone, but mostly because both of the shows went super late on a school/work night and I was tired. And I walked out on Hot Hot Heat after about 4 songs the last time I saw them.

I fell asleep at a Tina Turner concert when I was about 7, and I don't think it's happened since. :thumbup

I'll forgive you because you were 7. ;)

Went with a friend (free tickets) to see Sting a couple years ago...we left during before the encore...only because I couldn't get out sooner.

Walked out in the middle of a Rouge Wave show last year....(I'd gone for the opener and I can't even recall who that was).

Left during the middle of a Heavy Trash set. Again, I'd gone for the Sadie's.

Had food poisoning at a Neko show once. Broke my heart to leave that one...

Never fallen asleep at a concert, but have at various plays. I was sitting in front of the well during Macbeth(?) and when I awoke there was a body in there with the head dangling out over the edge staring at me. Freaked me out!