Drinking Right Now

You know, I actually enjoy beer out of a can. I think it stays colder longer and I like the wide sipping birth allowed. The Dale's is very good. Maybe I'll send some out to you....

I wouldn't want to trouble you. I agree though, I'm a fan out of drinking certain beers out of a can. I'm generally a bit of a beer snob but I'll be damned if I don't love Coors light in a can. Heinekin is another one that I won't even touch in a bottle. At any rate, I see that Dale's is available in Wisconsin. We make the occasional summer trip up there. I may try and grab some this weekend. If not, I'll PM you. :pirate

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CapsuleFbShiraz6.jpg

I am drinking some red wine from Argentina. For $3.99, it is not a bad bottle o' wine at all.

The Fat Bastard wasn't my thing. I'm still working on finding out what sorts of wine I actually like...it's been a bit tough because I live in a dry county and can't buy a glass here and a glass there unless I'm eating out of town (and then I usually just go with something I already know I like because I hate to be disappointed at $4 a glass).

Tonight I'm giving this one a go...I like it rather well (but i knew that was going to be the case because sparkly things usually agree with me):

pink-btl.gif

I like red wines, mostly. Shiraz, cabernet sauvignon, pinot noir, are all good in my book. I drink whites less, but that's not to say they aren't good, too, especially in warm weather or with spicy food. Rieslings, especially, are good with Indian food.

2 weeks ago in Little Rock, I was able to enjoy

fat_tire_IMG_1189-tm.jpg

we can't get Fat Tire in Georgia, so brought back 4 cases. I like it on draft much better.

My beer of choice and always on tap is Georgia's own

sweetwater_420.jpg

The Fat Tire has an after-taste I don't much care for, though it is a tasty beer. New Belgium has other beers I appreciate better because of this. But again, Fat Tire is definitely a tasty beer.

I saw Dog Fish Head beer in a liquor store last week and it was selling for $10.99/6-pack. As much as I want to try it, I couldn't do it for that price.

I saw Dog Fish Head beer in a liquor store last week and it was selling for $10.99/6-pack. As much as I want to try it, I couldn't do it for that price.

Worth every penny.

Also put me in the "don't get what the hype is about" camp re: Fat Tire. Tasty, middle-of-the-road amber ale, but I don't see what's so special about it. There are other amber ales out there that are (IMO, of course) just as good, and also happen to be available this side of the Mississippi. :)

That said, drink what you like, and if you like Fat Tire, go for it.

The Fat Tire has an after-taste I don't much care for, though it is a tasty beer. New Belgium has other beers I appreciate better because of this. But again, Fat Tire is definitely a tasty beer.

I'll 3rd the sentiment that you get what you pay for with DogFish Head. However, I'd definitely recommend their flagship beers over some of their batch offerings. The latest was a 4 pack of peach beer (i forget the name) that is absolute horseshit. I now have 3 that I'd feel guilty about throwing away based on what I paid for 'em.

I'll 3rd the sentiment that you get what you pay for with DogFish Head. However, I'd definitely recommend their flagship beers over some of their batch offerings. The latest was a 4 pack of peach beer (i forget the name) that is absolute horseshit. I now have 3 that I'd feel guilty about throwing away based on what I paid for 'em.

Aprihop? I like that one, but it's definitely not for everyone. Midas Touch, too.

Aprihop? I like that one, but it's definitely not for everyone. Midas Touch, too.

No, I love Aprihop. I rarely like fruit beers but I do like Aprihop. This is some sort of peach beer and it's horrendous. Almost taste like a bad cider.

edit: Festina Peche

ND: Left Hand Sawtooth Ale.

No, I love Aprihop. I rarely like fruit beers but I do like Aprihop. This is some sort of peach beer and it's horrendous. Almost taste like a bad cider.

edit: Festina Peche

ND: Left Hand Sawtooth Ale.

Oh, right. I've seen that one around - only comes in the 750mL, right? I'll steer clear.

vodka. with tonic.

I just flew across Canada. I got an upgrade and the nice man up front kept bringing vodka. Now I'm in the Maple Leaf Lounge in Vancouver and, low and behold, there is a pretty much an unlimited supply of vodka and tonic. If I get to Whitehorse tonight, it will be a miracle.