• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Rockies game a little while ago and caught the highlights of Buehrle's no-hitter. Good for him. It's always a great thing to watch a guy do this. And in just over 2 hrs. Yipes.

It got me thinking that a lot of no-nos seem to come early in the season in recent memory. Apparently I'm wrong. A break down of all the no-hitters tossed shows August and September as the most prevalent months for no-hitters:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/charts/no-...o-hitters.shtml

And, just because I love lists like this, here's one of all the no-hitters thrown in MLB history, for those interested:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/nohitters

maine_ref_2001.jpg
Wakefield (2-1) struck out four, walked three and lowered his ERA to 1.35. The 40-year-old right-hander has allowed only three earned runs in 20 innings.

Maybe Operation Bringback Mirabelli was worth it after all.

Congrats to Buehrle!!!

I was lucky enough to have that game be my first doing real-time for everyone's favorite (The Worldwide Leader). Basically just monitoring the mlb feed and entering balls/strikes, etc... when the feed fell behind, but it was still pretty cool.

There's definitely worse things than getting paid to watch baseball all night. :D

Congrats to Buehrle!!!

I was lucky enough to have that game be my first doing real-time for everyone's favorite (The Worldwide Leader). Basically just monitoring the mlb feed and entering balls/strikes, etc... when the feed fell behind, but it was still pretty cool.

There's definitely worse things than getting paid to watch baseball all night. :D

I'm trying to get a similar job for sportsline.com.

Maybe Operation Bringback Mirabelli was worth it after all.

I would say so. I wish I had learned the knuckleball in Little League.

- J. Phelps homered to deep left

- D. Jeter singled to left, J. Posada scored, J. Damon to second

- B. Abreu singled to left, J. Damon scored, D. Jeter to second

- A. Rodriguez homered to deep center, D. Jeter and B. Abreu scored

- A. Rodriguez homered to deep center, D. Jeter and B. Abreu scored

Just once, I want to see that thing say:

- A. Dickhead homered to shallow center.

The lines forming for those signings will probably rival the one I waited in to see The Empire Strikes Back.

So who is holding down shit in right field for the Yankmees these days? I'll most likely be in pizza-throwing distance from him tonight.

Bobby Abreu is in right. May I suggest a deep-dish slice?

Have a blast at the game. I'll be watching with a buddy from the Bronx.

Also, time for an update of your sig rankings.

I've already informed my family that I have no interest in speaking with them about anything other than baseball between 7 pm and whatever time it is when Papelbon strikes out the last Yankee batter.