• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame Anna. She was too much woman for Flushing.

Hey what can I say. The yankees are god-awful. They don't have a lick of pitching right now, and the pen is a train wreck. I'm actually surprised those games were as close as they were...They should have pulled that one out friday though...and I am pretty happy they beat up on Dice-K. Going to be a very long season unless a few guys get healthy and they find a way to patch up the leaks in the bull pen.

yeah, Maine is the proverbial "Rick Peterson project." If Maine turns out to be halfway decent, Peterson will get all the credit for it, and hopefully we can move on from the Kazmir/VZambrano disaster. Although, I have Kazmir in my rotisserie league and I don't know what his deal is. He hasnt exactly been lights out either.

Good job by the Mets last night. Need to beat the bad teams...

So, with the Yankees not playing so well, is A-Rod now going to be accused of not being a "true Yankee" because he doesn't suck like the rest of them?

That guy just can't get anything right. :no

So, with the Yankees not playing so well, is A-Rod now going to be accused of not being a "true Yankee" because he doesn't suck like the rest of them?

That guy just can't get anything right. :no

Now that's a damn fine point.

Back-to-back-to-back-to-back homers at the Fens to take the lead. Wow.

Back in the day after Back to Back there would have a hit by pitch

Back in the day after Back to Back there would have a hit by pitch

What sucks is that a Yankee pitcher hasn't backed a Red Sox batter off the plate in years (which is just ridiculous). I don't want them to start headhunting, but you have to throw inside once in a while!

I actually have more respect for the Red Sox staff over the last ten years or so because they have no problem with plunking a Yankee every now and then.

it IS tempting.......where are you seats? if you are on the lower level then we wouldn't be able to see you. But - if you are up top - we could meet up with ya! :) That's where I found the cheap seats.

with the fees - the $8 tickets for 2 people quickly turn to $30 - and that is steep for us right now....plus Metra or driving/parking costs. However, it is still cheaper than regular tickets. I fucking hate Ticketbastard.

Anyhow, I will talk to the G man and let ya know! :)

On Friday night there was a memorable shot of Julian Tavarez with his arm around/leaning on Daisuke and through Daisuke's interpreter it was apparent Tavarez was telling Daisuke how to pitch A-Rod inside and high (as A-Rod was having an AB at the time the cameras picked up on this). Tavarez made a motion as if he were A-Rod flailing away from the ball.

I'm not suggesting Tavarez told Daisuke to plunk A-Rod (I actually feel it got away from him), but Daisuke pitched him that way during A-Rod's first AB on Sunday night. So I'd agree that the Sox, generally, are not afraid to pitch inside. I'm not saying the Yankees pitchers are, but letting Karstens give up 4 dingers in a row...?

After Matsuzaka hit A-Rod, Joe Morgan COULD NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP (no, really) about how they don't teach you how to pitch inside in Japan, and that it's more difficult to pitch inside than outside (or high or whatever) because there's less of a margin for error. Which is somewhat valid, although if you have good command and good control, which Matsuzaka does, you should be able to hit your spots wherever they are. So basically what I'm saying is, I'm going to learn Spanish so I can watch ESPN games on SAP.

Every time I miss a big game on teh TV because I don't have cable, I spend the next few days being thankful for that fact when I hear people talk about how stupid Joe Morgan was again.