has anybody realized?

"Hate It Here" was played once way back in 2003 as "You're Really Gone" at a Tweedy solo show (5/16/03).

lyrics to this version:

I did the dishes

I mow the lawn

I try to stay busy

But you're still gone

I check the mail

Now I watch the phone

I talk to your mom

She says you're not home

You're really gone

You're really gone

I drive my car

I walk around the block

I ring your bell

-justin

"Hate It Here" was played once way back in 2003 as "You're Really Gone" at a Tweedy solo show (5/16/03).

lyrics to this version:

I did the dishes

I mow the lawn

I try to stay busy

But you're still gone

I check the mail

Now I watch the phone

I talk to your mom

She says you're not home

You're really gone

You're really gone

I drive my car

I walk around the block

I ring your bell

-justin

ohhhhh i love that song. doesn't he say he found it on a tape of songs he recorded around the being there era?

lyrics to this version:

I did the dishes

I mow the lawn

I try to stay busy

But you're still gone

I check the mail

Now I watch the phone

I talk to your mom

She says you're not home

You're really gone

You're really gone

I drive my car

I walk around the block

I ring your bell

-justin

Does anyone have the recording of this they could YSI?

How many songs would say are actually new from the record? I mean I think the arrangments are new with Cline and Sansone addition to the band, but does anyone know how long some of the Sky Blue Sky songs have been around?

I have heard a rumor that most of them are not fairly new, so basically I am wondering if anyone can cofirm or deny it.

Yeah, I posted this a while back right after the album leaked. It was in a thread about favorite lyrics on the album, I think. That connection to You're Really Gone hit me as soon as I heard Hate It Here because that show Jeff played it at is one of my favorite boots. He played My Words, Panthers, You're Really Gone, and another little ditty called A Long Time Ago (some of the lyrics from this song ended up in the final Theologians).

Has anybody else found any connections to other lyrics or poetry? I'm really interested in that, for some reason.

Has anybody else found any connections to other lyrics or poetry? I'm really interested in that, for some reason.

the poem, "Damen Ave." has lyrics from the Loose Fur song, "Street Success", and Wilco's "Corduroy Cutoff Girl"

Yeah, I posted this a while back right after the album leaked. It was in a thread about favorite lyrics on the album, I think. That connection to You're Really Gone hit me as soon as I heard Hate It Here because that show Jeff played it at is one of my favorite boots. He played My Words, Panthers, You're Really Gone, and another little ditty called A Long Time Ago (some of the lyrics from this song ended up in the final Theologians).

you mind posting "youre really gone" and/or "a long time ago"? that would be grrrrreat

He played My Words, Panthers, You're Really Gone, and another little ditty called A Long Time Ago (some of the lyrics from this song ended up in the final Theologians).

Yeah, that's such a great show.

Here's an mp3.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d250nn

It's cool but Hate It Here >> You're Really Gone, someone (IamJacks maybe?) posted a while back that Hate It Here was about as good as you could expect a refresh of that song to come out and I'd agree with that.